Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

So, you SHOULDNT do a TCA CROSS at home?

i was thinking about doing a tca peel on christmas break by myself..i dont have major scaring but alot of tiny ones that i want to improve......i was thinking about buying the kit (where can i buy the kits from anyway?) and doing it myself at home.....i mean all youre doing is sticking a toothpick in the scars right?

is this advised or should i only do this with a professional?

TCA CROSS is a different procedure than TCA Peel. The same chemical is used but they are entirely different. I strongly suggest that you research both procedures before doing either on yourself. Unfortunately these procedures can burn your skin and cause further scarring if you are not educated. I would suggest you see a professional unless you have done ample research.

Tamara,

I agree with you and most of your advise is right on the mark.

But, research alone isn't enough to prevent complications.

Experience is more important. Thats why I suggest you see a professional for any peel that is deep enough to help scarring.

Most peels, including regular TCA peels do little to nothing for acne scars. These peels were designed for skin tone and hyperpigmentation.

The TCA cross technique is a little different, but still requires experience to get it to work. Just because someone on this forum tried it once and noticed an improvement is no reason to try this at home.

Don't experiment with your face, its the only one you got.

Be patient, educate yourself, and don't expect miracles.... no matter what anyone tells you. Trust me, I have a lot of experience in these matters.

O.K., I'm off my soap box now.

I agree that research alone isn't enough to prevent complications and that it would be most ideal to have it done by a Professional.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I did OK with my 25% then bumped up to 50% went overzealous with it and a couple may end up being much worse (scabs got scratched and exposed bloody raw skin underneath), hopefully not permanent. This is from somebody who has done the CROSS 3-4 times.

thanks for the input...i think i will see a professional about this

does anyone know a dr in CHICAGO who performs the tca cross procedure?

I went to a doctor for 2 Crosses and just noticed today that one of the scars she Crossed very aggressively is now all hypopigmented. It looks like a round white spot 1/8 inch diameter. Great. javascript:emoticon(':evil:') I don't even think it was a bad scar to begin with (just a scarred pore). I remember when she did this (several months ago) that this area stayed frosted around the scar for 2 days. She just put too much on.

Be careful with this procedure.