Notifications
Clear all

After 30 years. I cured my acne

MemberMember
(@rayschafer-me)

Posted : 10/31/2020 9:03 am

I am 60 years old. I have had adult nodular acne since my twenties. I am finally acne free with no medication. Here is how I did it. I am not sure what did it exactly, but this worked.

I suspected that my acne was related to my diet and my gut health. especially because any time I ate ice cream it was really bad. I tried various dietary changes for en years and got very close. but my most recent diet eliminated 100%.

Here is what I did ... First. I adopted a very strict keto diet. This is not easy, but is the most important part. Then I eliminated all milk products from my diet ... especially whey. I then started my day with 6 oz of kettle and fire bone broth. I also took probiotics and fish oil every day. I also avoided antibiotics.

I suspect that I needed to heal my gut and that milk and insulin spikes caused my acne.

I don't take any drugs and I don't use anything on my skin, and I have not had acne in 6 months.

I hope my story helps some people.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/31/2020 5:37 pm

Yeah, it was the same in my case, strict keto diet without dairy products = 100% clean skin. Actually, when I think about it, it's not even keto diet, because without dairy products it's almost impossible to get more fat than protein,so it's just a version of a Paleo diet.

What this basically tells me is that our bodies have developed some kind of food sensitivities. Introducing dairy for me always starts the acne session again.I have been off/on on this diet multiple times, and its always the same outcome.

MemberMember
(@rayschafer-me)

Posted : 11/01/2020 11:54 pm

I am able to use heavy whippingcream in my coffee now, and I don't get acne. I am not sure why.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/02/2020 5:22 am

5 hours ago, Rsquest01 said:

I am able to use heavy whippingcream in my coffee now, and I don't get acne. I am not sure why.

That's interesting, thanks for sharing that. It couldmean that your body has healed after 6+ months staying off problematic foods. I can'tmanage to do more than 2-3 months in a row because I'm a sugar addict and get depressed after a certain period without sugary food.

Are you planning to stay for ever on this strict diet or considering to try things that you couldn't have before?

MemberMember
(@rsquest)

Posted : 11/03/2020 11:25 am

I plan to stay on this diet forever. I find that when I eat a keto diet, I can stay at my optimal weight. Also, when I am in ketosis (the result of eating a keto diet for at least 2 weeks or up to 4 weeks), I don't get hungry and I don't have cravings for sweets. I believe that a keto diet is the healthiest, so I don't think that it is a coincidence that staying on a keto diet got rid of my acne. But I believe that the combination of insulin spikes and growth factor (from milk products) were the sources of my acne.

I can't believe that I am acne-free! What a relief!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/03/2020 4:27 pm

Great, I'm glad it worked out that good for you. Only if people here would read that instead of trying to abuse vitamins or use any other quick fix while continuing to basically poison themselves with toxic food.

MemberMember
(@destroyt365)

Posted : 11/03/2020 6:30 pm

On 10/31/2020 at 10:03 AM, Rsquest01 said:

I am 60 years old. I have had adult nodular acne since my twenties. I am finally acne free with no medication. Here is how I did it. I am not sure what did it exactly, but this worked.

I suspected that my acne was related to my diet and my gut health. especially because any time I ate ice cream it was really bad. I tried various dietary changes for en years and got very close. but my most recent diet eliminated 100%.

Here is what I did ... First. I adopted a very strict keto diet. This is not easy, but is the most important part. Then I eliminated all milk products from my diet ... especially whey. I then started my day with 6 oz of kettle and fire bone broth. I also took probiotics and fish oil every day. I also avoided antibiotics.

I suspect that I needed to heal my gut and that milk and insulin spikes caused my acne.

I don't take any drugs and I don't use anything on my skin, and I have not had acne in 6 months.

I hope my story helps some people.

I didn't know acne could last in your 60's... but thanks for sharing this info and I'm happy for you.

Can you please share the following:

• Brand and model of the probiotics and fish oil you take
  • Your keto diet resources
  • Your skincare routine

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@rsquest)

Posted : 11/03/2020 7:03 pm

Yes, apparently people can have acne for their entire lives! Unfortunately.

• Brand and model of the probiotics and fish oil you take
    • I take any probiotics that I happen to buy. I change types so that I get a mix of different bacteria.
  • Your keto diet resources
    • My main keto resource is Thomas Delauer's youtube channel. Bet the general rule is ... don't eat anything that is not meat, fish or low carb vegetables. A typical meal would be steak, broccoli and a salad with lots of fat (butter, high-fat salad dressing, olive oil). I eat lots of eggs cooked in butter.
  • Your skincare routine
    • I wash with Dove soap in the shower once per day. In other words, I don't have a skincare routine.

