Notifications
Clear all

PHENOL PEEL FAQ

MemberMember
(@henry-product-incgmail-com)

Posted : 11/04/2020 12:18 am

I wanted to start this thread because there is not alot of info about phenol peels with Dr. Rullan. I am considering going to him at the end of my journey, which will probably be in a year or so(Ill be going to Dr. Salar Hazany in December for Phenol cross/ punch excision/ subcision/ cyst removal). I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer. Does the peecreate permanent dermarcation lines between the face and the neck? Is it true that the treated skin loses the ability to tan/ ability for have pigment forever? Can a similar result be obtained with a series of medium depth peels? Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/04/2020 4:46 pm

16 hours ago, damagedbuthealing said:

I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer.  Does the peel create permanent dermarcation lines between the face and the neck?  Is it true that the treated skin loses the ability to tan/ ability for have pigment forever?  Can a similar result be obtained with a series of medium depth peels?  

First, in order for us to help you, we need to see your scars. When taking photos, consider the info outlined below. Second, phenol/carbolic is probably the most potent acid used as a peeling agent. It's much stronger than TCA, which is considered as a medium-peel. Depending on your ethnicity, there will be an issue with skin pigmentation. The darker your skin, more problem there will be. Likewise, a demarcation can appear between the face and the neck. You will need to avoid sun exposure until the crust/scab comes off and will require wearing sunblock for a lengthy time afterwards. TCA can be just as beneficial as phenol. But since I have no idea what your scar-type is, let alone how severe they might be, I can't give you any definitive answer.

Consider taking a picture using the angle-lighting approach like the one shown in the picture below. This will create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation. This can be done by pointing a bright light perpendicular to the angle of the lens. So if you're shooting the side of the face, you would point the light from either the front or the back of the face.

image.png.e235ad914ccddcb765af7612633aeacc.png

MemberMember
(@henry-product-incgmail-com)

Posted : 11/05/2020 12:31 am

7 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

First, in order for us to help you, we need to see your scars. When taking photos, consider the info outlined below. Second, phenol/carbolic is probably the most potent acid used as a peeling agent. It's much stronger than TCA, which is considered as a medium-peel. Depending on your ethnicity, there will be an issue with skin pigmentation. The darker your skin, more problem there will be. Likewise, a demarcation can appear between the face and the neck. You will need to avoid sun exposure until the crust/scab comes off and will require wearing sunblock for a lengthy time afterwards. TCA can be just as beneficial as phenol. But since I have no idea what your scar-type is, let alone how severe they might be, I can't give you any definitive answer.

Consider taking a picture using the angle-lighting approach like the one shown in the picture below. This will create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation. This can be done by pointing a bright light perpendicular to the angle of the lens. So if you're shooting the side of the face, you would point the light from either the front or the back of the face.

image.png.e235ad914ccddcb765af7612633aeacc.png

Ok I will do so soon.  I™m more of a fair skin type but again just worried that a lot of the side effects (that are pretty severe IMO) like never being able to tan on your face again/ permanent loss of pigment on your face and permanent dermarcation lines.  

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 11/06/2020 1:42 pm

On 11/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, damagedbuthealing said:

I wanted to start this thread because there is not alot of info about phenol peels with Dr. Rullan. I am considering going to him at the end of my journey, which will probably be in a year or so(Ill be going to Dr. Salar Hazany in December for Phenol cross/ punch excision/ subcision/ cyst removal). I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer. Does the peecreate permanent dermarcation lines between the face and the neck? Is it true that the treated skin loses the ability to tan/ ability for have pigment forever? Can a similar result be obtained with a series of medium depth peels? Thanks in advance.

Does the peecreate permanent dermarcation lines between the face and the neck?

No it takes 6 - 12months to disappear

Is it true that the treated skin loses the ability to tan/ ability for have pigment forever?

No I'm still quite tan post 1.5 years phenol peel

Is it true that the treated skin loses the ability to tan/ ability for have pigment forever? Can a similar result be obtained with a series of medium depth peels?

Not true but always a risk. Doubt medium depth peels can even compare to phenol

--

Also disagree on not a lot of info for phenol peel, there are tons, it's better documented here than any other treatment. Dr. Rullan published a journal article for it showing case studies; in my treatment thread I've documented images showing exactly what happens. Further, others have posted their success. Do look those up.