Notifications
Clear all

Forehead Bumps!!!!

MemberMember
(@shellu09)

Posted : 11/14/2020 5:46 pm

I™ve had these bumps on my forehead for a while now. They appeared two years ago and I haven™t found a way to treat them since then. I don™t even know what they are called. Can someone please help me find out what they are or how to treat them? I can™t afford a dermatologist so this is my last hope. I think they may be closed comedones but I don™t know . They™re very visible in certain lightings. Please help. Thank you

95E9D170-8FC5-46E3-9742-16D228912522.jpeg

C81A7473-9424-4558-A84E-1302C874009E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 11/16/2020 10:49 pm

It must be a Milia. Smallwhite forehead bumpsmight be milia. These bumpsdevelop when dead skin cells are trapped in pockets under the skin's surface.

To get ridof pimpleson your forehead, start with good skin care. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. This will removeexcess oil from your skin. If that doesn't work, try an OTC acnecream that contains ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.

MemberMember
(@shellu09)

Posted : 11/18/2020 2:12 am

On 11/16/2020 at 10:49 PM, milkysweet said:

It must be a Milia. Smallwhite forehead bumpsmight be milia. These bumpsdevelop when dead skin cells are trapped in pockets under the skin's surface.

To get ridof pimpleson your forehead, start with good skin care. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. This will removeexcess oil from your skin. If that doesn't work, try an OTC acnecream that contains ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.

I getmilia around my eyes (usually one or two pop up every few months)but Ididnt know it can come in a cluster like that! That could be thecase.

Can you recommend a good cleanser and moisturizer? Im struggling with finding ones. I appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@jchan88)

Posted : 11/18/2020 4:53 am

2 hours ago, shellu09 said:

I getmilia around my eyes (usually one or two pop up every few months)but Ididnt know it can come in a cluster like that! That could be thecase.

Can you recommend a good cleanser and moisturizer? Im struggling with finding ones. I appreciate it.

Try to find those with labels such as non-comedogenic so that it won't clog your pores. Don't go for those that are too drying as well. You want something that is gentle, yet effective. Cleansers with fruit enzymes are good.

MemberMember
(@shellu09)

Posted : 11/18/2020 12:35 pm

7 hours ago, JChan88 said:

Try to find those with labels such as non-comedogenic so that it won't clog your pores. Don't go for those that are too drying as well. You want something that is gentle, yet effective. Cleansers with fruit enzymes are good.

Okay, got it. I appreciate your response!!!

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 11/30/2020 3:08 am

Is there any updates on your forehead now? We would like to know.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/30/2020 4:30 pm

On 11/14/2020 at 2:46 PM, shellu09 said:

Ivehad thesebumps on my forehead for a while now. They appeared two years ago and I havent found a way to treat them since then. I dont even know what they are called. Can someone please help me find out what they are or how to treat them?I cant afford a dermatologistso this is my last hope. I think they may be closed comedones but Idont know . Theyre very visible in certain lightings.Please help. Thank you

They look like folliculitis, which is a fungal infection. You will need to use anti-fungal cream (Lotrimin or Lamisil)to treat it, which you can readily find in a drug store.