Notifications
Clear all

Scar Questions

MemberMember
(@ccardisnet-net)

Posted : 11/10/2020 6:54 pm

So Im planning on flying down to seeDr. Weiner once I have the fraxel treatment I had planned done. His recommendations for me were 3 treatments of TCA cross, subcision, genius, and filler (mostly just for one cheek that has the worst scarring). I had a couple questions for everyone, is PRP worth the extra money ($700)? Im leaning towards not doing it but would be curious what others think. Second, he recommend just 1 session of filler (my scars arent too deep except for a few on cheek). Is it better to do the filler the 1,2, or 3rd treatment? Any other experiences / recommendations with Dr. Weiner would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/11/2020 1:08 am

5 hours ago, Chris11100011 said:

So I™m planning on flying down to see Dr. Weiner once I have the fraxel treatment I had planned done.  His recommendations for me were 3 treatments of TCA cross, subcision, genius, and filler (mostly just for one cheek that has the worst scarring).

Well, let's first analyze your scars....

D4D5C997-6C1A-4CC6-883C-582EA0C12C06.jpeg

DE68A757-0094-4898-8712-0AE27119D835.jpeg

You mostly have boxcars. These are the nasty ones with edges around the scar. The edges are where the light bounces off, thus making it stand out more.

If you haven't already, I suggest you cancel the Fraxel. Better spend that money on something more effective.

Do you need all three treaments, subcision + TCA + Genius? Absolutely no. These days, doctors throw everything at once and hope that one of them will stick. It's an overkill. What you want is to find out which one works and stick with that. Unfortunately, when you're getting all three at the same time, you will never know what is good or bad. (I've already spent inordinate amount of time making my views known about these unscrupulous docs, so I'll spare you the trouble.)

By all means, your scars are pretty tame. They're shallow. There's no major fat loss. So why is filler being recommended?!!

If I were you, I get 50% TCA around the boxcars displaying prominent edges. Then get Genius 3 months after. Repeat, alternating between the two, every 3 months. Reassess how much change there is after 1 year and go from there.

PS. I can tell you outright that scars on the forehead and temples are the hardest to treat. Subcision won't help. Genius won't either. TCA, however, can be helpful. But you need to be persistent. It will require many treatments. From my own experience, that's the only one that made any difference.

6 hours ago, Chris11100011 said:

I had a couple questions for everyone, is PRP worth the extra money ($700)?  I™m leaning towards not doing it but would be curious what others think.  Second, he recommend just 1 session of filler (my scars aren™t too deep except for a few on cheek).

No PRP.

No filler (well, not now). Flatten those boxcars as much as possible, then get the filler.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 11/11/2020 1:19 am

Don't waste your money on PRP.

MemberMember
(@ccardisnet-net)

Posted : 11/11/2020 9:23 am

Thanks for the reply Sirius. Unfortunately cant cancel the fraxel as I already made a deposit for the appointment (made the appointment before doing enough research). Im okay with doing the three treatments at once just because Ill have to fly to see him and I have the downtime available (working remote) which may be tougher to get in the future. This was a virtual consultation, so the recommendations may change once I visit in person but the filler was recommended just as 1L specifically for the one cheek area which is the worst scarring I have. For what you mentioned about tca cross, is this something I would have to specifically ask him to do during the treatment or is that something that is typically done? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 11/11/2020 10:31 am

Do not get PRP. Just my opinion but being in lockdown if you aren't seeing too many people anyway I wouldn't waste money on filler until the very last treatment as it is not permanent (unless you decide to get bellafil which I know nothing about). You will also get the best result from filler after the scars have been softened with the other treatments.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/11/2020 2:36 pm

4 hours ago, Chris11100011 said:

For what you mentioned about tca cross, is this something I would have to specifically ask him to do during the treatment or is that something that is typically done?

Not sure I follow. I thought he offered to do all 3 treatments, including TCA Cross, at the same time. You might want to ask about what the TCA strength is. For boxcars, 50%-80% is preferred. Anything less is realistically not helpful.

MemberMember
(@ccardisnet-net)

Posted : 11/11/2020 7:17 pm

Sorry, not too familiar with tca cross. But yes, all three at the same time. The recommendation was tca for the ice pick scars, so wasnt sure if that meant he would only treat the ice pick scars specifically.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/11/2020 8:55 pm

1 hour ago, Chris11100011 said:

The recommendation was tca for the ice pick scars, so wasnt sure if that meant he would only treat the ice pick scars specifically.

Normally, that would be the case with TCA. But I don't see any icepick that stands out. So I have no idea where he would apply it. Anyway, good luck with your treatments.

MemberMember
(@facial)

Posted : 11/13/2020 8:44 pm

Hey what's the quote for your treatment from Dr Weiner? Is he more expensive than Dr rullan?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/14/2020 12:42 am

On 11/11/2020 at 12:54 AM, Chris11100011 said:

So Im planning on flying down to seeDr. Weiner once I have the fraxel treatment I had planned done. His recommendations for me were 3 treatments of TCA cross, subcision, genius, and filler (mostly just for one cheek that has the worst scarring). I had a couple questions for everyone, is PRP worth the extra money ($700)? Im leaning towards not doing it but would be curious what others think. Second, he recommend just 1 session of filler (my scars arent too deep except for a few on cheek). Is it better to do the filler the 1,2, or 3rd treatment? Any other experiences / recommendations with Dr. Weiner would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

i wouldn't do the filler. its not gonna give u permanent results not even good enough results. unless your scars are very superficial its not gonna make them dissapear.

I had 1 sub without and 1 sub with ha filler since i was very curious about fillers and everybody was saying subcision is more effective with filler than on its own. i didn't see significant improvement in the long run, the filler dissolved pretty quickly. in my case in 2.5 months due to my fast metabolism.

plus with fillers u always run the risk of something going wrong even many months after the treatment. many ppl here have shared they suffered late onset inflammation of the filler, which could potentially reverse any improvement u've gotten from other treatment if this inflammation scars.

Go for tca cross or genius. those can give u more permanent results.

MemberMember
(@ccardisnet-net)

Posted : 11/14/2020 7:41 pm

22 hours ago, scarryface said:

Hey what's the quote for your treatment from Dr Weiner? Is he more expensive than Dr rullan?

About 1700 per session (TCA cross, sub, + genius). Feel free to pm me if you want more details

facial liked
MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 11/15/2020 6:17 pm

22 hours ago, Chris11100011 said:

About 1700 per session (TCA cross, sub, + genius). Feel free to pm me if you want more details

That is actually better value than Rullan. I have seen $1200 for genius alone.