Notifications
Clear all

My scar progress with Dr Weiner

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/04/2020 10:16 pm

Just wanted to show my progress made in one year. I started last December with Dr Weiner and this is a before and after of only three treatments. These last pictures were taken right before my fourth and I plan on going at least once more. Each time we did subscion, tca, rf microneedling. This last visit we added filler in my right cheek (not pictured) 

D5AFAC83-CB25-441F-8FF2-BB36ED6C416B.jpeg

9BAC071D-4802-4FF1-93E4-5809AED5CCC4.jpeg

Kay24 and facial liked
MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 12/04/2020 11:04 pm

Did you do your treatments once every three months?

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/05/2020 5:18 am

Yes about that, but the last one was a little bit longer because of Covid, about five months

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/05/2020 8:21 am

Hello, how do u like your progress ? are u satisfied with your treatment so far ? And what improvement in % u think u got ?

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/05/2020 9:30 am

Well Im leaving that up to everyone to decide based on these photos but yes I have definitely seen dramatic improvement. I still will have to probably have laser work in the future though

MemberMember
(@ccardisnet-net)

Posted : 12/05/2020 12:32 pm

Im also planning on seeing him for the same treatments. You mentioned he added filler for the last treatment but thats not pictured. How do you feel about the filler? (Improvement? What type of filler?).

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/06/2020 12:42 pm

Ill try and post a recent photo of it, but if you have atrophic scarring especially you will need filler, dr. Weiner will tell you what kind he thinks you need everyone is different. I cant remember what I have. Yes absolutely much better with it because I literally had chunks of fat missing because of the scars.Obviously your body cannot replace that so I needed it badly. Unfortunately that will be something I will have to maintain the rest of my life

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/07/2020 10:32 am

Hi. You might want to upload photos under the same lighting because otherwise it is difficult to judge. On the after photos your scars look shallower and better even though the lighting is worse. Looking forward to the photos with the filler. How often do you have to "top it up"?

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/08/2020 9:00 pm

Not sure exactly but probably every two years or so. Taking my own photos is harder to do since these were taken at drs office, but Ill try to get some new ones

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 12/09/2020 7:19 pm

That's a dramatic improvement. I would do more subcisions and then microneedle for texture. Also, use retin-A if you aren't already. It speeds up healing and collagen production.

Kia575 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/10/2020 12:44 pm

On 12/9/2020 at 3:00 AM, Kia575 said:

Not sure exactly but probably every two years or so. Taking my own photos is harder to do since these were taken at drs office, but Ill try to get some new ones

If it's not much of a problem for you. It's really interesting to see what the improvement with filler will look like. I like you have atrophic scars and like you I thinkwhat would help the most will be some kind of filler to fill up the dents.

Just now, Sisi90 said:

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/10/2020 2:02 pm

I will soon! Atrophic scarring will always benefit from filler, it literally replaces the missing fat in your face that the scarring permanently took away from you

18 hours ago, Nick Corona said:

That's a dramatic improvement. I would do more subcisions and then microneedle for texture. Also, use retin-A if you aren't already. It speeds up healing and collagen production.

Thank you ! Yes I plan on probably doing one more of these and then possibly moving on to laser work. And yes retinol is a must

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/11/2020 1:05 pm

10 hours ago, aestheticseeker said:

IMO the improvement you got from canula is laughable at best.

FIND SOMEONE WHO DOES TAYLOR LIBERATOR and dont let anyone on this forum tell you its not safe or canula is just as good... THEY HAVENT TRIED IT THEMSELVES

Laughable? My skin has come a long way from where its been, Im not sure comments like these are helping anyone. And why should we take your advice about Taylor?

