Notifications
Clear all

Subcisions: blunt cannula, v-shape cannula, Taylor liberator

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 12/15/2020 11:38 am

Hi guys,

after @aestheticseekerposted useful anecdotes re: their acne scarring treatment journey, I felt a bit inspired to to contact my physician and change my blunt cannula subcision with Radiesse on December 29th to Taylor liberator with co2.

My appointment has now been successfully changed to have both treatments on that day, I will share my experience as a skin type 3.5 (really IV), comments and before/after pix in a future post.

however, my physicians assistant warned me in email that the liberator requires a larger port, meaning stitches will be required and a scar will most likely be left behind. She further advised that the v shaped cannula can be used (which is also quite substantial in size with a v shaped fork at the end), but would require a smaller port and there would be less chance of a scar at the insertion point.

im wondering if anyone has had subcision performed with a v shaped cannula or the Taylor liberator and can share their experience with me? Im trying to find as much info as I can on the liberator... for those who had it, did you have any filler done on the same day?

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/15/2020 12:46 pm

I didnt need stitches and the hole made was small I can show you a video

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 12/15/2020 1:08 pm

There are Taylor liberator subcision videos on youtube by Dr Taylor himself

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 12/15/2020 2:16 pm

1 hour ago, aestheticseeker said:

I didnt need stitches and the hole made was small I can show you a video

Please show me

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 12/15/2020 9:19 pm

Taylor liberator is for lazy doctors who wanna save time, and take a sledge hammer to a nail. It's overkill, and more risky to boot. Cannula is the way to go, accomplishes the job with much less downtime.

Miro liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/16/2020 4:41 am

My advice would be to think very carefully. This seems to be quite a quick decision that you've made. Yes the Taylor liberator port will be fairly large. You will have ascar afterwards. The complication rate fromNokor was considered to be too high which is why most doctors have swapped out to blunt canula.You can still see the large amount of patients who complain on this forum from haematomas and seromas from blunt canula, so imagine what a much sharper and larger tool is going to do as it crosses half your face to get to your scars. Up to you really but I personally would not.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/16/2020 6:01 am

The purpose of subcision is cut tethers that hold your skin/scars tied down to whatever , and so u need to cut those tethers and release the scar, cannula can do the job as can nokor as can taylor , diference is side effects , cannula is safe as hell compared even to nokor not to mention that screwdriver taylor that does unbelievable colateral damage , i understand we re all desperate to get rid off our acne scars but comon seriously , think about it , why taylor should deliver better results then cannula ?

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 12/16/2020 9:41 am

3 hours ago, Miro said:

The purpose of subcision is cut tethers that hold your skin/scars tied down to whatever , and so u need to cut those tethers and release the scar, cannula can do the job as can nokor as can taylor , diference is side effects , cannula is safe as hell compared even to nokor not to mention that screwdriver taylor that does unbelievable colateral damage , i understand we re all desperate to get rid off our acne scars but comon seriously , think about it , why taylor should deliver better results then cannula ?

I may decidetowards getting v shaped cannula compared to the Taylor liberator.. (v shaped cannula is still substantial in size but no where close to the Taylor liberator). Im thinking about this procedure because full field subcision DOES carrymore of a likelihood of untethering all or most of the scars versus the physician untethering each scar.. when each scar likely has hundreds of fibrotic bands tethered to underlying tissue. I have some broad boxcar scars that I think would benefit from the procedure.

im going to email the physicians assistant back today to confirm this v shaped cannula is in fact the Silkann GTI Cannula

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/16/2020 4:35 pm

11 hours ago, F1racer said:

My advice would be to think very carefully. This seems to be quite a quick decision that you've made. Yes the Taylor liberator port will be fairly large. You will have ascar afterwards. The complication rate fromNokor was considered to be too high which is why most doctors have swapped out to blunt canula.You can still see the large amount of patients who complain on this forum from haematomas and seromas from blunt canula, so imagine what a much sharper and larger tool is going to do as it crosses half your face to get to your scars. Up to you really but I personally would not.

