Notifications
Clear all

Treatment options for smoothing the edge of boxcars?

MemberMember
(@evavskoalagmail-com)

Posted : 12/29/2020 6:04 pm

I don't really have ice pick scars, but mostly shallow boxcars and some rolling scars.

I've notice that when i make my skin really matt by using a loose powder those scars look much less visible. So i thought, smoothing the edges could help a lot with my scars somehow.

I read that tca cross canhelp, are there other treatments like lasers that can help as well?

I'm bit reluctant to try tca cross since i read so many horror stories about it even on this forum...

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 12/29/2020 7:39 pm

Yes, I agree, Following this post. I have been suggested TCA cross as well but the horror stories prevent me from going further.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/29/2020 9:06 pm

3 hours ago, Tory said:

I don't really have ice pick scars, but mostly shallow boxcars and some rolling scars.

I've notice that when i make my skin really matt by using a loose powder those scars look much less visible. So i thought, smoothing the edges could help a lot with my scars somehow.

I read that tca cross canhelp, are there other treatments like lasers that can help as well?

I'm bit reluctant to try tca cross since i read so many horror stories about it even on this forum...

There are only horror stories? You've never seen success stories? I'm certain success stories far outweigh the horror stories.

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 12/30/2020 2:11 am

it is possible to resurface the edges of some of the scars with lasers, it is called shouldering.

high-density erbium laser or co2 laser used fractionally could help.

Forum user sybel did this for the edges of some scars, and had improvements.

also genius rf coulud help for this. I suggest you to talk about it with a derm expert in scar revision.

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/15/2021 8:56 am

I did tangential resurfacing, it definitely flattened the edges of boxcars and make it look much smoother, in normal lights i cant even see where the scar is but under extreme lighting i can see the depression but not the scar border. My doctor didn't hit the base of the scar, just the edges of the boxcar

Suvvolo and Starlite liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/15/2021 4:16 pm

Yes I did Erbium laser for the edges of the 14 scars and it gave the result. Also at home I do tca paint(not cross) on the edges. Also slowly gives the result. I microneedle the edge and then straight away put 2 layers of tca 15%. Using the tooth pick with a tiny bit of cotton on the end. I tried 20% and 25% but did not see much difference with 15%.
I would like to repeaterbium on the edges with Dr.Emil in Denmark because he is very precise and does exactly the edged marked by me. Also thinking about rf mnd. While waiting the travel restrictions to be liftedI found the dermatologist in Brussels who doesGenius rfmnd. Going to do partially(forehead) in 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@kyle-ogradyhotmail-com)

Posted : 04/19/2021 12:18 am

For my boxcars I had better results with erbium and genius (combined in 1 session) than TCA done 3 times by a scar expert. They are a pain in the ass to treat if they are like mine. I'd see a derm expert who treats using these 3 modalities and go from there. Good luck