Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarsarebeautiful

Best treatments for my scars?

11 hours ago, scarsarebeautiful said:

Hi, What are some good treatments for my acne scars?

Your scars are barely noticeable. If you want an honest assessment, we need to see the "raw" image of your scars. 

Can you please shoot another set of pics while considering the following instruction?

Angled lighting is an approach used to create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation as shown below. This is done by pointing a bright light perpendicular (90-degree) to the angle of the camera lens. See below.

Also don't shoot so close that it only shows the cheek. Try to include other parts of the face (eg. nose, mouth and/or ear). This will give better perspective of the scar size.

image.png.ceef7ca2fcb2f56e3f1d18f76085e5c4.png

On 1/18/2021 at 3:33 AM, scarsarebeautiful said:

Hi, What are some good treatments for my acne scars?

image.png.77494ce00ec24a424c61375ca2a451e8.png

You mostly have boxcar and rolling scars. 

My philosophy for scar treatment is pretty simple. (1) Get rid of the scar borders then (2) plump up the pits. The reason for this is that it's the borders that accentuate the scar when the light is reflected, which creates shadows around the scars. It's the border that makes the scar stand out. It ain't the pit.

As such, no border = less visibility of the scar.

No border can be achieved with either TCA (high %) or ablative laser (CO2 or erbium). If it were me, I would use TCA in the beginning and then migrate to laser towards the end. 

Once the edges have been more or less leveled, you can then even out the texture with dermal filler. There are other options like RF microneedling to help create more of your own collagen as well.

Note: You will need multiple procedures.

Okay so TCA as in CROSS or the peel? Also how many do u recommend and then when should I do The ablative laser? Thought my scars would be more complicated to deal with but seems basic enough.

Thanks for your time.

1 hour ago, scarsarebeautiful said:

Okay so TCA as in CROSS or the peel? Also how many do u recommend and then when should I do The ablative laser? Thought my scars would be more complicated to deal with but seems basic enough.

Thanks for your time.

TCA CROSS (between 70% and 100%, depending on the scar severity).

How many TCA treatments? Until the edges are relatively smooth. One treatment won't fix it, but after several you should begin to see a good improvement. I would say 6-8 treatments. It's also important that you not rush treatments. I suggest getting a treatment every 3 months.

Ablative laser is used to blend everything in, so save it until the last.