Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
glenm887

Retin-A - How long does it take for redness to go?

I started applying Retin-A 0.01% on Monday morning. I've now applied it 4 times and my skin has started to become red around my mouth area. How long does it take for the redness to go down? its extremely sore!

Redness will go away only when you stop using retin-a.

If you use a moisturizer while using retin-a this will make your face red.

Redness will go away only when you stop using retin-a.

If you use a moisturizer while using retin-a this will make your face red.

Are you sure? isn't it a bit stupid to have perm redness!

You are supposed to apply it at night and use a SPF during the day.

My prescription gives instructions to apply twice a day, thats also what the derm said to me!

Supposedly the redness that your experiencing is just an initial irritation to the medication. That being said, it will take about 1-2 weeks to go away. Of course, every medication differs from person to person.

I started applying Retin-A 0.01% on Monday morning.  I've now applied it 4 times and my skin has started to become red around my mouth area.  How long does it take for the redness to go down? its extremely sore!

is your redness juz pigmentation type or are they actually pimples?? This may be the effects of "becoming worse before it gets better',lots of retin_A users experienced this. Such side effects sometimes subsides after 2-4 weeks but some users from this forum said that months after using,they are still having worse breakouts.

the redness is around my mouth where i don't actually get many spots, its more eczema like. i've had to put hydrocortasone cream on it because the burning was so intense.

The spots on my forehead are worse but there's not much eczema there. Zineryt use to heal the breakouts within 2-3 days, now my spots have been there and are not healing since stopping Zineryt and using Retin-A.

the redness is typical; for most people, it subsides after two weeks. you may try using a moisturizer after applying the retin-a, or using the retin-a once a day. it's odd that you've been asked to use it twice a day; sunlight breaks apart retin-a, so it's kind of pointless to use it in the morning.

Reddness sucks a lot, it never really goes away untill you stop using it for a month or more. its one of those things you just have to live with.

I, too have been prescripted with tretinoin 0.1% by my dermatologist. I've been using it already for 5 days, and it seems that after everytime i washed my face, it turns red and a few minutes, it subsides. Maybe, you just have to be patient, and have to wait for it to subside. By the way, how long should I wait for the results for the scars will fade, and zits to pass? My zits have been pricked by the derma, and I notice that the wounds heal and look depressed. Is that natural? cry.gif

I, too have been prescripted with tretinoin 0.1% by my dermatologist. I've been using it already for 5 days, and it seems that after everytime i washed my face, it turns red and a few minutes, it subsides. Maybe, you just have to be patient, and have to wait for it to subside. By the way, how long should I wait for the results for the scars will fade, and zits to pass? My zits have been pricked by the derma, and I notice that the wounds heal and look depressed. Is that natural? cry.gif