Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i rarely post but figured i need to tell someone how i'm feeling today and lately. my family and friends are tired of hearing me and i'm so tired of hearing it's not as bad as you think. i've been on accutane for 5 months now and still have 2 more months to go. my skin is pretty much clear but i'm left with a face full of dents and some icepicks. i hate walking around like this. i feel like my insecurity filters into every aspect of my life. i'm tired of wearing my hair down, and not like it helps anyway. people obviously can tell i'm trying to hide something. i feel sick that by the time i'll be able to get revisions for my scars the famous dr y will not even be around. not to mention the fact that i don't even live near new orleans. i am so jealous of people with smooth skin. they don't even think about what it's like to deal with this. i just feel and look like shit. cry.gif

do not reply if you're gonna tell me be happy i have my flippin arms or something cuz i might feel like taking one of them and punching you in the face. thanks

I know it's hard but try and keep positive - the accutane is probably making you more depressed at the moment, too, so once you've come off of that you will probably start feeling a little better. Try to focus on the fact that you ARE clear now, which is a good thing, and your face is probably looking a whole lot better than it was when you had active acne.

As far as the scarring goes, you shouldn't be looking at dermabrasion as the only option. I'm sure you know this already, but other methods, such as needling, TCA CROSS, subcision, punch excision and isolagen have given good results with rolling and, particularly, ice pick scarring. You could look into these avenues once your skin has recovered from the accutane (usually around 6 months to a year after taking the drug). In this recovery period, you could be doing mild acid peels and using high quality moisturisers such as the Intense Gel and the Clarifying Synergy in order to improve the appearance of your skin.

As I said, I appreciate you must be feeling very low, but try to keep positive by looking at it from a different angle, and look into the treatments that will be available to you thoroughly so you have the best idea of what you can expect, how much to pay, where to go, etc.

Good luck and please let us know your progress. smile.gif