Notifications
Clear all

Dr H Consult for CO2 and Subcision?

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 01/24/2021 6:55 am

Hi there,

Im booked to see Dr H Consult in London for Taylor Liberator Subcision and fully ablative CO2 laser for my acne scars.

Anyone had these treatments with him and can give me a review or tips for healing etc??

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 02/04/2021 6:02 am

On 1/25/2021 at 8:24 AM, whiterabbit said:

Hi,

if you have instagram,check out @acnescarskin, she had the same treatments done a while ago and has doneposts about it.

Good luck!

Thank you! Yes I follow her and like her results... I just worry with people with large followings if theyre sponsored or get things gifted etc! Maybe just me being a skeptic by nature!

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 02/05/2021 5:39 am

11 hours ago, whiterabbit said:

I totally understand as I™m a skeptic myself. I remember she mentioned a while back in a comment that she had Dr H™s treatment for half the price in exchange for documenting it on her insta. But from what I™ve seen from following her a long time, she seems genuine about her outcome and when documenting her skin “ no filters or lighting tricks from what I can see. :)

Would love to know about your experience after your treatments. Wish you luck!

Yeah I saw her promote a cream for scars lately that™s obviously a total rubbish cream and ever since I™ve not really taken her recommendations too seriously. She™s saved about £2000 from Dr H so will definitely be motivated to post good things only... I think I will go to him for Taylor Liberator subcision but not CO2 unless there™s more genuine reviews! 

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/06/2021 1:58 am

On 1/24/2021 at 3:55 AM, helloitsmee said:

Hi there,

Im booked to see Dr H Consult in London for Taylor Liberator Subcision and fully ablative CO2 laser for my acne scars.

Anyone had these treatments with him and can give me a review or tips for healing etc??

Thank you!

I had aggressive fractional CO2 laser treatment and was bloody/scabbed up for a week. Always keep your face moisturized with Aquaphor or Vaniply Ointment - Vaseline will do but it can clog your pores. Do 4 vinegar soaks a day. Do not pick at the scabs. When you shower, don't let the water directly hit your face and possibly knock off scabs.

Subcision is the easiest treatment to recover from. Just sit on the couch, eat popcorn, and wait a few days..... nothing to it.

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 02/08/2021 10:29 am

On 2/6/2021 at 6:58 AM, Amanda Hall said:

I had aggressive fractional CO2 laser treatment and was bloody/scabbed up for a week. Always keep your face moisturized with Aquaphor or Vaniply Ointment - Vaseline will do but it can clog your pores. Do 4 vinegar soaks a day. Do not pick at the scabs. When you shower, don't let the water directly hit your face and possibly knock off scabs.

Subcision is the easiest treatment to recover from. Just sit on the couch, eat popcorn, and wait a few days..... nothing to it.

Thank you! How did you find the results from the aggressive fractional and the subcision??

I had aggressive CO2 too when I was 18 and the recovery was pretty miserable!

MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 02/08/2021 10:36 am

7 minutes ago, helloitsmee said:

Did you see result??

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 02/08/2021 11:27 am

50 minutes ago, Uruguay said:

Did you see result??

Was too long ago to remember. Dont have before/after pics

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/08/2021 11:19 pm

13 hours ago, helloitsmee said:

Thank you! How did you find the results from the aggressive fractional and the subcision??

I've had fractional CO2 done three times. I didn't see any results after my first time; rather, I saw hyperpigmentation that scared me a little. This went away after a few months but I thought it was permanent that time. Fast forward eight years later for my second treatment. I found a different and more experienced doctor using the same laser. Half of my scars got improvement. A boxcar-type crater scar and several superficial scars became much shallower to the point where I didn't feel I needed another treatment in those areas. My deepest scars seemed a little smoother and I was somewhat happy. I wish these could have gotten more improvement but lasers are miracle tools. Some other scars didn't show any changes. I ended up doing a third treatment a year later. Several moderate boxcar scars looked better after treatment. One surgical scar saw no improvement. Two others didn't change but I think the doctor just missed hitting the scar. Ugh. I suffered from erythema for months but this is dependent on your skin type - I'm mixed. Based on your picture, you shouldn't have much of a prolonged issue with this.

