Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin 0.1% for scarring

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/14/2021 10:48 am

So I was under the impression that topical retinoids are mainly useful for new/developing scars, however after messaging several people I have heard positive outcomes after years of useon their very old/mature scarring. I am not naive to the various architecture of scarring i.e.tethering of rolling scars etc. but it's still amazing to me how people can get to see significant improvements,What do you all think? I've included a reddit link as an example.

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2021 11:29 am

This is amazing!

BA_2022 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/14/2021 11:30 am

My doctor told me that retinoids have twofold effect of keeping the acne at bay and stimulating the skin's collagen, filling the pits left after the pimples. So I keep using my retinol even though I'm acne free right now.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 01/14/2021 12:40 pm

tretinoin is no joke butit really works.

Kay24 and BA_2022 liked
MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/14/2021 2:05 pm

@can i get a new life pleaseyes you can, the only time I would advise against it is on an open wound. I think they will be even better on immature/red scars!

You liked
MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 01/15/2021 3:36 am

Is tretinoin 0.1% better than Adapelene 0.1% ??

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/15/2021 7:02 am

@UruguayFrom what I've researched they both activate the same receptors however Adapelene is more targeted (it doesn't activate receptors leading to irritation)so there is less side effects and hence more of a likelihood to continue treatment.

MemberMember
(@fuenzalacalientegmail-com)

Posted : 01/16/2021 10:32 am

Can i use treitonin 0.025% while using AHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solution weakly?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/16/2021 2:50 pm

Hey guys do you know how long I should apply retinoid gel on my skin? I don't have acne any more but I've been using it for the collagen. So do I need to use it for life?

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 01/17/2021 12:19 pm

@grannhThe way I am doing it is ensuring that my skin hasfullyacclimated to tretinoin (after many months of use there noredness or excessive flaking) and then using theAHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solutionONCE weekly (at night time and not using any tretinoin for thatnight). If your skin is used to acid exfoliants then you have nothing to worry about, but i first only used it for 3 minutes and gradually worked my way up to 10 minutes.

@alisvolatpropriisI personally think its good if you incorporate into your skincare routine as it can reduce signs of ageing. However if it starts to "flatten/fill in" your scars then it will be a permanent results which will not reverse even if you decide to stop using it (I messaged a number of people who confirmed this).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/17/2021 2:03 pm

1 hour ago, ParisN said:

@grannhThe way I am doing it is ensuring that my skin hasfullyacclimated to tretinoin (after many months of use there noredness or excessive flaking) and then using theAHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solutionONCE weekly (at night time and not using any tretinoin for thatnight). If your skin is used to acid exfoliants then you have nothing to worry about, but i first only used it for 3 minutes and gradually worked my way up to 10 minutes.

@alisvolatpropriisI personally think its good if you incorporate into your skincare routine as it can reduce signs of ageing. However if it starts to "flatten/fill in" your scars then it will be a permanent results which will not reverse even if you decide to stop using it (I messaged a number of people who confirmed this).

I also had lots of flaking and redness for a long time so I tried using Retin A every second night and applying Cerave Night Cream after to hydrate the skin more. It's a lot more tolerable now. I am still trying to see any filling of the scars.