Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tory

Treatment options for smoothing the edge of boxcars?

I don't really have ice pick scars, but mostly shallow boxcars and some rolling scars.

I've notice that when i make my skin really matt by using a loose powder those scars look much less visible. So i thought, smoothing the edges could help a lot with my scars somehow.

I read that tca cross can help, are there other treatments like lasers that can help as well? 

I'm bit reluctant to try tca cross since i read so many horror stories about it even on this forum...

3 hours ago, Tory said:

I don't really have ice pick scars, but mostly shallow boxcars and some rolling scars.

I've notice that when i make my skin really matt by using a loose powder those scars look much less visible. So i thought, smoothing the edges could help a lot with my scars somehow.

I read that tca cross can help, are there other treatments like lasers that can help as well? 

I'm bit reluctant to try tca cross since i read so many horror stories about it even on this forum...

There are only horror stories? You've never seen success stories? I'm certain success stories far outweigh the horror stories. 

it is possible to resurface the edges of some of the scars with lasers, it is called shouldering.

high-density erbium laser or co2 laser used fractionally could help.

Forum user sybel did this for the edges of some scars, and had improvements.

also genius rf coulud help for this. I suggest you to talk about it with a derm expert in scar revision.

Edited by suvvolo