Notifications
Clear all

Acne everywhere on my body!

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 12/16/2020 12:07 am

I got a lot of acne surrounding my body. Is this the effect of stress that I accumulate every day? Since I was doing nothing, only working at my home. I am 9 AM - 9 PM shift. Do you have any tips to get rid of this?! Please help!

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 12/16/2020 7:48 pm

Acne has 4 main causes: bacteria, fungus/yeast, demodex skin mites or possibly hormones. A high sugar diet triggers more skin oil which feeds bacteria, fungus and demodex skin mites. Demodex skin mites eat oil and can appear anywhere on your body except the palms of your hands and the solesof your feet. Demodex can cause what looks like body acne as can the other 3 causes of acne.

Borax as bound in 20 Muleteam Borax is antimicrobial. It also kills demodex. A 30 minute per day warm bath soak with 1 cup of Borax powder and 1 cup of Epsom salts may help. Its described here for Rosacea Sub Type 2 (which looks like acne too):

https://irosacea.org/forums/topic/3817-elainea-borax-bath-for-demodectic-rosacea/

A knowledgeable dermatologist can test you for the cause. Unfortunately, many dermatologist just do quick visual exams and guess at what might be causing the skin issues. They can test for a demodex skin mite infestation as well as bacteria, fungus and imbalanced hormones.

If you have demodex the following inexpensive, 2 generic drugprescription treatment can clear it in as little as 2 weeks.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?40002-Oral-Ivermectin-getting-diagnosed-and-a-prescription

General Tips: Reducing sugar in the diet from food and drinks is important to cut back on the oil that is feeding the cause. A healthy diet, probiotics, sleep and regular exercise can all help reduce stress. Use clean towels for face and body daily. Wear clean clothes.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 12/18/2020 2:50 am

Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to be kind. I will check it for sure.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 12/18/2020 4:19 am

On 12/15/2020 at 9:07 PM, milkysweet said:

I got a lot of acne surrounding my body. Is this the effect of stress that I accumulate every day? Since I was doing nothing, only working at my home. I am 9 AM - 9 PM shift. Do you have any tips to get rid of this?! Please help!

I've had acne on my face, neck, body, arms (more like Keratosis Pilaris), and butt. For years, I didn't know what caused it - and sometimes I still don't. It could be one or many things. It was pretty much trial and error for me.

Try cutting out dairy. If you drink milk, switch to almond or soy milk. Dairy can cause acne.

Reduce sugar like Elaine said. Ditch the snacks as hard as it is. Look at the back of packages for high sugar content. Things like flavored yogurt and juice drinks have a lot of sugar.

Wash your clothes regularly. Don't wear the same items multiple times because of bacteria. If you work out, definitely don't wear the same things twice unless it's a really light workout and they're shorts or socks.

When you wash your clothes, make sure the laundry detergent doesn't have fragrances or anything that can clog your pores. I'm not too knowledgeable on this but Google this. Also, fabric softener may play a part in aggravating the skin.

Don't touch your face or other parts of your skin if you haven't washed your hands. If you play sports, work out, do chores, go shopping, etc., wash your hands once you get home. Your hands can be dirty and filled with germs and oily.

Don't wash too often. I used to shower two to three times a day - don't ask why - and my skin got really dry. What happens is that your skin produces more sebum. I used to think that washing more often would dry the skin out and make it less oily. This is not good. Rather, you should moisturize to make sure your skin has enough moisture.

To combat acne, it's always best to see a dermatologist. You'll probably be prescribed Retin-A or something similar. For over the counter products, try AmLactin for the arms, back, and butt.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 12/23/2020 7:56 pm

On 12/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, Amanda Hall said:

I've had acne on my face, neck, body, arms (more like Keratosis Pilaris), and butt. For years, I didn't know what caused it - and sometimes I still don't. It could be one or many things. It was pretty much trial and error for me.

Try cutting out dairy. If you drink milk, switch to almond or soy milk. Dairy can cause acne.

Reduce sugar like Elaine said. Ditch the snacks as hard as it is. Look at the back of packages for high sugar content. Things like flavored yogurt and juice drinks have a lot of sugar.

Wash your clothes regularly. Don't wear the same items multiple times because of bacteria. If you work out, definitely don't wear the same things twice unless it's a really light workout and they're shorts or socks.

When you wash your clothes, make sure the laundry detergent doesn't have fragrances or anything that can clog your pores. I'm not too knowledgeable on this but Google this. Also, fabric softener may play a part in aggravating the skin.

Don't touch your face or other parts of your skin if you haven't washed your hands. If you play sports, work out, do chores, go shopping, etc., wash your hands once you get home. Your hands can be dirty and filled with germs and oily.

Don't wash too often. I used to shower two to three times a day - don't ask why - and my skin got really dry. What happens is that your skin produces more sebum. I used to think that washing more often would dry the skin out and make it less oily. This is not good. Rather, you should moisturize to make sure your skin has enough moisture.

To combat acne, it's always best to see a dermatologist. You'll probably be prescribed Retin-A or something similar. For over the counter products, try AmLactin for the arms, back, and butt.

Thanks for your advice. I already follow this steps and I also read some articles and I randomly found this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7539826/ as this helps me realized what I am going trough to my inner self.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 12/29/2020 5:33 am

It seems I'm going to be okay right now guys. Thanks for all your help :)

Ishayat liked
MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 12/30/2020 1:02 am

19 hours ago, milkysweet said:

It seems I'm going to be okay right now guys. Thanks for all your help :)

I am happy to know that you are okay.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 12/31/2020 5:18 am

On 12/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, tellurium said:

I am happy to know that you are okay.

Thanks, tellurium. How about you? Feeling great as well?

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 01/03/2021 11:29 pm

Pretty good despite of my acne scars on my face which is OMG so hard to fade away ... but still can manage. Not an acne scar that can bring me down.

MemberMember
(@kavencare)

Posted : 01/18/2021 11:31 pm

On 12/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, milkysweet said:

You can try Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide)which lowers the levels of acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation. Apply it to your full face to treat active pimples and to prevent new ones from forming.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 01/20/2021 4:25 am

On 1/19/2021 at 12:31 PM, KavenCare said:

You can try Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide)which lowers the levels of acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation. Apply it to your full face to treat active pimples and to prevent new ones from forming.

Okay, I'll try this one. Have you try to apply this on your face?