Notifications
Clear all

experience with sculptra

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 11/11/2020 5:01 pm

Hi all,

I've read mixed reviews about sculptra. some love it and some say it's a nightmare. Since it builds collagen, it can be helpful for scars and volume loss. however my fear is to get bumps in my face, or have get immune system issues.I already have tiny raised bumps from one Bellafill and I'm scared with sculptra those bumps become more visible. Have you guys had sculptra? if so, were there side effects? is it worth it?

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:00 pm

I say to go with temporary fillers and avoid anything permanent. If you use Sculptra, then the risk of granulomas exists for many years, and it isn't clear what defines many. It could be a decade or more for some. It also makes microneedling and any other later procedures that provoke a healing response risky because your immune system could detect Sculptra as a foreign body and start forming a protective scar around it.

In your case, you already know you're a risky case for Sculptra since you've formed an immune response to Bellafill. It seems like an obvious choice.

I've had Sculptra done, and though I've not had any long-term adverse side effects, I regret it because now it makes me worried every time I microneedle. I wasn't aware of the risks because many practitioners using permanent fillers are also not fully aware of them either.

Here's a case report about Sculptra late-onset granuloma risk:

https://www.jaadcasereports.org/article/S2352-5126(15)00198-8/pdf

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:29 pm

Sculptra isn't permanent.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:35 pm

11 minutes ago, Noa27 said:

Sculptra isn't permanent.

Just because the results aren't permanent, it does not mean that some Sculptra does not stay in the skin for a very long time. It does. There are reports of people forming granulomas around six years after Sculptra. The piece I linked above is about that very case.

Do your research before you spread harmful misinformation. There's an essential difference between the duration of action and how long it lasts in the skin. The potential complications stem from the latter.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:41 pm

4 minutes ago, Nick Corona said:

Just because the results aren't permanent it does not mean that some Sculptra does not stay in the skin for a very long time. It absolutely does. There are reports of people forming granulomas around 6 years after Sculptra.

Do your research before you spread harmfulmisinformation. There's an important difference between duration of action and the duration of how long it lasts in the skin.

Bellafill is permanent, but my understanding from sculptra is that it breaks down after some time? If that is months or years.... it isn't permanent?

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:47 pm

20 minutes ago, Noa27 said:

Bellafill is permanent, but my understanding from sculptra is that it breaks down after some time? If that is months or years.... it isn't permanent?

It is semi-permanent. The practical risks of permanent fillers and semi-permanent fillers are the same. Splitting hairs about the difference between many years (potentially a couple of decades) forever is useless. We don't live forever. A granuloma formed from a permanent or semi-permanent filler is still a granuloma.

Yes, Sculptra breaks down, but the rate at which it breaks down is slow. Sculptra will be present in your skin for many years, and all of the potential consequences too.

Noa27 liked
MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:52 pm

How many Sessions of sculptra did You've had?

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 11/18/2020 1:54 pm

Just now, Noa27 said:

How many Sessions of sculptra did You've had?

Just one, and I won't be doing it again after reading up on the risks that my plastic surgeon failed to inform me of.

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 11/18/2020 10:01 pm

On 11/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, Aba2020 said:

Hi all,

I've read mixed reviews about sculptra. some love it and some say it's a nightmare. Since it builds collagen, it can be helpful for scars and volume loss. however my fear is to get bumps in my face, or have get immune system issues.I already have tiny raised bumps from one Bellafill and I'm scared with sculptra those bumps become more visible. Have you guys had sculptra? if so, were there side effects? is it worth it?

I had these same concerns, however further research shows most complications are due to improperly trained nurses and doctors who didn't prep the solution properly.

The problem is there is nothing that compares to Sculptra, not even filler. If you have widespread volume loss like I had, this is the only way to go. Let me emphasize how good Sculptra is for widespread volume loss.. IT IS PHENOMENAL.

Sculptra should be diluted; 1 vial for the entire face, minimum 6 months apart. It will build for months, even up to a year. Be careful how many vials you stack. I almost got 3 vials and am so glad i did just 2; I'd look like a beaver if I did 1 more. You won't know the full results for at least 6 months.

The Bellafill does make things complicated so I won't comment there. I had overreactive skin that rioted and inflamed all the time. Ever since I had Sculptra, I felt like I had my skin back.

Now I sound like a Sculptra salesman.

Dodgerguy liked
MemberMember
(@anonymous682)

Posted : 11/18/2020 10:22 pm

20 minutes ago, f93d said:

I had these same concerns, however further research shows most complications are due to improperly trained nurses and doctors who didn't prep the solution properly.

The problem is there is nothing that compares to Sculptra, not even filler. If you have widespread volume loss like I had, this is the only way to go. Let me emphasize how good Sculptra is for widespread volume loss.. IT IS PHENOMENAL.

Sculptra should be diluted; 1 vial for the entire face, minimum 6 months apart. It will build for months, even up to a year. Be careful how many vials you stack. I almost got 3 vials and am so glad i did just 2; I'd look like a beaver if I did 1 more. You won't know the full results for at least 6 months.

The Bellafill does make things complicated so I won't comment there. I had overreactive skin that rioted and inflamed all the time. Ever since I had Sculptra, I felt like I had my skin back.

