Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colorful

Skin type (IV), Icon laser and acne scar treatment

Hello everyone again. The last time I posted here I only had a few scars. It has been 5 months and I have had many scars. I am very sad. I did everything to stop pimples, but I could not stop them from leaving scars. I have been using Rouccutane for 1 month.
Currently, my boxcar and pick scars are intense. I think they are pick scar, not ice pick. I also have light rolling scars.
I have dark skin (skin type IV). 26 years old. Do you think non-ablative lasers (Icon) + subcision + prp is a suitable treatment?
I have received 3 Scarlet Rf treatments in the last 5 months, but I have not seen any effect.
My doctor told me that fractional co2 lasers are not suitable for my skin. But Dr. Lim explained that he was practicing on his last insatram post. What are you thinking? So many questions, but I feel sad, psychologically exhausted. I don't want to go outside in daylight. Please share your experiences.

Can we see your scars? When taking pictures, consider the following instruction.

Angled lighting is an approach used to create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation as shown below. This is done by pointing a bright light perpendicular (90-degree) to the angle of the lens. See below.

Also don't shoot so close that it only shows the cheek. Try to include other parts of the face (eg. nose, mouth and/or ear). This will give better perspective of the scar size.

image.png.ceef7ca2fcb2f56e3f1d18f76085e5c4.png

Since there is no proper lighting, I can shoot this much with the phone. There are denser marks on my right side, there are structural distortions. Less on my left cheek.
Since it has sunscreen, my skin color looks lighter.
Help me to improve what I can do.

I cannot find a doctor who does TCA cross in the country where I live. What other treatments can help?

IMG_20210114_142131.jpg

IMG_20210114_142635.jpg

IMG_20210114_142903.jpg

IMG_20210114_142607.jpg

IMG_20210114_142655.jpg

11 hours ago, colorful said:

Since there is no proper lighting, I can shoot this much with the phone. There are denser marks on my right side, there are structural distortions. Less on my left cheek.

You don't have another phone laying around?

Anyway, before you can start a treatment, you must get your acne (especially cystic acne) under control. Accutane (isotretinoin) or Retin-A (tretinoin) is probably the best.

There are many treatments other than TCA. Your scars look pretty shallow, so you have many choices to choose from. But get those acne cleared up first.