Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
autumn18

How bad are these oils anyway?

I've been reading through the boards lately and I've heard people say that mineral oil, seed oil, cocoa butter, corn oil, caster oil and whatnot is bad for the skin and causes most people oil and breakouts so if they've tried products with it they discontinue use or return it.

But also lots of people are saying how much they love Dove products and how it's greatly improved the condition of their skin (oil, acne, overall feel and texture). Products such as Dove Essentail Nutrients Night Cream and Dove Essential Nutrients Non-foaming Cleanser Lotion for Sensitive Skin etc., etc. are getting really great reviews not only here on the message boards, but on drugstore.com too.

Most of these Dove Products and others also contain mineral oil and some of the others ingredients listed above...so why is it that these oils are troublesome enough for people to return other products with these oils in them, but continue to use and love Dove products...I guess I'm just confused. If anyone can clear up confusion that would be awesome, considering I just went out and stocked up on Dove products because it's winter and flakies are kicking my butt.

Do you continue to use products with these ingredients in the regimen?

Everything I have tried with oils in it has broken me out again. So, I "just say no"!! I am sure everyone's skin is just different, and what works for one doesn't work for all...

Not all oils will break you out... for example there are essential oils that are really more astringent in nature than "oily"... One example of such an oil is Tea Tree oil.

True! I use olive oil to help remove makeup, too. But then I wash my face with Basis Soap after that...