Took 2 months off o...

Notifications
Clear all

Took 2 months off of regimen, breaking out now that I'm back on

MemberMember
(@mt-hizzle)

Posted : 01/29/2021 5:55 pm

So I've been using a stripped down version of the regimen for a while now, using the face wash and hydrogen peroxide once or twice a day, and I was quite clear for a while. However, I flew back to my hometown for the holidays and ended up staying for 2 months, and didn't bring my regimen along because of the tsa liquid limits. My skin was quite bad over those 2 months, which was expected, but it's continued to be terrible since I've gotten back and resumed the usual regimen. At first I was definitely drying my skin out too much, so I started using less hydrogen peroxide and applying Cerave moisturizing cream 2-3 times a day which has gotten me back to a good balance moisture wise, but my skin is still awful. I also started using The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution over the 2 months, which seemed to be making it worse if anything, but I did some research and concluded I was probably going through a skin purge due to increased cell turnover. I've since been incorporating it into my old regimen maybe every other day. Has anyone had similar experiences that could give me some insight into what's going on?

MemberMember
(@olyj11)

Posted : 04/21/2021 8:12 pm

I'm going through the same thing. I took a few months off because I didn't want to become dependent on Benzoyl Peroxide for the rest of my life!! So I started using Paula's Choice Salicylic acid. It wasn't strong enough, didn't work. After a few months off and breaking out, I got back on. I've continued to break out after getting back on the regimen that I've slowly gotten the worst breakout of my life! I've been reading a lot, and I remember my first experience with the regimen. We just have to keep going, past the three month mark. I would stop using those other products, just try to use the super basic routine. 1. Cleanser 2. Benzoyl Peroxide 3. Moisturizer. I'm trying to keep my face moisturized and it's been pretty flaky. We can get through this though!!