10 hours ago, Miro said:

seems like you guys are formed a canula cult without even trying taylor yourself lol

I have undergone taylor on monday, have video footage and will be documenting everything for everyone to see the truth themselves.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/16/2020 5:25 pm

49 minutes ago, aestheticseeker said:

seems like you guys are formed a canula cult without even trying taylor yourself lol

I have undergone taylor on monday, have video footage and will be documenting everything for everyone to see the truth themselves.

You Dont have to try heroin by yourself to know Its bad

facial liked
MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/16/2020 5:31 pm

4 minutes ago, Miro said:

You Dont have to try heroin by yourself to know Its bad

lol such a comparison is unreasonable given i have personally seen before and afters with TL with good results... heroin has helped no one but you seem as addicted to canulas as one is to heroin LMFAO

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/16/2020 5:45 pm

6 minutes ago, aestheticseeker said:

lol such a comparison is unreasonable given i have personally seen before and afters with TL with good results... heroin has helped no one but you seem as addicted to canulas as one is to heroin LMFAO

Taylor liberator has helped no one from what I can see on internet, and i hope you will not regret doing it,never saw a person with proper befores afters that justify your claim Taylor liberator is better then cannula, quite contraty studies out there say clearly cannula is best for subcision , so stop selling here your Taylor liberator, show me one study that says Taylor is something good or better then cannula except articles fromMark Taylor or Dr H from London.

What u say is laughable ,you say wegotta try ourselfs otherwise wedont know, well i dont have to try everything to know .

But to the point :

I saw Dr H from London instagram and I say his befores afters are laughable, this is result of his famous Talyor and full ablation ? Jesus u must be kidding me .

May we ask u once again , why subcision with Taylor should deliver better results then nokor or cannula ? Please answer the question

And lastly come back in 6 month and show us befores afters and we ll see whats your progress.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/16/2020 5:48 pm

10 minutes ago, Miro said:

Taylor liberator has helped no one from what I can see on internet, and i hope you will not regret doing it,  never saw a person with proper befores afters that justify your claim Taylor liberator is better then cannula, quite contraty studies out there say clearly cannula is best for subcision ,  so stop selling here your Taylor liberator, show me one study that says Taylor is something good or better then cannula except articles from  Mark Taylor or Dr H from London.

What u say is laughable ,you say  we gotta try  ourselfs otherwise we dont know, well i dont have to try everything to know .

But to the point

I saw Dr H from London instagram and I say his befores afters are laughable, this is result of his famous Talyor and full ablation ? Jesus u must be kidding me .

May we ask u once again , why subcision with Taylor should deliver better results then nokor or cannula ? Please answer the question 

And lastly come back in 6 month and show us befores afters and we ll see whats your progress.

Good luck 

There are 100% some tethering in some individuals that are resilient to breakage with canulas thats all I have to comment on this subject. I have undergone extensive nokor and canula subscisions and had major improvements but some areas proved to be resistant to canulas and we shall see for ourselves what happens in my case.

The tumescent was amazing cause it clearly allowed me and my dr to see which areas werent raising and surely enough those same areas had tethering when trying to go through it with the taylor instrument! In addition the heaping loads of tumescent anesthesia undoubtedly helps prevent retethering imo 

And whats really hilarious is i just visited Dr.H's instagram upon reading your trash talk and he posted this on dec 9th which is apparently 3 weeks post OP

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIidmXagjFb/

ARE YOU GOING TO SERIOUSLY LIE AND SAY THATS LAUGHABLE? Even if the lighting isnt 100 percent the same the improvement is clear. The patient does still have erythema from fully ablative but the doctor didnt say any follow up with PDL/IPL/BBL was done which is definitely necessary after doing that much ablation 

Look at Dr.H's well thought out replies to the ridiculous people like yourself Miro

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.54.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.54.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.54.34 PM.png

13 hours ago, F1racer said:

My advice would be to think very carefully. This seems to be quite a quick decision that you've made. Yes the Taylor liberator port will be fairly large. You will have a scar afterwards. The complication rate from Nokor was considered to be too high which is why most doctors have swapped out to blunt canula. You can still see the large amount of patients who complain on this forum from haematomas and seromas from blunt canula, so imagine what a much sharper and larger tool is going to do as it crosses half your face to get to your scars. Up to you really but I personally would not. 

