Notifications
Clear all

Differin 0.1%

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 11/11/2020 7:14 am

Is Differin 0.1% the same as Retin A (Tretinoin) and can you apply it straight after dermarolling or dermapen.

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 11/11/2020 10:25 am

They are both retinoids and achieve the same effect. My derm has told me that differin tends to be less irritating but also weaker compared to retin a so start with differin.Do not apply it straight after dermarolling. I would wait at least 72 hours if not a whole week until after most of the swelling subsides.

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 11/11/2020 2:17 pm

Its supposedly slightly weaker then Retina-A, but not as flaky. I use it right after treatments, great for healing.

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 11/11/2020 5:03 pm

I used Differin and I think RetinA is more effective. Differin didn't do anything for my skin.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 11/17/2020 4:43 am

I was using Isotrex,but the Dr says its been discontinued.Every other Tretinoin product (Retinova and Retin A) I've used,have been discontinued of the years.

Is there anywhere I can get Retin A (Janssen-Cilag) from,possibly without a prescription?

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 11/24/2020 8:25 am

Please,does anyone know where I can buy Retin A (Janssen-Cilag) from,possibly without a prescription?

MemberMember
(@alwayshope)

Posted : 11/24/2020 9:15 am

I have purchased retin A .005% from Thailand. I am in the USA. To get .01% you will need a prescription. You can get .01% cheap in Canada but you need a prescription.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/23/2020 9:08 pm

I have been getting RF microneedling by a professional...I had been doing home derma-stamping/microneedling prior to that. I use the OTC Differin .1%. You only need a prescription for the .3% strength. Myself, for both home treatments and the professional RF, I don't use anything that night. Depending on how I feel the next night, I may resume or wait another night. Either way, it's not like my face is going to fall off. If I were using the stronger .3% (prescription strength) I would be inclined to wait another night to resume. I have been using the .1% for over 2 years now though, so my face is well acclimated to it.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 12/24/2020 12:36 am

On 11/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, Aba2020 said:

I used Differin and I think RetinA is more effective. Differin didn't do anything for my skin.

Differin works well when I put an occlusive substance on top

I wish 0.3% was available OTC. Not a fan of some of these regulations