Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was up last night watching tv and came across an infomercial for Murad's Acne Complex (www.acnecomplex.com) where they said that acne is caused by 5 separate factors, and bacteria is only 20% of that. They have solution for all 5 factors and use no benzoyl peroxide because this Murad guy believes that while BP kills bacteria it causes more breakouts because of its irritation to the skin. I just wanted to know if any of you have tried acne complex or if any of you have heard of anyone to try. Supposedly the success rate is 90%. The regimen has gotten me better, but not quite as clear as id hoped........What do you guys think?

Guest TylerD

I dont know about those products. From my personal experience. I just know that bp has been the only thing to really clear me up better then anything els. If those products dont have bp or salicyclic acid im not too sure how good it would work.

been there. done that...it smells and stings really bad. main ingredient is zinc. i tried it for about five weeks and initial breakout was really bad. funny thing is, once i stopped using it, some of my acne cleared up. it's just too harsh...the regime is much gentler and effective, in my experpience...

what about Exposed? have any of you heard or tried it? Ive checked through some sites and they have it rated pretty high

- just seeing whats out there

agreed with lame. Murad is bad. Its 3 steps like Proactiv, and the 2nd step which is sacylic acid burns like crazy, it kept my face red for days. Dont bother with this, I felt Proactiv worked better, but neither did good results for me, and the regimen didnt do anything either. Thats why I am on accutane.

the only product I liked in the Murad treatment is their clay mask; but it comes in a very small tube, and is very expensive.

the only product I liked in the Murad treatment is their clay mask; but it comes in a very small tube, and is very expensive.

yeah, i like the moisturizer too...it smelled like coconut. but like teplo said, you can always get cheaper, bigger stuff that works just as good...

never tried 'exposed'...they're always coming out with new stuff anyways...

Murad was really irratating to my skin. The first month I used it, it did clear me up a bit only but caused my skin to feel burn and red all the time. And after I used it for the next month, it didn't work at all, and caused me to break out more than ever. It's expensive and not worth it. I would stick to the reigmen.

How long can they claim a system is "new"? I used this thing (Murad) like six years ago. I got no results, unfortunately.

I used Murad awhile back with no results . It made my breakouts worse and i got a rash. Not good for me at all. I m going to really try the regimine, i do it though then i slack. I m afraid though because people way younger than me(Im 36) used the regimine and have gotten wrinkles. not good at all.

I used Murad for about 4 months a year ago. I did not like it at all but it was better than the OTC products.....ingredient wise. But this stuff is crazy. My VERY mild acne suddenly transformed into moderate acne. I would get these BIG CYSTS i would never get before. It was bad. But Murad did clear up my scars but then again....I breakout again and there's a red mark....and etc. Don't use it. Not worth the money....

Bought this product from the infomercial. It looked so tempting and when i got the profuct it BURNED my face off. On my 3rd week no results whatsoever just the purging process where pimples are coming out everywhere!!

Will try this for 2-3 months if nothing i'll try eXposed heard good things about it!!

MURAD SUCKS ASS. I tried it and OMG my face BURNS like no other. I can't even describe to you how bad it burned. Lets just say that I have NEVER felt pain that bad on my face before. I can't believe I actually stuck to the treatment for a month. Sigh, the distance you will go to try and have a clear face. So sad.

yea...luckily I was smart and tried samples of stupid murad from sephora...before i wasted money on it! IT IS CRAP! It made me break out really bad. I did an experiement and washed 1/2 my face w it and on other half used dermalogica plus BP and the murad side got HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While the dermologica side improved greatly! I am getting clearer...slowly but surely

what about Exposed? have any of you heard or tried it? Ive checked through some sites and they have it rated pretty high

- just seeing whats out there

I used Murad and to be honest with you...although no one seems to agree I think it helped my skin..but I still have zits...( I HATE THAT WORD!) The second step only stings if I have open cuts or i have been picking. :naughty: But I do think it helped..but i want NO ACNE..not just better...I suffer and yes I do mean SUFFER from mild to moderate acne....no cysts or anything..but I think I honestly might try accutane. I want something that really works. for good works. Besides...I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE how BP bleaches everything it touches...my hand towels..bath towels..t shirts...pillowcases...its so embarassing! its like..yea i have acne and I put something so harsh on my skin that it bleaches the pigment out of fabric!!!