And another follow up to this. The port made on me wasnt large at all and didnt even need stitching! it was done in the hair of the sideburn as well to be hidden and heal well due to presence of hair follicles.

And honestly i dont think taylor liberator ends are nearly as sharp as the nokor knife... its sharpness versus bluntness there 

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/17/2020 3:21 am

9 hours ago, aestheticseeker said:

There are 100% some tethering in some individuals that are resilient to breakage with canulas thats all I have to comment on this subject. I have undergone extensive nokor and canula subscisions and had major improvements but some areas proved to be resistant to canulas and we shall see for ourselves what happens in my case.

The tumescent was amazing cause it clearly allowed me and my dr to see which areas werent raising and surely enough those same areas had tethering when trying to go through it with the taylor instrument! In addition the heaping loads of tumescent anesthesia undoubtedly helps prevent retethering imo 

And whats really hilarious is i just visited Dr.H's instagram upon reading your trash talk and he posted this on dec 9th which is apparently 3 weeks post OP

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIidmXagjFb/

ARE YOU GOING TO SERIOUSLY LIE AND SAY THATS LAUGHABLE? Even if the lighting isnt 100 percent the same the improvement is clear. The patient does still have erythema from fully ablative but the doctor didnt say any follow up with PDL/IPL/BBL was done which is definitely necessary after doing that much ablation 

Look at Dr.H's well thought out replies to the ridiculous people like yourself Miro

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.54.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.54.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.54.34 PM.png

And another follow up to this. The port made on me wasnt large at all and didnt even need stitching! it was done in the hair of the sideburn as well to be hidden and heal well due to presence of hair follicles.

And honestly i dont think taylor liberator ends are nearly as sharp as the nokor knife... its sharpness versus bluntness there 

If theres tethering that cannula is not able to break, you switch for that specific zone to something else like nokor which cuts like knife theres no need to switch to screwdriver and absolutely no  need do whole face with TL and why to  do  even scarring that responds to cannula with TL ? ( which is majority ).

So u answered yourself if cannula can break the bonds or tethers or whatever theres absolutly no need for Nokor, not to mention TL. Why to risk something so invasive like TL when other less invasive instrument can do the job ?

F.e. i did subcision few times, first time dr performed it with cannula he had really hard time, he swet , he said its tethered really hard cause some scars were deeper and were there for 20 years untouched, next subcsions were a lot easier to perform, and all the bonds have been always broken with Cannula , why to use TL or Nokor ? 

And TL is one and done is a lie, scars are gonna retheter if you dont use filler no matter what .

And lightining angle and swelling is everything when it comes to acne scars , f.e. in the morning your scars look better due to morning swelling while in the evening they look worse , simple as that. Link that you provided  has different lightning and thats it not even gonna comment on this .

Best proof is that girl on IG that was mentioned here on forums and stopped posting  her progress, yes it looked fantastic after procedure which is always the case, last photo of her face is 2 month after procedure , i am not saying that theres not imrpovement but i d say up to 20 % maybe, scars are there are coming back every day and will be even more prominent after 6 months i can guarantee you that, thats why she stopped posting , one and done procedure failed. Sorry but to do such overkill like TL and full ablative and this is it ? 

I m not saying there cant be improvement with TL or Full ablative , its risky as hell and there are other methods that can deliver similar or better results with significantly less risks / side effects , thats it. And problem is that improvement of acne scars is limited , no matter what u do  cant remove scars so they will be still there, u need to think carefully what u allow your dr to do with your face , nobody wants side effects.

Gl with your treatment, i hope you get improvement u wish, keep us updated, 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/17/2020 5:00 am

1 hour ago, Miro said:

If theres tethering that cannula is not able to break, you switch for that specific zone to something else like nokor which cuts like knife theres no need to switch to screwdriver and absolutely noneed do whole face with TL and why to do even scarringthat responds to cannula with TL ? ( which is majority ).

So u answered yourself if cannula can break the bonds or tethers or whatever theres absolutly no need for Nokor, not to mention TL. Why to risk something so invasive like TL when other less invasive instrument can do the job ?

