Notifications
Clear all

Scars After acne

MemberMember
(@dr-gospodingorilla)

Posted : 11/24/2020 10:24 am

@Sirius Lee hi, could you tell me how to remove the scars as quickly as possible?

22E78DA9-7CF7-466C-98E3-015FE08F0F2A.jpeg

B7BFF792-C7A0-401B-B1A2-E8BEC9C2C387.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/24/2020 3:58 pm

If you have active acne, you need to bring that under control first. I suggest either Retin-A or low-dose Accutane.

You have a combination of boxcar and rolling scars. You also show a sign of fat loss (depression). My approach to scar revision is relatively simple. First and foremost, get rid of the scar edges. The reason is your scars are greatlymagnified when the light bounces off these edges. Smooth them down and, not surprisingly, your scars will look much better. No more edges, no more reflections. The best way to achieve this is via chemical peel. I recommendTCA.

Now with less noticeable edge, the scar will resemble that of a rolling scar (undulation). At this point, you can move to other available treatments to beef up your collagen to fill any visible depression. For example, RF microneedling + Filler will helpmake collagen of your own.

If you want to fix "as soon as possible", this advice won't be of much help because it will take at least 2 years, if not longer.

Nikitious liked
MemberMember
(@dr-gospodingorilla)

Posted : 11/24/2020 4:24 pm

22 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

If you have active acne, you need to bring that under control first. I suggest either Retin-A or low-dose Accutane.

You have a combination of boxcar and rolling scars. You also show a sign of fat loss (depression). My approach to scar revision is relatively simple. First and foremost, get rid of the scar edges. The reason is your scars are greatlymagnified when the light bounces off these edges. Smooth them down and, not surprisingly, your scars will look much better. No more edges, no more reflections. The best way to achieve this is via chemical peel. I recommendTCA.

Now with less noticeable edge, the scar will resemble that of a rolling scar (undulation). At this point, you can move to other available treatments to beef up your collagen to fill any visible depression. For example, RF microneedling + Filler will helpmake collagen of your own.

If you want to fix "as soon as possible", this advice won't be of much help because it will take at least 2 years, if not longer.

Thanks you! and what concentration of TCA to choose? Active rash on the chin because of the mask, she scratches my face. Acneccutane caused me an autoimmune disease, psoriatic arthritis, so I will not use it anymore. And you rightly noticed that I am losing weight, I switched to a vegan diet in order to cleanse all the side effects of acneccutane and try to regain a healthy body.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/24/2020 4:33 pm

6 minutes ago, Nikitious said:

what concentration of TCA to choose?

Anywhere from 50% to 100%, depending on the depth and how pronounced the edge is.

Go find a qualified dermatologist.

Ishayat and Nikitious liked
MemberMember
(@dr-gospodingorilla)

Posted : 11/24/2020 4:36 pm

2 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Anywhere from 50% to 100%, depending on the depth and how pronounced the edge is.

Go find a qualified dermatologist.

Thanks you !