Notifications
Clear all

questions about small superficial scars

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 01/29/2021 8:09 am

hi everyone,

I wanted to ask some questions about my scars. they are small scars, 1 mm in diameter and about 1 mm deep. they are not due to acne, but to a manual micromotor used to extract hair follicles. I visited doctor Emil, who recommended the laser to me (he didn't specify if erbium or CO2). I wanted to ask how deep can a laser go? Is it possible to heal this type of scars even with rf genius microneedling? are more sessions needed, or just one? are there any side effects? are these results permanent?

thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/29/2021 3:31 pm

6 hours ago, suvvolo said:

I wanted to ask some questions about my scars. they are small scars, 1 mm in diameter and about 1 mm deep. they are not due to acne, but to a manual micromotor used to extract hair follicles. I visited doctor Emil, who recommended the laser to me (he didn't specify if erbium or CO2). I wanted to ask how deep can a laser go? Is it possible to heal this type of scars even with rf genius microneedling? are more sessions needed, or just one? are there any side effects? are these results permanent?

It depends on what type of scar and how widespread it is. More importantly, whether these scars display a visible border or not will make all the difference. To better help you, I need to see your scars. Be sure to follow the following instruction when taking snaps.

• Angled lighting is an approach used to create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation as shown below. This is done by pointing a bright light perpendicular (90-degree) to the angle of the camera lens. See below.
  • Also don't shoot so close that it only shows the cheek. Try to include other parts of the face (eg. nose, mouth and/or ear). This will give better perspective of the scar size.

image.png.ceef7ca2fcb2f56e3f1d18f76085e5c4.png

Depth of penetration by various lasers. (This figure was published in Dermatology, Bolognia JL, Jorizzo JL, Rapini RP, p. 2148, Copyright Mosby Elsevier, 2003) 

image.png.77494ce00ec24a424c61375ca2a451e8.png

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 01/29/2021 6:50 pm

Im sorry I cant post photos for now, anyway they look exactlylike enlarged pores

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 01/30/2021 3:55 am

4DEFED54-7A83-45A8-BBB3-AF962B00C276.png

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 01/30/2021 4:12 am

honestly, i consider them superficial box scars, what do you think about it?
MemberMember
(@babysteps)

Posted : 01/30/2021 7:33 am

I have similar scars maybe a bit narrower than yours.

BA suggested me tca cross.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/30/2021 3:06 pm

10 hours ago, suvvolo said:
honestly, i consider them superficial box scars, what do you think about it?

Apply 0.1% Tretinoin nightly (needs prescription) and 20% TCA peel every 2 weeks.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 01/30/2021 3:42 pm

hi sirius, thanks for your suggestion. but i haven't acne

is it necessary?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/30/2021 4:44 pm

57 minutes ago, suvvolo said:

hi sirius, thanks for your suggestion. but i haven't acne

is it necessary?

It'll help with the enlarged pores. Retin-A (or Tretinoin) will speed up exfoliation while low dose TCA will help to close the pores.

BTW in the above picture, I don'tsee any scars. It looks more likea texture issue. Tret/TCA combo will be helpful.

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 02/01/2021 9:13 am

On 1/30/2021 at 10:44 PM, Sirius Lee said:

It'll help with the enlarged pores. Retin-A (or Tretinoin) will speed up exfoliation while low dose TCA will help to close the pores.

BTW in the above picture, I don'tsee any scars. It looks more likea texture issue. Tret/TCA combo will be helpful.

Yes they seems enlarged pores, but they are little scars caused by punch extraction of hair follicles. In this case, what could help me?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/01/2021 3:29 pm

6 hours ago, suvvolo said:

Yes they seems enlarged pores, but they are little scars caused by punch extraction of hair follicles. In this case, what could help me?

Same as what I recommended above.

Suvvolo liked