Notifications
Clear all

What filler for this scar?

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/09/2020 9:16 am

I had scar revision on this scar two years ago and it stretched apart, making it quite sunken. There was an existing depression above the scar and they have both kind of joined together, giving me a linear area of sunkenness. It looks worse than in the picture. I have had this scar for years and it's depressing me.

I live north-west England and I am at a loss on what to do and where to go. I don't trust a lot of doctors here because they want to charge thousands of pounds for all kinds of silly treatments that I have had before.

Does anyone have any experience with sculptra, fat injections or juvaderm with subcision?

Thank you

scars.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/09/2020 3:23 pm

5 hours ago, sunkenscarhelp said:

Does anyone have any experience with sculptra, fat injections or juvaderm with subcision?

Of the three, subcision + filler is your best bet. However, you might also want to look into excision + laser resurfacing.

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/11/2020 7:33 am

On 10/9/2020 at 9:23 PM, Sirius Lee said:

Of the three, subcision + filler is your best bet. However, you might also want to look into excision + laser resurfacing.

Are there any reasons why you wouldn't suggest far grafting?

Emma0803 liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/11/2020 8:48 am

I did fat grafting in the past. All dissolves. Very little part stays if any. Not worth it. Usual filler with Sub and probably permanent filler later. Write to Dr.Emil. He will give you the good advice.

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/11/2020 9:47 am

57 minutes ago, Sibel said:

I did fat grafting in the past. All dissolves. Very little part stays if any. Not worth it. Usual filler with Sub and probably permanent filler later. Write to Dr.Emil. He will give you the good advice.

Thanks for the reply. With regards to subcision, I would have to ask the doctor to be careful as the skin is thin in this area on my nose. Do you think some subcision with juvaderm is enough to get collagen growing?

I will contact Dr Emil, although I live in England.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/11/2020 1:26 pm

5 hours ago, sunkenscarhelp said:

Are there any reasons why you wouldn't suggest far grafting?

Yeah, as already explained, autologous fat is pretty unreliable (as well as quite invasive and expensive). There are better and less invasive alternatives out there.

Sibel liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/14/2020 9:29 am

Do youthink some subcision with juvaderm is enough to get collagengrowing?
I think it is enough but how it will be in your case nobody tells... it depends from so many factors...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/14/2020 10:45 am

I've had subcision and Restalyne filler done for atrophic scars. I was pretty happy with the result for the first 2 -2.5 months, my scars were hardly visible but then the filler dissolved and the scars re-appeared. Granted, they were less deep, but still there. I wouldn'tc recommend this combination unless you are willing and can afford to top up every 2-3 months for good results.

Sculptra or Voluma can give you more permanent results if you want to go down the filler route.

I've been following this forum for quite a while now and I gather that Dr Emil offers these more permanent fillers. You might want to check himout.

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/14/2020 11:04 am

17 minutes ago, BlueMaloney said:

I've had subcision and Restalyne filler done for atrophic scars. I was pretty happy with the result for the first 2 -2.5 months, my scars were hardly visible but then the filler dissolved and the scars re-appeared. Granted, they were less deep, but still there. I wouldn'tc recommend this combination unless you are willing and can afford to top up every 2-3 months for good results.

Sculptra or Voluma can give you more permanent results if you want to go down the filler route.

I've been following this forum for quite a while now and I gather that Dr Emil offers these more permanent fillers. You might want to check himout.

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard of sculptra but I'm still not entirely sure what it is... some kind of semi-permanent filler that encourages collagen growth?

From what I gather, Dr Emil is in Denmark? How much would he charge for sculptra or voluma?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/14/2020 11:55 am

51 minutes ago, sunkenscarhelp said:

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard of sculptra but I'm still not entirely sure what it is... some kind of semi-permanent filler that encourages collagen growth?

From what I gather, Dr Emil is in Denmark? How much would he charge for sculptra or voluma?

In Denmark yes. We in the UK are banned from entering Denmark right now. I don't know how much he charges for fillers, sorry. You can ask people who've had fillers with him or his staff via email. If you decide to get sculptra with him, please come back to report how you liked it :) I'm also interested in these fillers as well as in Genius. 

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 10/14/2020 12:04 pm

6 minutes ago, BlueMaloney said:

In Denmark yes. We in the UK are banned from entering Denmark right now. I don't know how much he charges for fillers, sorry. You can ask people who've had fillers with him or his staff via email. If you decide to get sculptra with him, please come back to report how you liked it :) I'm also interested in these fillers as well as in Genius. 

I ve seen dr Emil now uses radiesse , it can last up to 2 years and is biostimulant 

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/14/2020 2:11 pm

3 hours ago, Sibel said:

Do youthink some subcision with juvaderm is enough to get collagengrowing?

It's been known for a while that fillers stimulate fibroblasts (eg. production of collagen and elastin). Between hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm and biostimulant like Sculptra,the latter is better at facilitating fibroblast.

However, you're better off mixing Sculptra with energy devices like RF or laser than subcision. Several studies reportedthat the energy triggers a change in the crystal structure of Sculptra, yielding abetter result than from single treatment alone.

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/15/2020 6:49 am

18 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

I'll send him an email with the information in this thread and find out how much he charges.

It seems like a big deal going to another country for treatment but I suppose it is better than wasting money on treatments that don't work.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/15/2020 10:38 pm

15 hours ago, sunkenscarhelp said:

I'll send him an email with the information in this thread and find out how much he charges.

It seems like a big deal going to another country for treatment but I suppose it is better than wasting money on treatments that don't work.

I agree. It is a big deal. But who should I go to in the UK? Maybe only Dr Anil is good because he offers good treatments like subcision with filler and tca cross which seem to work. But he doesn't offer rf needling like Dr Emil. I'd rather go to him than waste time and money on other doctors.

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/22/2020 10:38 am

On 10/16/2020 at 4:38 AM, BlueMaloney said:

I agree. It is a big deal. But who should I go to in the UK? Maybe only Dr Anil is good because he offers good treatments like subcision with filler and tca cross which seem to work. But he doesn't offer rf needling like Dr Emil. I'd rather go to him than waste time and money on other doctors.

I will enquire with the following clinics as well

https://www.sknclinics.co.uk/treatments-and-pricing/sculptra

https://www.dermaskin.co.uk/treatments/sculptra/

https://skindoctorclinics.co.uk/face/lines-and-wrinkles/sculptra.php

https://www.skinmedical.co.uk/anti-ageing-treatments/sculptra/

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/22/2020 11:10 am

32 minutes ago, sunkenscarhelp said:

Thank you. All good but I get the impression that those are not scar experts but cosmetic dermatologists treating wrinkles.

MemberMember
(@fabrunnermail-com)

Posted : 10/23/2020 9:49 am

22 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

Thank you. All good but I get the impression that those are not scar experts but cosmetic dermatologists treating wrinkles.

Yeah they most likely use nurses to administer rather than consultants.

I've decided against sculptra. I was doing research last night and there were too many horror stories for me to ignore. I'm not willing to take a risk with it but I'm still desperate to sort out these scars.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/23/2020 6:04 pm

8 hours ago, sunkenscarhelp said:

Yeah they most likely use nurses to administer rather than consultants.

I've decided against sculptra. I was doing research last night and there were too many horror stories for me to ignore. I'm not willing to take a risk with it but I'm still desperate to sort out these scars.

Nothing against nurses but I trust only professionals with my skin.

Yeah, Sculptra is a bit controversial. Try Radiesse with Dr Emil if you like.