I want to add that I don't consider this a strict diet. It is very satisfying. I get to eat all of the meat, fat and vegetables that I want. The first few weeks is tough, until getting into ketosis. After that, it is very easy.

MemberMember
(@rsquest)

Posted : 11/05/2020 11:19 am

I should also add that I started taking Betaine HCL. I was starting to suffer from some heartburn and suspected that my stomach acid was low and that I was not properly digesting my food. So here is a summary of what I did:

1. DO NOT TAKE Antibiotics

2. strict keto diet (low carb; achieving ketosis)

3. No milk products; especially no milk-based protein powder, such as those with whey.

4. Daily probiotics

5. Daily bone broth as my first food in the morning (Kettle and Fire bone broth)

6. Betaine HCL with every meal

7. Daily, high-quality fish oil

Keep in mind that I do not have a skincare routine, which would be very difficult for me anyway, because my most severe acne is on my scalp (in my hair) and I get lots on my back, butt, and legs as well as my face.

After doing this for several months, I am now able to add in butter (for cooking)and heavy whipping cream (in coffee) with no acne. I also have reduced my Betaine HCL to occasional use. After experimenting with my diet for 30 years to try to eliminate acne, my acne is finally gone. I don't know which of the items above actually made the difference, but Betaine HCL is the one thing that I had never tried before this year. I think that in the past I was not as serious about avoiding milk-based protein powder either. I now use a beef-based protein powder.

In the past, I was able to get very close to eliminating my acne, but it was only after combining all of these elements that I was able to go more than a couple of weeks without some minor acne. Doing the above, I truly have ZERO acne after several months.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 11/09/2020 3:57 am

Congratulations and Thank you for sharing your story. This will be a great help in all of us!

MemberMember
(@debateman)

Posted : 05/24/2022 12:20 am

I just started adding Betaine HCL before I eat anything and it has made me more energetic, I build muscle easier, I am more alert, my acne is substantially reduced and I much less digestive issues after meals!

MemberMember
(@rsquest)

Posted : 06/22/2022 8:37 am

Awesome!

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 06/29/2022 1:28 am

Thanks for sharing this!!

MemberMember
(@nicolgreen081gmail-com)

Posted : 06/30/2022 5:01 am

These essential Greens supplements provide your body with all the nutrients it needs.

MemberMember
(@talkingtpg-com-au)

Posted : 09/27/2022 1:55 am

There is actually two different types of milk , from two different types of cows. From Friesian or Jersey cows. One type is called A2 and many children who are allergic to milk can accept A2 milk.
However the first thing you do is avoid ALL TYPES of milk products incl cheese, yogurt, butter cream, until you have cleared your skin.
No hydrolysed fats (imitation oils) no take-aways no carbonated drinks no packet foods chips, twisties, lollies, chocolates until you have sorted out your problem.
No creams, facial scrubs, NO VITAMINS, . . . . . . . NO NOTHING !!!!!

You don't know whats in any of the things you are buying and that's why I don't buy ANYTHING. I am allergic to every poison they add to food. Every colouring, flavouring, seasonng, preservative, enhancement, enrichment.
It only takes a few weeks to get all these poisons out of your system and then you can start by adding one thing at a time.
Make your own fresh mint tea, or honey and lemon or chrysanthemum tea but be very careful as herbs are very powerful.

The easiest is to make soups from vegetables sweet potato, onion, carrot, pumpkin, dried yellow peas or soup mix add some chicken or beef or pork mince and you can blend the mixture. Cook for 10 minute ONLY. In other words, just barely cook the vegetables.
Get to a point we call POINT ZERO. The starting point . . . .. and then add other things. You will be amazed at how poisonous some of the processed packets of food are.
Here's the amazing part that no-one has covered.
Your body concentrates the poison and depending on the type of poison, it deposits it in different parts of your body.
My body crates a sty . . . and my eyelid swells up so I cannot see, or on my lip or on my back or I get cramp in one leg or my toes swell and ache. And MSG makes me feel like my intestines are being pulled out my bum. I don't eat any of these poisons any more.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 10/01/2022 10:56 pm

Goose liked " I don't use anything on my skin"