Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tz89

Best London Dermatologist for Asian Skin?

Hey
Does anyone have recommendations for a Dermatologist in London that knows acne/acne scarring diagnosis/treatments inside out? I'm willing to pay whatever is necessary (rather not have future regrets) to get the best person available to look at my condition and lay it all out on the table for me. I have seen some dermatologists in the past and have been disappointed.

Two things I need looked at:

- I used to suffer from acne, but went on accutane (had to go on it twice) which stopped it. However, a few months ago I got acne under my my eye area, which has been there for months. I've not touched/popped it or anything, however it's not healing and is a big concern. It's one of the things I want to see a professional for. You can see this in the first picture.

- Acne scarring, I have deep ice picked acne scars which unfortunately, there is no cure for (based on my research). I'd still like to hear it from someone who has years of experience, or maybe see if there's some alternatives that can maybe help reduce visibility of them.

Things about me:

- I'm 31
- I have South asian skin, which is high risk to pigmentation when it comes to stuff like laser treatments. I am scared of things like fraxel as I have read many negative reviews about people undergoing these types of laser treatments. This is why it's crucial to find really competent dermatologist.

Two Derma's that have come up based on my research are Dr Chu and Dr Firas Al-Niaimi. But there's concerns, Dr Chu has had some negative reviews latel as seen here - https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/381718-professor-tony-chu-and-your-reviews/?do=findComment&comment=3619533. And Dr Firas also got a negative review for doing Ablative Laser (C02) https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/385515-anyone-in-the-uk-seen-or-heard-of-dr-firas-al-niaimi/?do=findComment&comment=3630608

Anyone have any advice on what I should do? Instead of lasers, would TCA or fillers be better for my scars? Who I should see?

Edited by tz89