Subcision didn't do anything for my type of scars. Mine were mostly boxcar scars, and I'd have to say they are mild compared to what I've seen here. I did it because it was one of those "you never know unless you try" type of treatments that wouldn't have bankrupted me. I was afraid that subcision was going to leave a scar but it didn't. The doctor used a cannula on the side of my face. Recovery was also a breeze. I had the yellow type of bruising that lasted only several days. The swelling went down drastically after the first or second day. HOWEVER, the Taylor Liberator is a wider needle so it might leave a mark that can take longer to heal. The TL, similar to Nokor, can do more "cutting" and "slicing" for lack of better words. These come with more risks but I'm sure you know this. Dr. H said in a post that anybody who thinks cannulas are better tools for subcision are idiots. Yes, he said idiots.

See the below post regarding the TL:

70% TCA Cross, V-Cannula Subcision, Lutronic eCO2 & Radiesse with Dr. Sajic on 12/29 (Guelph, ON, Canada) - Scar treatments - Acne.org

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 02/09/2021 3:56 am

4 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

I've had fractional CO2 done three times. I didn't see any results after my first time; rather, I saw hyperpigmentation that scared me a little. This went away after a few months but I thought it was permanent that time. Fast forward eight years later for my second treatment. I found a different and more experienced doctor using the same laser. Half of my scars got improvement. A boxcar-type crater scar and several superficial scars became much shallower to the point where I didn't feel I needed another treatment in those areas. My deepest scars seemed a little smoother and I was somewhat happy. I wish these could have gotten more improvement but lasers are miracle tools. Some other scars didn't show any changes. I ended up doing a third treatment a year later. Several moderate boxcar scars looked better after treatment. One surgical scar saw no improvement. Two others didn't change but I think the doctor just missed hitting the scar. Ugh. I suffered from erythema for months but this is dependent on your skin type - I'm mixed. Based on your picture, you shouldn't have much of a prolonged issue with this.

Subcision didn't do anything for my type of scars. Mine were mostly boxcar scars, and I'd have to say they are mild compared to what I've seen here. I did it because it was one of those "you never know unless you try" type of treatments that wouldn't have bankrupted me. I was afraid that subcision was going to leave a scar but it didn't. The doctor used a cannula on the side of my face. Recovery was also a breeze. I had the yellow type of bruising that lasted only several days. The swelling went down drastically after the first or second day. HOWEVER, the Taylor Liberator is a wider needle so it might leave a mark that can take longer to heal. The TL, similar to Nokor, can do more "cutting" and "slicing" for lack of better words. These come with more risks but I'm sure you know this. Dr. H said in a post that anybody who thinks cannulas are better tools for subcision are idiots. Yes, he said idiots.

See the below post regarding the TL:

70% TCA Cross, V-Cannula Subcision, Lutronic eCO2 & Radiesse with Dr. Sajic on 12/29 (Guelph, ON, Canada) - Scar treatments - Acne.org

Oh that™s a shame that subcision didn™t do much for you! Yes it seems very much that it™s just luck of the draw. I may have avoided the treatment but I™m also getting some punch excision on the day so I am hoping that they™ll be at least a bit of difference so it™s worth the £££! 

I feel your pain on the erythema! After my CO2 years ago I was left with really bad erythema for over a year afterwards. I couldn™t be seen without makeup! :( This is a huge reason I™m so apprehensive to go for lasers again. But I™m at a point where I™d deal with temporary effects (albeit long term) to get rid of my scars as it™s a huge source of insecurity! 

That™s really interesting how you saw a difference with the same treatment but a different doctor... I guess that shows how important it is to find the right one!!! 

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/09/2021 10:35 am

6 hours ago, helloitsmee said:

Oh that™s a shame that subcision didn™t do much for you! Yes it seems very much that it™s just luck of the draw. I may have avoided the treatment but I™m also getting some punch excision on the day so I am hoping that they™ll be at least a bit of difference so it™s worth the £££! 