Let me know what ya'al think. I love this god damn website!

ERS

I have been using Murad for 7 years and the results are 50-50. You are probaly wondering why I have used it for so long, well I found Murad afte using 1)Differin Gel, which burned my face and caused huge bleeding cysts to pop up all over where I had no acne ever before 2)Proactiv for the 2nd time, which burned my face, caused huge pimples and caused my face to peel 3)Egg masks, which purged but never cleared my face. It was the only thing that worked for me.

Murad at that point was a relief and cleared the acne and all that crap, BUT it did not completely last. My face after a few months still had clogged pores, I still got mild breakouts and there was no exfoliation or SPF in the system so dull skin was a problem. The cleanser used to be great because if I had any pimples they would be reduced after using it, but that stopped. So I found myself trying to customize the regimen for years because anytime I stopped using it my acne went from mild to the worst with cysts so I had no choice.

Recently, I have found a better cleanser and I don't use the moisturizer either. I use a facial brush when I clease, I still use the Murad SA treatment gel, then I use Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula and a good emolient Nighttime moisturizer. I am very clear after only a month with no new pimples.

I did not like the Murad Acne Complex system as a whole. It is not that effective without other added products, but if you want it than you should get it on ebay. It is at least $20 cheaper there for a brand new kit.

I haven't actually tried the Murad acne complex, but have read a lot about it on this board ... it sounds like the products are extremely strong formulations and people are actually burning their skin. So if you do decide to use it, I advise going very slowly, using minimal amounts, taking days off between usage, etc.

Here are some Murad products I really like and have used successfully for about six months now. The first 3 contain salicylic acid as the active ingredient; they are effective but gentle.

-- Clarifying Cleanser

-- Anti-aging Acne Treatment

-- Moisturizing Acne Treatment Gel

-- Skin Perfecting Lotion (if you need more moisture)

-- Oil Free Sunblock SPF 15 Sheer Tint

That being said, I wasn't able to get at the root of my skin problems with the Murad products. I now use some of them in combination with Green Cream, which is a high-retinol OTC product, and topical vitamin A, and this seems to be working for me.

Q

I tried Murad a while back. Worst system ever. The cleanser made my eyes and lips swell up (from rinsing I suppose). My skin became red and swollen. I didn't actually peel or dry out I was just very red. I did purge a little, nothing too bad though. I sent it back and they never gave me a refund like they said they would....damn...

It's crap for the how much it costs. The formulas suck. I don't even get how they can say that the Acne Treatment Gel is moisturizing. It's an alcohol based gel. Yup, good old SD-Alcohol, which is irritating and drying as hell. I actually think that this was far worse than Dan's Regimen.

I did kinda like the moisturizer. It had no SPF though. They reccomend that you buy their stupid SPF lotion for like almost 30$.

First of all the only way to find out if a product works for you is to try it. Everyone's skin is different and while some people may have a bad reaction to it doesn't mean it won't work for you.

I used Murad for the 4 months recommended. It didn't seem to do anything for me at first and then it really started to dry me out. At the end of my 4 months my skin was really red and flakey and dry. It was painful but I sent it all back and got a refund. From what I've read on the Murad message board the gel seems to be the culprit for the overdrying.

It didn't work for me but there are people out there that it works for. There are results and stories from real people on their message board at murad.com. Their customer service is very helpful and knowledgeable about their products and they can help you over there decide on what may be best for you to try.

Like I said you'll never know if it works for you unless you try.

Murad was horrible! I can't believe I kept putting that crap on my skin! Like a starving rat pressing a bar in hopes to get food....I kept trying that stupid product day after day...finally I got smart and threw it in the trash where it belonged! (Did that with Proactiv too...it always feels good to throw that crap away...and say some curse words at the same time :)!)

nooooo! don't do it!

i bought the 30 day supply on a whim when shopping in a sephora store. the crap does not work! i understood that there is a purging process..but it got ridiculous. my chin broke out so bad w/ those huge horrible cysts and HUGE white pimples (seems like 4 in one!) and it has been three weeks and none of it has gone away.

even the 1800 number help couldn't give a straight answer except to keep on trying. my face is soooo bad compared to before...now im back on all purpose wash and bp...