Notifications
Clear all

hematoma after suction

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 12/06/2020 1:33 am

Hi All,

I had subcision and Fraxel restore 4 days ago and I've started suction today. I used the Chinese cupping and pumped 2-3 times and hold 3 secs for each area.

Immediately after the suction, I see the suctioned area becomes red (seems like hematoma, but flat). Therefore, I was wondering should I keep suction the next day or wait until the hematoma is gone?

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 12/07/2020 1:09 am

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 12/07/2020 1:25 pm

Is it raised and warm to touch? If so it is probably hematoma. I would stop suctioning and start messaging the bumps. You may need to go back to the doctor and request something like prednisone if it doesn't disappear.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/07/2020 3:26 pm

On 12/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, Jack817 said:

Hi All,

I had subcision and Fraxel restore 4 days ago and I've started suction today. I used the Chinese cupping and pumped 2-3 times and hold 3 secs for each area.

Immediately after the suction, I see the suctioned area becomes red (seems like hematoma, but flat). Therefore, I was wondering should I keep suction the next day or wait until the hematoma is gone?

It's just a pool of blood underneath the skin, It'll go away in about 4 days. You can massage it or apply heat to facilitate blow flow. Next time, don't leave the cup on more than a few seconds. Even better, move the cup around as you suction.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 12/07/2020 5:48 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's just a pool of blood underneath the skin, It'll go away in about 4 days. You can massage it or apply heat to facilitate blow flow. Next time, don't leave the cup on more than a few seconds. Even better, move the cup around as you suction.

Thanks for the reply! Can I still suction before it heals?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/07/2020 6:52 pm

50 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Thanks for the reply! Can I still suction before it heals?

It's best to allow the bruise to heal before you start again.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 12/07/2020 8:13 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's best to allow the bruise to heal before you start again.

I see. I will wait for a few days and re-start suction then. Thanks