Notifications
Clear all

SevereAcne scar treatment journey - asian skin

MemberMember
(@icecream_vanilla93hotmail-com)

Posted : 11/15/2020 8:28 pm

Hello all,

I just decided to start some treatment to improve my acne scars after many years of being insecure about my skin. Had terrible terrible acne which resulted in many scars.

I could not find a suitable doctor in my country (malaysia) till recently. Most doctors here would just recommend laser which I think is not the best. I will like to with manual procedure like needling or subcision first.

So last two weeks I decided to go with subcision. Apology as I don't have photos before the procedure. It was painful and I couldn't go out of home for this period as the bruises and lumps were horrible. My face now is still covered with brown bruises. Is this normal? The downtime is so long. 

I do also come across TCA cross. It is affordable and effective but will this work for my scar? From my reading, it works best for ice pick scar but will it be effective for mine? I might need to take more photo when the swelling from subcision is completely down.

I am planning to do more subcision in coming time and also dermaroll myself at home. 

Looking forward for advices.

Thanks for reading.

IMG_20201116_090326.jpg

IMG_20201116_091808.jpg

IMG_20201116_090321.jpg

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 11/16/2020 4:04 am

I think TCA Cross would work on the crater scarI see around your right lip and nose area. You seem to have other ones (smaller though) that Cross could improve but your pictures are a little blurry.

MemberMember
(@anonymous682)

Posted : 11/16/2020 8:43 am

This seems like it was nokor subcision. Get cannula in the future, less bruising. its impossible to assess your scars at the moment due to swelling. Do you have hypertrophic scars or thishematoma? Hard to tell

MemberMember

Posted : 11/16/2020 6:37 pm

9 hours ago, anonymous682 said:

This seems like it was nokor subcision. Get cannula in the future, less bruising. its impossible to assess your scars at the moment due to swelling. Do you have hypertrophic scars or thishematoma? Hard to tell

I think the doctor use a normal needle to subcise. As this is the first time I perform the procedure, I did not know the downtime would be this long. Not sure if I develop hyperpigmentation because of it.

Hope the redness/brown fade.

MemberMember
(@anonymous682)

Posted : 11/16/2020 8:50 pm

2 hours ago, MK_1993 said:

I think the doctor use a normal needle to subcise. As this is the first time I perform the procedure, I did not know the downtime would be this long. Not sure if I develop hyperpigmentation because of it.

Hope the redness/brown fade.

needle is even older of a technique than nokor, my recommendation is to find a different doctor for future subcision

to be positive: your bruising clearly shows he hit fibrosis, recommend cupping to prevent reformation

MemberMember

Posted : 11/18/2020 5:30 am

On 11/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, anonymous682 said:

needle is even older of a technique than nokor, my recommendation is to find a different doctor for future subcision

to be positive: your bruising clearly shows he hit fibrosis, recommend cupping to prevent reformation

Are there still bruises or PIH?

Cause it has already been more than 2 weeks.