Notifications
Clear all

Scarring frrom MRSA

MemberMember
(@kerap2019gmail-com)

Posted : 01/25/2021 5:00 pm

I have scarring from MRSA. It is similar to acne scarring. I have one ice pick, rolling, boxcar, and hypertrophic scars. I also have areas of volume loss where the underlying tissue died and leaked out of the open wounds. My MRSA went untreated because I was incarcerated at the time. I've had these scars all over my body for over ten years. I'm recently released from prison and would like to look like myself again. Thescarring on my face gives it a doughy appearance and makes me look older than I am. Two weeks ago I underwent subcision, fat transfer, erbium laser, and sciton profractional laser treatment. I can already tell that the scars are still there. Can anyone tell me what treatments will fix this type of severe scarring? Or the name of a good doctor in the Nashville area? I'm on parole so I can't travel too far. I just want to look the way I did before I was disfigured by this infection. Please help me.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/25/2021 6:48 pm

1 hour ago, alwaysanalien said:

I have scarring from MRSA. It is similar to acne scarring. I have one ice pick, rolling, boxcar, and hypertrophic scars. I also have areas of volume loss where the underlying tissue died and leaked out of the open wounds. My MRSA went untreated because I was incarcerated at the time. I've had these scars all over my body for over ten years. I'm recently released from prison and would like to look like myself again. The   scarring on my face gives it a doughy appearance and makes me look older than I am. Two weeks ago I underwent subcision, fat transfer, erbium laser, and sciton profractional laser treatment. I can already tell that the scars are still there. Can anyone tell me what treatments will fix this type of severe scarring? Or the name of a good doctor in the Nashville area? I'm on parole so I can't travel too far. I just want to look the way I did before I was disfigured by this infection. Please help me. 

What a coincidence. I've mentioned this problem yesterday in another thread regarding the overuse of antibiotics. These days, doctors overprescribe antibiotics without even thinking about its consequences. There are times when antibiotics is a must, and there are time when it isn't. Sadly, that line has become too blurry.

Per your question, we need to see your scars before any suggestion can be made. 

When taking pictures, keep the following instruction in mind:

Angled lighting is an approach used to create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation as shown below. This is done by pointing a bright light perpendicular (90-degree) to the angle of the camera lens. See below. Basically I want to see MAXIMUM SHADOW.

Also don't shoot so close that it only shows the cheek. Try to include other parts of the face (eg. nose, mouth and/or ear). This will give better perspective of the scar size.

image.png.ceef7ca2fcb2f56e3f1d18f76085e5c4.png