HellishDuffel, squeezeMcQueen, Un8920 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/11/2020 2:11 pm

1 hour ago, Kia575 said:

Laughable? My skin has come a long way from where its been, Im not sure comments like these are helping anyone. And why should we take your advice about Taylor?

great example of improvements from taylor liberator would be acnescarskin on IG and many other before and afters you can find on the internet. Sorry for being harsh but go get yourself some taylor and at least 4 syringes of HA ( 2 on each side)if you wanna see some major lifting for your deep volume loss

Just look at videos where they put 1ml filler on a tablespoon. It is really not that much.

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/11/2020 2:54 pm

41 minutes ago, aestheticseeker said:

great example of improvements from taylor liberator would be acnescarskin on IG and many other before and afters you can find on the internet. Sorry for being harsh but go get yourself some taylor and at least 4 syringes of HA ( 2 on each side)if you wanna see some major lifting for your deep volume loss

Just look at videos where they put 1ml filler on a tablespoon. It is really not that much.

I do follow her on IG but we cannot go by her results anytime soon she is still swollen and probably will be for many months. Taylor might be a last ditch resort for somebody not the first option in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 12/11/2020 3:54 pm

@aesthetcseeker, I understand you want to help but please be kind. We are all vulnerable about our healing journeys and we just need constructive suggestions.

1 hour ago, Kia575 said:

I do follow her on IG but we cannot go by her results anytime soon she is still swollen and probably will be for many months. Taylor might be a last ditch resort for somebody not the first option in my opinion.

Yes, you are right, She is pretty swollen at the minute and she is not actively posting anymore (probably because of trolls). Please only do procedures that are medically safe and that make you feel better about yourself! All the best for the rest of your healing journey..you have come a long way!

MemberMember
(@facial)

Posted : 12/11/2020 4:51 pm

14 hours ago, aestheticseeker said:

IMO the improvement you got from canula is laughable at best.

FIND SOMEONE WHO DOES TAYLOR LIBERATOR and dont let anyone on this forum tell you its not safe or canula is just as good... THEY HAVENT TRIED IT THEMSELVES

There's a way to convey your opinion without being rude and condescending. Why do you want to laugh at others progress?

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/11/2020 7:27 pm

2 hours ago, scarryface said:

There's a way to convey your opinion without being rude and condescending. Why do you want to laugh at others progress?

sorry but i dont think anyone on this forum should be lying to themselves thinking they got improvements because i too have been there. I wasted about 10-15k on bs treatments that did little to nothing till i found doctors willing to be aggressive asf because I am able to handle large amounts of downtime, discomfort etc.for example:I have had full field 500 micron resurfacing.... my face felt like IT WAS ON FIRE for 5 days and even now its still red asf but guess what i see that crazy texture improvement and the erythema could linger for awhile but it will infact go away with time, bomb skincare and IPL/BBL,nd:yag treatments.

People on here are coming at me thinking im a doctor myself just because of my familiarity and usetechnical terms but thats just because i have done research, read studies on end and have literally done it all when it comes to treatments.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES so I can save you from the mistakes i made spending loads of money and getting mediocre improvements.

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/11/2020 8:43 pm

1 hour ago, aestheticseeker said:

sorry but i dont think anyone on this forum should be lying to themselves thinking they got improvements because i too have been there. I wasted about 10-15k on bs treatments that did little to nothing till i found doctors willing to be aggressive asf because I am able to handle large amounts of downtime, discomfort etc.for example:I have had full field 500 micron resurfacing.... my face felt like IT WAS ON FIRE for 5 days and even now its still red asf but guess what i see that crazy texture improvement and the erythema could linger for awhile but it will infact go away with time, bomb skincare and IPL/BBL,nd:yag treatments.

People on here are coming at me thinking im a doctor myself just because of my familiarity and usetechnical terms but thats just because i have done research, read studies on end and have literally done it all when it comes to treatments.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES so I can save you from the mistakes i made spending loads of money and getting mediocre improvements.

