Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack817

hematoma after suction

Hi All,

I had subcision and Fraxel restore 4 days ago and I've started suction today. I used the Chinese cupping and pumped 2-3 times and hold 3 secs for each area. 

Immediately after the suction, I see the suctioned area becomes red (seems like hematoma, but flat). Therefore, I was wondering should I keep suction the next day or wait until the hematoma is gone? 

Edited by Jack817

Is it raised and warm to touch?  If so it is probably hematoma.  I would stop suctioning and start messaging the bumps.  You may need to go back to the doctor and request something like prednisone if it doesn't disappear.   

On 12/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, Jack817 said:

Hi All,

I had subcision and Fraxel restore 4 days ago and I've started suction today. I used the Chinese cupping and pumped 2-3 times and hold 3 secs for each area. 

Immediately after the suction, I see the suctioned area becomes red (seems like hematoma, but flat). Therefore, I was wondering should I keep suction the next day or wait until the hematoma is gone? 

It's just a pool of blood underneath the skin, It'll go away in about 4 days. You can massage it or apply heat to facilitate blow flow. Next time, don't leave the cup on more than a few seconds. Even better, move the cup around as you suction.

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's just a pool of blood underneath the skin, It'll go away in about 4 days. You can massage it or apply heat to facilitate blow flow. Next time, don't leave the cup on more than a few seconds. Even better, move the cup around as you suction.

Thanks for the reply! Can I still suction before it heals? 

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's best to allow the bruise to heal before you start again.

I see. I will wait for a few days and re-start suction then. Thanks