F.e. i did subcision few times, first time dr performed it with cannula he had really hard time, he swet , he said its tethered really hard cause some scars were deeper and were there for 20 years untouched, next subcsions were a lot easier to perform, and all the bonds have been always broken with Cannula , whyto use TL or Nokor ?

And TL is one and done is a lie, scars are gonna retheter if you dont use filler no matter what .

And lightining angle and swelling is everything when it comes to acne scars , f.e. in the morning your scars look better due to morning swelling while in the evening they look worse , simple as that. Link that you provided has different lightning and thats it not even gonna comment on this .

Best proof is that girl on IG that was mentioned here on forums and stopped posting her progress, yes it looked fantastic after procedure which is always the case, last photo of her face is 2 month after procedure , i am not saying that theres not imrpovement but i d say up to 20 % maybe, scars are there are coming back every day and will be even moreprominent after 6 months i can guarantee you that, thats why she stopped posting , one and done procedure failed. Sorry but to do such overkill like TL and full ablative and this is it ?

I m not saying there cant be improvement with TL or Full ablative , its risky as hell and there are other methods that can deliver similar or better results with significantly less risks / side effects , thats it. And problem is that improvement of acne scars is limited , no matter what u do cant remove scars so they will be still there, u need to think carefully what u allow your dr to do with your face , nobody wants side effects.

Gl with your treatment, i hope you get improvement u wish, keep us updated,

I feel so sorry for the poor girl on Instagram. She was so brave uploading photos and videos of her scarred skin and I was really looking forward to seeing if she'll get any improvement, however small. But she deactivating her account/ deciding not to post is very telling. I think she was naive to trust H and his promises of 60% improvement and now is disappointed and there are trolls who will tell her frankly there's no improvement at all after the swelling subcides. This H is just the most unethical person ever, scamming people out of their money, fully aware thag his treatments are not gonna help but may also cause more damage. Are Lim and Emil complete morons to do the tedious work of subcisions, tca cross treatments etc for many sessions and achieve at best moderate results for their patients if they could charge 5 k and do a quick TL and a few passes of laser and get 60% improvement? No, they are just ethical and caring, trying to do the manual work which studies show gives the best results so far.

And really H treats 450 acne scar people anually and can't show 1 before/ after that shows permanent results 6 months after his treatments? Really?? He takes all his afters 4 weeks after the laser or 3 months after the TL subcision and plays with the light to take good angles and present the scars as improved.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/17/2020 6:41 am

1 hour ago, Sisi90 said:

I feel so sorry for the poor girl on Instagram. She was so brave uploading photos and videos of her scarred skin and I was really looking forward to seeing if she'll get any improvement, however small. But she deactivating her account/ deciding not to post is very telling. I think she was naive to trust H and his promises of 60% improvement and now is disappointed and there are trolls who will tell her frankly there's no improvement at all after the swelling subcides. This H is just the most unethical person ever, scamming people out of their money, fully aware thag his treatments are not gonna help but may also cause more damage. Are Lim and Emil complete morons to do the tedious work of subcisions, tca cross treatments etc for many sessions and achieve at best moderate results for their patients if they could charge 5 k and do a quick TL and a few passes of laser and get 60% improvement? No, they are just ethical and caring, trying to do the manual work which studies show gives the best results so far.

And really H treats 450 acne scar people anually and can't show 1 before/ after that shows permanent results 6 months after his treatments? Really?? He takes all his afters 4 weeks after the laser or 3 months after the TL subcision and plays with the light to take good angles and present the scars as improved.

Well we all got it wrong, even Drs like Lim and Emil , theres no need for all those treatments, take screwdriver run through your face, then burn it with full ablation and its one and done, your scars are gona vuala

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/17/2020 7:11 am

24 minutes ago, Miro said:

Well we all got it wrong, even Drs like Lim and Emil , theres no need for all those treatments, take screwdriver run through your face, then burn it with full ablation and its one and done, your scars are gona vuala

Haha yes, 4weeks post procedure maybe, but not after 6 months or a year.

