Notifications
Clear all

Do dilated pores on the cheeks require oblique punch excisions?

MemberMember
(@secretstarsupgmail-com)

Posted : 11/23/2020 1:35 pm

I briefly read a RealSelf discussion that punch excisions for dilated pores can be tricky and might require multiple sessions or may not be fully successful in one go as the pores are not straight perpendicular to our cheek surface but are actually tilted.

I plan on getting my 3-4mm deep and wide dilated pore punched out here in India. I am, however, afraid that some of the docs will not know the correct technique to deal with dilated pores specifically. I'd expect Jason Emer to have more knowledge but travelling to the US for this is just impossible.

Soplease do tell me if a regular cosmetic PS/ dermatologist will be qualified to perform an excision of a dilated pore and if the procedure will be the same or not.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@facial)

Posted : 11/23/2020 2:58 pm

TCA cross may work as well. I've a similar issue and some derms recommended TCA.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/23/2020 4:48 pm

3 hours ago, terribleesteem said:

I briefly read a RealSelf discussion that punch excisions for dilated pores can be tricky and might require multiple sessions or may not be fully successful in one go as the pores are not straight perpendicular to our cheek surface but are actually tilted.

I plan on getting my 3-4mm deep and wide dilated pore punched out here in India. I am, however, afraid that some of the docs will not know the correct technique to deal with dilated pores specifically. I'd expect Jason Emer to have more knowledge but travelling to the US for this is just impossible.

Soplease do tell me if a regular cosmetic PS/ dermatologist will be qualified to perform an excision of a dilated pore and if the procedure will be the same or not.

Thanks!

The process is not that difficult. How hard could it be to punch a hole and suture it afterward?

But it can leave you with another potential scar and there could also be a problem with color mismatch, etc.

If it bugs you that much, both physically and psychologically,I say go for it.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/24/2020 4:47 am

13 hours ago, scarryface said:

TCA cross may work as well. I've a similar issue and some derms recommended TCA.

I tried it. However, the derm managed to make an even bigger hole because a good bit of the toothpick applicator was dipped in the acid. SO while trying to put the acid on the base of the scar, she managed to spoil the surrounding healthy skin. So I really do not want to continue with TCA.

11 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

The process is not that difficult. How hard could it be to punch a hole and suture it afterward?

But it can leave you with another potential scar and there could also be a problem with color mismatch, etc.

If it bugs you that much, both physically and psychologically,I say go for it.

Hopefully, it will fade enough into a fine linear scar. The present hole would be worse than a surface linear scar I feel.

MemberMember

Posted : 12/04/2020 3:36 am

On 11/24/2020 at 12:05 AM, terribleesteem said:

So please do tell me if a regular cosmetic PS/ dermatologist will be qualified to perform an excision of a dilated pore and if the procedure will be the same or not.

Thanks!

I am talking about these complications. Phew, I just wish this could be a little easier.

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 1.47.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 1.49.48 PM.png

MemberMember
(@teenageboy2003)

Posted : 02/26/2022 9:07 am

Iam also from India.Btw did you do the treatment? How is your skin now?