Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry if it was asked before but who did your subcision and punch excision?

Could not punching the scar wide enough not have good results? Right after I already noticed that the stitching circumference my doc did was smaller then the scar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 1:42 AM, dirigo39 said:

I'm sorry if it was asked before but who did your subcision and punch excision?

Could not punching the scar wide enough not have good results? Right after I already noticed that the stitching circumference my doc did was smaller then the scar. 

subcision was by the laser doctor I went to in march and the punch was a derm who did mors surgery. I'm still not sure if he did a good job because the one on my cheek is very large, worse than before. The other punches seems fine though. It's hard to tell as I have little lumps under them and I don't know if thats artificially propping them up. I'm going to sit and be patient. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

subcision was by the laser doctor I went to in march and the punch was a derm who did mors surgery. I'm still not sure if he did a good job because the one on my cheek is very large, worse than before. The other punches seems fine though. It's hard to tell as I have little lumps under them and I don't know if thats artificially propping them up. I'm going to sit and be patient. 

This is the challenging issue with excision, some scars could immediately turn out fine while other could take time to improve. I would say wait atleast 3 month just to know what happened. It will continue to improve even after that. And some could possibly fail, open, indent etc.

Edited by getsmart121
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 10:44 PM, getsmart121 said:

This is the challenging issue with excision, some scars could immediately turn out fine while other could take time to improve. I would say wait atleast 3 month just to know what happened. It will continue to improve even after that. And some could possibly fail, open, indent etc.

I am trying. Now that I am healed from the laser, I am continuing to use the silicone sheets, with vitamin c in the morning with sunscreen and tarzarc at night. I'll take pictures to update but I'm still swollen from the laser, so there is no real point in doing it now. I will wait perhaps around late december or so to update. Not sure. I still take pictures every other day to see if I see any changes or progress to compare in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want to add the laser I got last week took at least one week to fully recover from. I’m not used to this. I usually recovery in three-five days. This was 7-8 days. I hope the results are better because of the longer downtime. I had to use avene cilcafate cream instead of aquaphor and I barely broke out. So for anyone who struggles with acne post-procedure check that product out. It’s around $32, at least when I got it from my doctors office. 
 

I’m sleeping with silicone sheets on my cheeks every night to see if it can remodel not only my excision scars but my other facial scars too that are older. I’m doing a self experiment. it’s probably going to achieve nothing but I have to try it. Noting the time I start here for myself. There is a lot of mixed evidence on silicone use but generally an accepted practice for scar improvement after a procedure. I’m also eating pretty healthy and having other healthy lifestyle habits. I don’t know, I’d figure I’d say all this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update: 

My left cheek, my worst side. Red arrows are excision scars. Here’s my skin so far. 

162FA56C-E1F0-47CE-88B1-968485033EBB.jpeg

2F65CA19-2AF1-4E08-89F3-9128EDB675EB.jpeg

914E067E-3730-4EAD-BC47-EEB5DC32BC87.jpeg

1612846C-A57F-43A4-8C77-271E714C8666.jpeg

BBCFEA4C-328D-4D2D-9801-AE6F34DAAC20.jpeg

18450A8F-F89E-4C28-AA38-6F80FEAF0928.jpeg

Still my left cheek. This is the excision of when I smile where it seems to show more. This is an update on that. Hopefully it becomes less noticeable. If not, I’m getting it excised again by someone else. We will see. 

B49A6111-4E24-4D99-9205-2BD4A90E8B26.jpeg

1C1F4571-10FF-4497-ADEC-3E55FD93F3FB.jpeg

0AA9BE23-2B71-4D81-90D0-6B09FD438467.jpeg

E9CC5162-8780-4C90-AD6A-BE060B6D1A25.jpeg

Right cheek. This is the one that I used to have a huge boxscar on. It’s now that red dot. This side of my face is better than my left side. I’m content with this excision so far. Crossing fingers that it looks even better months from now. 

63C49626-CE93-40E9-9338-0C4CE323433A.jpeg

AC6C3B55-00B7-4C7C-8EA7-D8BEF8E2128D.jpeg

52D735B3-EF00-4434-8145-58C30C322AF2.jpeg

5F7B7190-A229-461C-B5BB-7F24E6119E77.jpeg

Edited by Dontgiveupitsonlyscars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

Update: 

My left cheek, my worst side. Red arrows are excision scars. Here’s my skin so far. 

162FA56C-E1F0-47CE-88B1-968485033EBB.jpeg

2F65CA19-2AF1-4E08-89F3-9128EDB675EB.jpeg

914E067E-3730-4EAD-BC47-EEB5DC32BC87.jpeg

1612846C-A57F-43A4-8C77-271E714C8666.jpeg

BBCFEA4C-328D-4D2D-9801-AE6F34DAAC20.jpeg

18450A8F-F89E-4C28-AA38-6F80FEAF0928.jpeg

Still my left cheek. This is the excision of when I smile where it seems to show more. This is an update on that. Hopefully it becomes less noticeable. If not, I’m getting it excised again by someone else. We will see. 

B49A6111-4E24-4D99-9205-2BD4A90E8B26.jpeg

1C1F4571-10FF-4497-ADEC-3E55FD93F3FB.jpeg

0AA9BE23-2B71-4D81-90D0-6B09FD438467.jpeg

E9CC5162-8780-4C90-AD6A-BE060B6D1A25.jpeg

Right cheek. This is the one that I used to have a huge boxscar on. It’s now that red dot. This side of my face is better than my left side. I’m content with this excision so far. Crossing fingers that it looks even better months from now. 