So which doctors have you seen? I have done the research and I am more than willing to listen to what anybody has to say, what procedures have you had? Im not afraid to go do the hard work if I have to, I know my skin is far from where it could be but this is literally year one of procedures, thats it and I think its still pretty good improvement so far

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/11/2020 9:03 pm

19 minutes ago, Kia575 said:

So which doctors have you seen? I have done the research and I am more than willing to listen to what anybody has to say, what procedures have you had? Im not afraid to go do the hard work if I have to, I know my skin is far from where it could be but this is literally year one of procedures, thats it and I think its still pretty good improvement so far

I really would prefer not to advertise doctors names on this forum... But i am telling you specific treatment methods for you to narrow down doctors

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/11/2020 10:05 pm

58 minutes ago, aestheticseeker said:

I really would prefer not to advertise doctors names on this forum... But i am telling you specific treatment methods for you to narrow down doctors

Ok methods are great but you need to go to drs who know how to do the treatments correctly, otherwise you might as well not bother. Can you message me instead? Im really interested in what you have to say, just trying to understand your point of view

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/12/2020 2:24 am

6 hours ago, aestheticseeker said:

Well its all great to hear and everything, but truth to be told, i checked a lot of videos online especially on youtube and also lots of befores afters and i have never ever seen great improvement from laser, but as i said before everybody is welcomed to change my opinion with evidence they provide, not just words, befores afters same lightining and angle at least 3-4 motnhs after the treatment, idealy 6 months .

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/12/2020 8:18 am

5 hours ago, Miro said:

Well its all great to hear and everything, but truth to be told, i checked a lot of videos online especially on youtube and also lots of befores afters and i have never ever seen great improvement from laser, but as i said before everybody is welcomed to change my opinion with evidence they provide, not just words, befores afters same lightining and angle at least 3-4 motnhs after the treatment, idealy 6 months .

Why would davin lim use erbium and co2 so much if it was trash? Look at the huge dramatic makeovers on old wrinkled woman done with full field resurfacing.... You dont think such a modality will improve the texture of scars if its capable of literally erasing wrinkles?

The reason why most people dont get huge improvements from laser is this:

1) Many of us with acne scars are darker skin tones and doctors are literally scared to blast us with ABLATIVE laser. You need to lighten your skin and find a doctor thats willing to do it on you and accept the risk of PIH. Even davin lim has said this himself...

2) aftercare is everything... Tensage ampules, Skinceuticals epidermal repair, aquaphor 24/7, RED LED therapy every day, vitamin D and zinc pills...Too many people neglect this fact

MemberMember
(@rachelm575yahoo-com)

Posted : 12/12/2020 9:27 am

1 hour ago, aestheticseeker said:

Why would davin lim use erbium and co2 so much if it was trash? Look at the huge dramatic makeovers on old wrinkled woman done with full field resurfacing.... You dont think such a modality will improve the texture of scars if its capable of literally erasing wrinkles?

1) Many of us with acne scars are darker skin tones and doctors are literally scared to blast us with ABLATIVE laser. You need to lighten your skin and find a doctor thats willing to do it on you and accept the risk of PIH. Even davin lim has said this himself...

2) aftercare is everything... Tensage ampules, Skinceuticals epidermal repair, aquaphor 24/7, RED LED therapy every day, vitamin D and zinc pills...Too many people neglect this fact

I think they are just afraid of complications in general when you blast somebodys face with laser you just never know what youre going to get, I am willing to try RF micro needling,sub sand TCA one more time and then move onto the harder laser work. Dr. Lim has also said that lasers will not treat deep acne scars which I definitely have which is another reason I am doing RF first.

By the way where are your before and after pics? If you got such great results from Taylor and laser can you show us?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 12/12/2020 11:20 am

3 hours ago, aestheticseeker said:

I am not talking about wrinkles or some superfcial scars, i am talking about acne scaring medium - deep, and laser simply doesnt work for em thats the reason not aftercare , and as for davin lim, i saw some of his videos and pics befores afters, he likes to play with lightning and angle a lot.