Notifications
Clear all

7 Months of Low Dosage of Isotretinoin, still having Cystic, any recommendation? thanks

MemberMember
(@kele_echeverriahotmail-com)

Posted : 10/21/2020 1:18 am

Hello

I am 28 years old male, second course of isotretinoin, low dosage, 10mg daily, cystic acne dont go away, it has improved, but still having,

any recommendation much apreciated

thanks

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 10/22/2020 10:07 am

On 10/21/2020 at 7:18 AM, StrikerO said:

Hello

I am 28 years old male, second course of isotretinoin, low dosage, 10mg daily, cystic acne dont go away, it has improved, but still having,

any recommendation much apreciated

thanks

10mg is low, which means they relapse rate will be high. Is there a reason why youre taking low dose? Increase your dose? Speak to your dermatologist.

MemberMember

Posted : 10/25/2020 2:17 am

Yes, Hairloss is the main reason.

MemberMember
(@rapharapha)

Posted : 10/25/2020 4:22 pm

I wouldnt increase the dose, especially if you have side-effects. I have side-efects on the skin (permanent scars and fissures due to Accutane). 

10mg was perfect for me. I increased the dose, and now my skin is permanently altered :( (scarring and not healing properly). 

Now even 10mg/day is too much for me. (especially during winter)

What I would recommend and it has been the best treatement for acne for me is the "Amoxicilling + clavunate" antibiotic, that can be taken along with accutane. It is a generic antibiotic used for dozens of conditions, and it works perfectly on acne. But it is taken for 1 or 2 weeks only. It clears my acne perfectly, but after I stop it they return after 1-2 weeks.

(Mynocycline antibiotic is also perfect for me, but I my acne developed resistance to it, as it cannot be taken along with accutane)

MemberMember

Posted : 10/28/2020 3:24 am

Yes, 10mg its to low dont work for me, and antibiotics not a long term solution, thanks anyways