I feel your pain on the erythema! After my CO2 years ago I was left with really bad erythema for over a year afterwards. I couldn™t be seen without makeup! :( This is a huge reason I™m so apprehensive to go for lasers again. But I™m at a point where I™d deal with temporary effects (albeit long term) to get rid of my scars as it™s a huge source of insecurity! 

That™s really interesting how you saw a difference with the same treatment but a different doctor... I guess that shows how important it is to find the right one!!! 

Dr. H does treat his patients pretty aggressively with lasers as I've read. Higher risk and higher reward so be prepared...

I'm not saying the TL doesn't work. If you have tethered scars, subcision will help. I'm just pointing out that some patients/doctors go with different forms of subcision. I think lasers are riskier than subcision, but this is just my opinion. The reason I didn't see any improvement is because of my boxcar scarring. I didn't have any rolling scars. It's best to let the doctor evaluate you, which Dr. H has done. Whether or not he wants to throw in an extra treatment just to take your money is up to you to decide, but do you think that's the case? 

MemberMember
(@helloitsmee)

Posted : 02/09/2021 4:24 pm

5 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Dr. H does treat his patients pretty aggressively with lasers as I've read. Higher risk and higher reward so be prepared...

I'm not saying the TL doesn't work. If you have tethered scars, subcision will help. I'm just pointing out that some patients/doctors go with different forms of subcision. I think lasers are riskier than subcision, but this is just my opinion. The reason I didn't see any improvement is because of my boxcar scarring. I didn't have any rolling scars. It's best to let the doctor evaluate you, which Dr. H has done. Whether or not he wants to throw in an extra treatment just to take your money is up to you to decide, but do you think that's the case?

Yeah definitely agree, higher risk higher reward. Gonna take a while to gather laser courage! . Not worried at all aboutthe subcision really, only worried it doesnt do much.

Dr H is actually throwing in any punch I may need for no extra charge as I dont have many ice picks... so Im not worried hes trying to take my money by offering that

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/09/2021 4:30 pm

1 minute ago, helloitsmee said:

Yeah definitely agree, higher risk higher reward. Gonna take a while to gather laser courage! . Not worried at all about the subcision really, only worried it doesn™t do much. 

Dr H is actually throwing in any punch I may need for no extra charge as I don™t have many ice picks... so I™m not worried he™s trying to take my money by offering that

I thought you said you weren't getting subcision. Maybe I misinterpreted.

Oh, Dr. H already took your money. You probably paid a nice little amount and anything he throws in is nothing to him. :)

I'm in the US so I don't know how much he charges exactly but I've only heard. There are some doctors here that charge an arm and a leg, so relatively speaking, he may not be crazy expensive.

Good luck with everything! If you have questions, please send me a DM, although I've been busy with work lately. There are lots of helpful people here who can help. None of us are doctors, but we can offer whatever knowledge we have from our own treatments.

MemberMember
(@kl1122)

Posted : 11/17/2021 5:01 pm

Hi, hope you doing ok, how was your results fromsubcision? and did you went with the Co2 laser at the end?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/17/2021 8:32 pm

On 1/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, whiterabbit said:

Hi,

if you have instagram,check out @acnescarskin, she had the same treatments done a while ago and has doneposts about it.

Good luck!

She had serious issues after his treatments that she doesn't talk about publicly.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/18/2021 1:15 pm

16 hours ago, Scarredfacee said:

She had serious issues after his treatments that she doesn't talk about publicly.

that's so useless imo. Idk why you wouldn't want to help others if you got f*cked over. I hear a lot of negative rumours and allegations against dr H but 0 evidence and pictures. I am willing to believe FAL can be deleterious, but not if it's all 'Oh I can't talk about it publicly' and no pictures. Just seems like baseless slander.

MemberMember
(@kl1122)

Posted : 11/18/2021 2:18 pm

17 hours ago, Scarredfacee said:

Is there a more private platform that she is willing to share? Perhaps a group chat of some sort?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/18/2021 3:28 pm

1 hour ago, kl1122 said:

Is there a more private platform that she is willing to share? Perhaps a group chat of some sort?

You can try and ask her directly. She has shared it in a pm. I have ruled out dr. H for myself and I don't know if in the meantime the issues haveresolvedor not.