And did you see how problematic the recovery after the laser was on Instagram? Dryness issues, fungal infections, other infections with inflammation that can cause more scarring, the redness that won't go away for months...not to mention the discomfort not being able to sleep, the pain immediately after. If I learned something from the girl's story is that the procedure and the recovery are absolute hell!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/17/2020 7:31 am

2 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

For 5000 you can have 3 combination treatments with Dr Rullan or Dr Henningsen including cannula subcision, CROSS, laser or energy device and fillers and you can really get some realistic improvement without running the risk of serious problems.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/17/2020 7:54 am

21 minutes ago, BlueMaloney said:

For 5000 you can have 3 combination treatments with Dr Rullan or Dr Henningsen including cannula subcision, CROSS, laser or energy device and fillers and you can really get some realistic improvement without running the risk of serious problems.

Exactly , not to mention we have today Fractional CO2 lasers , Erbium lasers that can give u that " laser " improvement at the end of journey , they have far less side effects then full ablation, and still they have considerable risks, i had fractional CO2 with very conservative settings in my home country as a first treatment, it did nothing for me, and redness lasted 2 months

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/17/2020 9:03 am

1 hour ago, Miro said:

Exactly , not to mention we have today Fractional CO2 lasers , Erbium lasers that can give u that " laser " improvement at the end of journey , they have far less side effects then full ablation, and still they have considerable risks, i had fractional CO2 with very conservative settings in my home country as a first treatment, it did nothing for me, and redness lasted 2 months

What kind of laser did you have? You wouldn't recommend, you say? I'm open to all good suggestions right now - from subcision and tca to fillers and lasers.

1 hour ago, BlueMaloney said:

How much does this combination treatment cost exactly with Dr Emil? Does he do everything inclusive? A package price?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/17/2020 12:29 pm

5 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/17/2020 6:42 pm

10 hours ago, Miro said:

becuase..... you did fractional....

and i also wonder what machine as co2 lasers do definitely vary lol

i got shit results with the fusion mode on co2re but great with ultrapulse

and not to mention the new eco2 thats going even deeper at 2.4mm / 2400 micron compare to the max on scitons profrac 1500 / davin claims 1700 on calibrated machine

13 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

i dont only see 20% improvement and she undeleted it anyways

Still i think her aftercare prob was trash given all the make up she puts on and she probably has very severe mental problems and thats why she deleted in the first place

Me and dr. H are going to be facetiming soon (free of charge!! and im not even getting anything done by him as im in the us) because this guy actually gives a fuck about his clients and is trying to spread good information

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/17/2020 9:55 pm

3 hours ago, aestheticseeker said:

becuase..... you did fractional....

and i also wonder what machine as co2 lasers do definitely vary lol

i got shit results with the fusion mode on co2re but great with ultrapulse

and not to mention the new eco2 thats going even deeper at 2.4mm / 2400 micron compare to the max on scitons profrac 1500 / davin claims 1700 on calibrated machine

i dont only see 20% improvement and she undeleted it anyways

Still i think her aftercare prob was trash given all the make up she puts on and she probably has very severe mental problems and thats why she deleted in the first place

Me and dr. H are going to be facetiming soon (free of charge!! and im not even getting anything done by him as im in the us) because this guy actually gives a fuck about his clients and is trying to spread good information

Sure sure

Even the children understood already that you either work for thisguy or you are himby the obvious heavy advertising for him and the procedures that he's applying.

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/17/2020 9:58 pm

1 minute ago, Sisi90 said:

Sure sure

Even the children understood already that you either work for thisguy or you are himby the obvious heavy advertising for him and the procedures that he's applying.

I want you to PM me so ill show u a vid of my taylor subscision so you can get it in your f*cking head that i have no affiliation to dr.h

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/21/2020 4:27 am

On 12/17/2020 at 3:03 PM, Sisi90 said:

What kind of laser did you have? You wouldn't recommend, you say? I'm open to all good suggestions right now - from subcision and tca to fillers and lasers.

How much does this combination treatment cost exactly with Dr Emil? Does he do everything inclusive? A package price?

People who've seen Dr Rullan say he charges around $1600-1800 for his package treatments. Dr Emil charges less I think.