63C49626-CE93-40E9-9338-0C4CE323433A.jpeg

AC6C3B55-00B7-4C7C-8EA7-D8BEF8E2128D.jpeg

52D735B3-EF00-4434-8145-58C30C322AF2.jpeg

5F7B7190-A229-461C-B5BB-7F24E6119E77.jpeg

Good i see the depression from the excision looks more flatter now after subcsion. But I believe its still healing so we are going in the right direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

when you smile it looks better? I'm confused. 

One of her scars got indented after excision and she was able to show that indentation by smiling. When she now smiles it doesn’t look indented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You'll still need some lasers or dermabrasion to smooth 

On 12/17/2021 at 1:05 AM, getsmart121 said:

One of her scars got indented after excision and she was able to show that indentation by smiling. When she now smiles it doesn’t look indented.

 

so what's the key to having punch excision work? I had one done and mine looked the same. 

I think the excision needs to be a little bigger than the scar itself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, dirigo39 said:

You'll still need some lasers or dermabrasion to smooth 

 

so what's the key to having punch excision work? I had one done and mine looked the same. 

I think the excision needs to be a little bigger than the scar itself. 

This true the scar should be covered by the excision. Again depends on what scar u excise. The punch biopsy tool is best in m opinion because it replicates real life cut but just with tissue loss. But u have to reserve for the deep scars like icepick or a little larger  icepick scars in terms of diameter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

This true the scar should be covered by the excision. Again depends on what scar u excise. The punch biopsy tool is best in m opinion because it replicates real life cut but just with tissue loss. But u have to reserve for the deep scars like icepick or a little larger  icepick scars in terms of diameter.

WHO in the US can do this? I was thinking of going to the Canadian doc a poster went to. Montreal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, dirigo39 said:

WHO in the US can do this? I was thinking of going to the Canadian doc a poster went to. Montreal 

Most derms do punch biopsy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

I saw Dr. mascaro. We agreed on getting scars excised by him around March on my left cheek including my failed excision scar when i smile and then pixel laser at his office. 

I feel pretty content at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Are you sure you want to do excision again. The scar doesn’t look bad to me but not sure maybe you seeing it worse.

With him, yes. It's a larger portion of skin this time. It's the scars beside my dimple-like scar on the same cheek. Kind of like the mid-center of my left cheek. The excision would be the size of a small leaf? Obviously not to scale but to give you the picture of the shape of the excision and how wide it will be. Idk. I will update much more about it as it gets closer to the excision date. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long are you planning on doing the Silicone sheets? I experimented a bit with an older raised scar and haven't seen noticeable results from the sheets with a few weeks(/month?) of application.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, orangez said:

How long are you planning on doing the Silicone sheets? I experimented a bit with an older raised scar and haven't seen noticeable results from the sheets with a few weeks(/month?) of application.

Good question, I'm still using them every night. I noticed they make my skin red at the area. I generally think they are harmless to use but I'm not completely sure how effective they are. I'm not at my three month post excision yet. It's been about two months, I think. I got the excisions October 28th.

1) October 28th-Nov 28, 2) Nov 28-Dec 28th, 3) dec 28-jan 28. By January 28th, it should be three full months. I am getting the one that when I smiled re-excised. Something about how the punch took out tissue from the muscle and thus causing the dimple-like pull on the excision. I hope the re-excision improves it. All the other excisions seem perfectly fine and I am over the moon with them generally. The large box scar that sparked this entire excision escapade is almost non-existent. I would consider it a success. As a result, I plan to get a few more excisions on my other scars after the major around March.  So around like the summer time, I plan to excise other troublesome scars either by Mascaro or another new doctor. I could go back to the doctor who did the excisions prior but since the dimple-like scar has developed, I am doubting his expertise. I will probably still use the silicone sheets because I can't risk not too, just in case. I feel comfortable with it. 

Edited by Dontgiveupitsonlyscars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

Good question, I'm still using them every night. I noticed they make my skin red at the area. I generally think they are harmless to use but I'm not completely sure how effective they are. I'm not at my three month post excision yet. It's been about two months, I think. I got the excisions October 28th.

1) October 28th-Nov 28, 2) Nov 28-Dec 28th, 3) dec 28-jan 28. By January 28th, it should be three full months. I am getting the one that when I smiled re-excised. Something about how the punch took out tissue from the muscle and thus causing the dimple-like pull on the excision. I hope the re-excision improves it. All the other excisions seem perfectly fine and I am over the moon with them generally. The large box scar that sparked this entire excision escapade is almost non-existent. I would consider it a success. As a result, I plan to get a few more excisions on my other scars after the major around March.  So around like the summer time, I plan to excise other troublesome scars either by Mascaro or another new doctor. I could go back to the doctor who did the excisions prior but since the dimple-like scar has developed, I am doubting his expertise. I will probably still use the silicone sheets because I can't risk not too, just in case. I feel comfortable with it. 

Yes excision really changes tightens in the first 3 months. Small excision you can see immediate improvement. Moderate excision might give tiny indents but improves over time. Ofcourse you need to laser after excision to help smoothen. For one of the bad scar you mentioned I think it looks better from subcision  and maybe it only needs filler now. But it’s your call if you weighed the risks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×