Glycolic Acid Quest...

Notifications
Clear all

Glycolic Acid Question + others

MemberMember
(@green-havenhotmail-com)

Posted : 01/29/2021 10:10 pm

Hi everybody,

I haven't posted much on here. I always wanted to try this and after years I finally bought everything and figured I'd give it ago. Anyway, it's been a month and I can't say I've had any improvement, if anything I'm breaking out worse. I started getting a lot of random chin pimples as well as pretty inflamed pimples around my lips ( embarassing ). But from what I read the intense breakouts seem to be pretty normal. So I'll stick with it. Another thing is that usually my pimples have very pronounced white heads, and now they are much deeper inflamed and very 3D red spots. Sometimes no head even appears, they are just like big red mountains. I haven't had these pimples since I was 20. ( I'm close to 31 now ).

But my real question and reason for this post is - Glycolic acid, how many pumps do I use? when do I use it? and how often do I use it?

And my dumb question is - Is there a reason we couldn't do all of these steps at once? like pump the moisturizer, bp, and glycolic acid into my palm mix it all together and apply it? Sometimes I don't have much time in the morning to sit around and wait for things to drystep after step.

Best regards! Hopefully I'll have good results to post pictures of soon.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 01/30/2021 10:24 am

Hi Loneshepherd,

I'm sorry to hearabout your skin.

Many people are making common mistakes. Take thisquestionnaireto be sure you're on track just right:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#questionaire

Also keep in mind that many people take 3-4 months to get clear. We have received literally hundreds of success stories over the years from people who have said they are so glad they stuck it. Stay patient and you will clear up.

For more information on how to use theACne.org AHA+ kindly visit https://www.acne.org/glycolic-acid.html

Mixing all the 3 ingredients at once will be less effective because you need to use less of each product for your skin to absorb them all completely. Using the prescribedamount all at the same time may lead to irritation and caking.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/30/2021 9:10 pm

I'm not sure how I didn't find that link before. It pretty much answers everything. Anyway, I'll stick with it and I guess I'll have to just modify my morning routine to allow for much more.. face time. Thanks for your input!

MemberMember

Posted : 02/07/2021 7:06 pm

So, kind of funny, but my skin is completely clear now. In fact it hasn't been clear like THIS for six years. Not a single pimple, not even something breweing under the skin. This is pretty great.

I'll definitely post some before and after pictures soon.