Hey man,

Welcome back, your story is really inspiring. How has the sculptra held up since treatment? I hear it lasts 2 years 3 years etc tbh to me it sounds like its permanent actually and that was just how long the study was. What have you found?

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 11/19/2020 12:23 am

10 hours ago, Nick Corona said:

Just because the results aren't permanent, it does not mean that some Sculptra does not stay in the skin for a very long time. It does. There are reports of people forming granulomas around six years after Sculptra. The piece I linked above is about that very case.

Do your research before you spread harmful misinformation. There's an essential difference between the duration of action and how long it lasts in the skin. The potential complications stem from the latter.

Why wouldn't those same risks apply to temporary fillers as well?

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 11/19/2020 1:22 am

2 hours ago, anonymous682 said:

Hey man,

Welcome back, your story is really inspiring. How has the sculptra held up since treatment? I hear it lasts 2 years 3 years etc tbh to me it sounds like its permanent actually and that was just how long the study was. What have you found?

Thanks.

It holds. The longevity duration they provide should differ from person to person- most use Sculptra for anti-aging and are typically of older age, thus their collagen is decreasing at a much faster rate. It builds real collagen; collagen lasts as long as it lasts, depending on genetics and age.

My skin has only improved and filled in since my last treatment more than a year ago. I doubt I'll need any more filler for at least 5 years. Collagen has taken the place of the temporary filler.Improvement has more or less stopped after a year post,however results have held.

(Sculptra + wait 1 month + Infini) combo is killer for building volume

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/19/2020 11:55 am

22 hours ago, Nick Corona said:

Do your research before you spread harmful misinformation. There's an essential difference between the duration of action and how long it lasts in the skin. The potential complications stem from the

14 hours ago, f93d said:

do u have b/ a pics of your treatment that show results?

i wanted to get sculptra too. then i read about all the side effects it can give u even years after its use, how responsible docs drop it as part if their treatment because it gives complications too often. 10% complication rate is alarming. thats 1 in every 10 ppl.

MemberMember
(@anonymous682)

Posted : 11/19/2020 12:34 pm

11 hours ago, f93d said:

Thanks.

It holds. The longevity duration they provide should differ from person to person- most use Sculptra for anti-aging and are typically of older age, thus their collagen is decreasing at a much faster rate. It builds real collagen; collagen lasts as long as it lasts, depending on genetics and age.

My skin has only improved and filled in since my last treatment more than a year ago. I doubt I'll need any more filler for at least 5 years. Collagen has taken the place of the temporary filler.Improvement has more or less stopped after a year post,however results have held.

(Sculptra + wait 1 month + Infini) combo is killer for building volume

Glad to hear this. Hell if you need another vial in 5 years, 500-700$ is a small price to pay for the kind of results you got being maintained. Planning to get sculptra myself

41 minutes ago, BlueMaloney said:

do u have b/ a pics of your treatment that show results?

i wanted to get sculptra too. then i read about all the side effects it can give u even years after its use, how responsible docs drop it as part if their treatment because it gives complications too often. 10% complication rate is alarming. thats 1 in every 10 ppl.

he has one of the most viewed before/after threads on here. Sculptra/radiesse are endorsed by Dr Davin Lim frequently, sure he is hyped some because he has a marketing team, but there cant be any doubt that he is aresponsible doctor, from my research its not the responsible ones that drop it, looks like the unskilled ones drop it because it is dangerous in bad hands.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 11/19/2020 2:11 pm

16 hours ago, f93d said:

This isn't true. While proper dilution reduces the risk of granulomas, it doesn't eliminate it. The case report I linked was done correctly.

13 hours ago, anon09299 said:

Why wouldn't those same risks apply to temporary fillers as well?

They do. It's just much lower because temporary fillers are temporary.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/20/2020 11:28 am

23 hours ago, anonymous682 said:

Glad to hear this. Hell if you need another vial in 5 years, 500-700$ is a small price to pay for the kind of results you got being maintained. Planning to get sculptra myself

he has one of the most viewed before/after threads on here. Sculptra/radiesse are endorsed by Dr Davin Lim frequently, sure he is hyped some because he has a marketing team, but there cant be any doubt that he is aresponsible doctor, from my research its not the responsible ones that drop it, looks like the unskilled ones drop it because it is dangerous in bad hands.

thanks. i'll have a look. i am not arguing with u, just telling my opinion about semi-permanent fillers. i've read a lot about them here and on diff websites. i have been following here for 6 months now and cant help but notice that drs dont use sculptra that much. ive read articles that plastic surgeons have dropped sculptra for the high risks. if they are not skilled i dont know. but even the skilled ones seem to stay away frol sculptra. i hear dr emil for example prefers radiesse for safety reasons. and i even also recall a patient of dr emils having a diffuse inflammation from his radiesse filler months after.. there is also a guy who had some kind of lumps from radiesse with dr emil and had to go back to have this corrected by the doc. so even with the best of the best and the 'safer' radiiesse filler u can still have complications from fillers. reading this really put me on guard about semi-permanent fillers.

this isjust my opinion. anybody can see things differently. if u think the benefits are more than the risks you can do fillers too.