Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
terribleesteem

TCA Cross and a mistake of the dermatologist

Recommended Posts

Okay, I know Sirius Lee has told me it takes time for the scar to heal. Fine. I will not worry about that for now. 

 

I have noticed that the angle in which the dermatologist inserted to toothpick on the scar cause her to rest the toothpick on my normal and healthy skin, just next to the dilated pore. This cause it to become a sort of pitted scar. Basically, spilled acid on my healthy skin. It is not only the initial scar that has widened itself from the treatment. It is that she has created a new scar in the area she rested the damn toothpick.

 

So, my doubt is, with the science of TCA, will this new formed scar fix itself or will I have to deal with this new scar using other techniques. (It has been 45 days since the treatment.)

 

Is TCA spillage something that is normal, heals in a few months or is it an awesome fuck up that is gonna further add on to my scars?

I'm sorry for the aggression in this post, it's just that it looks like this mountain of dealing with scars just keeps getting steeper. I went in to improve my scars and have received a new scar that is bad itself and worsens the appearance of the initial scar itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From my experience, it won't fix on your own and you need to improve it by either another TCA or some other treatments. My derm put too much acid on two of my close ice pick scars, which has made them a linear scar. The linear scar did NOT fill it up on its own after almost a year and I have to use filler to improve its appearance. 

Edited by Jack817
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 4:34 AM, Jack817 said:

From my experience, it won't fix on your own and you need to improve it by either another TCA or some other treatments. My derm put too much acid on two of my close ice pick scars, which has made them a linear scar. The linear scar did NOT fill it up on its own after almost a year and I have to use filler to improve its appearance. 

How is it now, after corrective treatment? Was it successful? If yes, what did you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, terribleesteem said:

How is it now, after corrective treatment? Was it successful? If yes, what did you do?

It is still visible, but getting a bit better with the following treatments: Fraxel, subcision, vascular laser and filler.

I can still see the dent under no matter what lightening, and the color is a bit different from surrounding skin, but less deep than before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

It is still visible, but getting a bit better with the following treatments: Fraxel, subcision, vascular laser and filler.

I can still see the dent under no matter what lightening, and the color is a bit different from surrounding skin, but less deep than before. 

That must have costed a fortune! I hope it is all worth it in the end

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, terribleesteem said:

That must have costed a fortune! I hope it is all worth it in the end

Thanks :) TCA Cross is a good tech to some of the people and I see people have success stories with it. However, it is a strong acid, and it is liquid, you cannot really control where it goes once it touches the skin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 4:36 AM, terribleesteem said:

Okay, I know Sirius Lee has told me it takes time for the scar to heal. Fine. I will not worry about that for now. 

 

I have noticed that the angle in which the dermatologist inserted to toothpick on the scar cause her to rest the toothpick on my normal and healthy skin, just next to the dilated pore. This cause it to become a sort of pitted scar. Basically, spilled acid on my healthy skin. It is not only the initial scar that has widened itself from the treatment. It is that she has created a new scar in the area she rested the damn toothpick.

 

So, my doubt is, with the science of TCA, will this new formed scar fix itself or will I have to deal with this new scar using other techniques. (It has been 45 days since the treatment.)

 

Is TCA spillage something that is normal, heals in a few months or is it an awesome fuck up that is gonna further add on to my scars?

I'm sorry for the aggression in this post, it's just that it looks like this mountain of dealing with scars just keeps getting steeper. I went in to improve my scars and have received a new scar that is bad itself and worsens the appearance of the initial scar itself.

I debated with Sisi90 before (link below) that there are some crappy doctors out there who think they know how to do things but don't. TCA can have good and bad consequences. Unfortunately, you experienced the latter. This seems like a result of your doctor.

There's still some hope that your scar can improve. I've had Phenol Cross (similar to TCA) done multiple times and it can take more than a few months to see improvement. However, sometimes you just know that your scar won't get any better - it's just bad news people have to face. 

Dr. Rahimi wrote on his website that TCA is hard to control which is true. Dr. Rullan in a video said that TCA cuts whereas Phenol blisters. The key to applying TCA is to put it on the bed of the scar but not fill up the walls because the TCA will "expand" - this is just my thinking. But I'm not a doctor. I could easily say it's best to see a scar expert but how would most people know who the scar experts are?

I got in a heated discussion with Sisi90 because I said that some patients can probably do a better job than doctors. I'm not encouraging you to apply TCA Cross yourself! My point is that doctors might not see your scars perfectly. You probably see them better because you look at your face way more so know the exact shapes of your scars. Doctors with all of their fancy lights and glasses might not see everything. That's just the risk with this type of procedure.

A suggestion is to wait and see if they improve and then find another doctor. Other procedures may help it but then we're talking more time, money, and anxiety.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

I debated with Sisi90 before (link below) that there are some crappy doctors out there who think they know how to do things but don't. TCA can have good and bad consequences. Unfortunately, you experienced the latter. This seems like a result of your doctor.

There's still some hope that your scar can improve. I've had Phenol Cross (similar to TCA) done multiple times and it can take more than a few months to see improvement. However, sometimes you just know that your scar won't get any better - it's just bad news people have to face. 

Dr. Rahimi wrote on his website that TCA is hard to control which is true. Dr. Rullan in a video said that TCA cuts whereas Phenol blisters. The key to applying TCA is to put it on the bed of the scar but not fill up the walls because the TCA will "expand" - this is just my thinking. But I'm not a doctor. I could easily say it's best to see a scar expert but how would most people know who the scar experts are?

I got in a heated discussion with Sisi90 because I said that some patients can probably do a better job than doctors. I'm not encouraging you to apply TCA Cross yourself! My point is that doctors might not see your scars perfectly. You probably see them better because you look at your face way more so know the exact shapes of your scars. Doctors with all of their fancy lights and glasses might not see everything. That's just the risk with this type of procedure.

A suggestion is to wait and see if they improve and then find another doctor. Other procedures may help it but then we're talking more time, money, and anxiety.

 

 

 

I had seen Dr. Davin's video about acne.org but that time, I did not know there was a forum here. I thought it was useless. If only I had gone through the discussions here and asked questions before getting my treatment, life would be totally different. Hopefully things get better

 

If anything, the new scar looks like a beauty mark on my cheek now. And I don'tthink it looks the worst, if you look at it that way.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, terribleesteem said:

I had seen Dr. Davin's video about acne.org but that time, I did not know there was a forum here. I thought it was useless. If only I had gone through the discussions here and asked questions before getting my treatment, life would be totally different. Hopefully things get better

 

If anything, the new scar looks like a beauty mark on my cheek now. And I don'tthink it looks the worst, if you look at it that way.

 

Over time, microneedling and TCA peels can improve it slightly (hopefully more). There are other methods as well but those are well documented on other threads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×