Notifications
Clear all

Need advice after failed Subcision and TCA Cross

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 01/19/2021 8:04 am

Hey guys,

I had a treatment 7 months ago by a doctor that is recommended on this boardthat made my scars look worse. I had a Subcision with Radiesse on a wide spreaded areand TCA Cross on one tiny scar. I did visit him another time because I was really unhappy about my results and he did offer me a steroid injection, andhe did say that the Radiesse could have cause my skin condition.I refused to take the steroid injection because I heard a lot of bad stuff about it and I was scarred that something bad could happen.I assume that it is not only the Radiesse That caused this skin conditionbecause he also did say that only a little amount ( I think 0.1 ml) was injected, actually I think this is hyperthrophic scarring as I found out that Radiesse can also cause scarring. Im a little bit prone to hypertrophic and keloid scars and I was on Accutane when I did have the treatment. My doctor knew all of this and he did say that its not a problem. He did not explain all possible side effects and I didnt sign a Formular for side effects wich is strange but I do trust him, well when law issued occur i will benefit from this, but this would be my last step because Im willing to continue a nice relationship with thisDoctor as he did say that he would help me and on top of that he was friendly.Well know Im sitting here with the problem and wishing that I could turn the time back. The texture of my scar i bad its darker and more redthen my healthy skin it is also thicker and raisedthen my healthy skin, it really makes me depressed. The wholetexture is messed up and the skin is thick and there lumps under my skin that puts pressure to my eye, I cant concentrate anymore because it really bothers me.I tried to massage them but I think my lumps only swell up more after the massage. Im really depressed and I really regret the Subcision, my whole life has changed since then. Im totally depressed and I have really really dark moments in my life . I already seek a therapist but she cant really help me. Im going to break up with my girlfriend because I dont want to annoy her with my dark feelings and she really did enough for me , andI cant be the person that I want to be for her anymore. I dont know whats going to happen if nothing else changes... Im really frustrated. However the doctor told me that he will help me with my situation and offer treatments for freee to help me solve my problem. Does anyone have an idea what I could do with my skin type ? I thought about lasser but Im scarred that something bad will happen.please I really need some advice I dont know how long I can live with this anymore.

hereare some pictures, butthe camera cant catch the full depth of my skin situation.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 01/19/2021 12:23 pm

Hm , another person on this forum that has problem after radiesse, when I visited last time Dr Emil he said he can use radiesse as spacer after subc. , but i refused. I red on internet that radiesse can deliver really great results but also has higher risks of lumps, and it cannot be dissolved same way as HA filler, cause radiesse is not HAfiller, so thats why i was afraid.

May i ask you ? So your problem is lump after subc with radiesse ?

And what about the scars that was treated with TCA ? Did get better or worse ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/19/2021 12:49 pm

25 minutes ago, Miro said:

Hm , another person on this forum that has problem after radiesse, when I visited last time Dr Emil he said he can use radiesse as spacer after subc. , but i refused. I red on internet that radiesse can deliver really great results but also has higher risks of lumps, and it cannot be dissolved same way as HA filler, cause radiesse is not HAfiller, so thats why i was afraid.

Of all the semi-permanent to permanent fillers, Radiesse is really the safest, but there is still risk of lumps.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 01/19/2021 12:57 pm

28 minutes ago, Miro said:

Yeah Lumps after Radiesse is my problem, he did say that steroid may help but I know that i doesnt dissolve Radiesse, but I also assume that I developed scar tissue or something like that, because I think that consists of lumps. Im bit prone to keloid so I also assume that a keloid may have formed under my skin. The thing is I can see that something is wrong but I dont know what is wrong. In my opinion the TCA didnt do much, sometimes I think that the TCA could have done the harm but I think it was Sub and Radiesse. Are they any solutions for me that I can tell my Doktor ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/19/2021 1:43 pm

42 minutes ago, Jason2121 said:

Yeah Lumps after Radiesse is my problem, he did say that steroid may help but I know that i doesnt dissolve Radiesse, but I also assume that I developed scar tissue or something like that, because I think that consists of lumps. Im bit prone to keloid so I also assume that a keloid may have formed under my skin. The thing is I can see that something is wrong but I dont know what is wrong. In my opinion the TCA didnt do much, sometimes I think that the TCA could have done the harm but I think it was Sub and Radiesse. Are they any solutions for me that I can tell my Doktor ?

Hey I found this on fillers. It's by Dr Rullan. In the last paragraph you can readwhat you can do for the side effects. I hope this helps you in some way. Lookingon the bright side, at least the Radiessefiller is not permanentand in a year or so it will dissolve naturally.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/6851216_Avoiding_and_Treating_Dermal_Filler_Complications

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/19/2021 5:14 pm

8 hours ago, Jason2121 said:

I had a treatment 7 months ago by a doctor that is recommended on this boardthat made my scars look worse. I had a Subcision with Radiesse on a wide spreaded areand TCA Cross on one tiny scar.

It's pretty useless to talk about this after the fact, but I see two problems, which I've already stated elsewhere on multiple occasions.

1) ONLY USE TEMPORARY FILLER

When you're getting a filler after subcision (as a SPACER), only use HA fillers. Never use Radiesse, Sculptra or other semi-permanentor permanent fillers.

2) WAIT UNTIL THE SWELLING IS GONE

I say this over and over again. You cannot possibly inject with any precision when there is swelling. Moreover, the filler must be injected superficially, so the cause for possible lumps is even greater when you inject the filler while swelling is present.Hence, it's in your best interest to wait 2 weeks (or until the swelling subsides) then get filler done.