Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suzi312

Anyone try a peel for individual shallow boxcar scars?

I've been microneedling and doing retin-a for about a year now and although I've seen some improvements, my individual boxcar scars are still there. Recently I got subcision done and that gave me a maybe 30% improvement. I wonder if she really severed the bonds, or if there was tethering at all, because I was really expecting more improvement. I also did suctioning afterwards, the same protocol as a study. Now I'm thinking about spot treating the scars with a peel, but not as strong as doing a TCA cross. These are very shallow boxcar scars. I should note that when I do retin-a, I put on a thick layer and leave it all night so I get quite a bit of peeling. I'd be going for something stronger than the retin-a but lighter than a heavy TCA. Jessner maybe? Thinking of maybe doing a series of them...peel, heal, peel, heal, peel, heal. 

TCA cross, TCA peel are merely jargons. What's important is the actual TCA concentration used. You must know how to adjust the strength according to the scar depth as well as how prominent the scar edges appear. Also it's worth mentioning that any strength under 50% is not recommended for scars. For example, 35% which is the standard strength for TCA peel will not do anything for scars.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:16 PM, Sirius Lee said:

TCA cross, TCA peel are merely jargons. What's important is the actual TCA concentration used. You must know how to adjust the strength according to the scar depth as well as how prominent the scar edges appear. Also it's worth mentioning that any strength under 50% is not recommended for scars. For example, 35% which is the standard strength for TCA peel will not do anything for scars.

I dont necessarily agree with you recommending anything when author thinks she might still be tethered / hasnt posted pics of her acne scarring

OP: can we see pics/vids with angled lighting thx