Notifications
Clear all

SEVERE Scar help please

MemberMember
(@laura-muellereuromoneyplc-com)

Posted : 10/07/2020 9:56 am

Hey,

I have had success with subsiscion, infini and genius. I have rolling scars, no ice picks and some box car scarring. 

What now? I am running out of options. I am considering co2, the 1980s laser as a a few doctors still do that and ultra pulse Co2. I dont have deep scarring but my texture is terrible. I tried to take the picture with a light above me so it would capture the scarring in the worst possible light to show the damage.

Thank you.

Thanks

20200927_184712.jpg

20200927_184649.jpg

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/07/2020 10:11 am

this is not severe

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 10/07/2020 12:24 pm

My unprofessional opinion would be filler for the major depressions still left and then peels for texture. Like the other users said, your scars dont look too bad though.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/07/2020 1:36 pm

3 hours ago, Hatemyskin75 said:

What now? I am running out of options. I am considering co2, the 1980s laser as a a few doctors still do that and ultra pulse Co2. I dont have deep scarring but my texture is terrible. I tried to take the picture with a light above me so it would capture the scarring in the worst possible light to show the damage.

You need only two things IMO. TCA to even out the texture and dermal filler to raise the pit.

MemberMember
(@lakerzlato248gmail-com)

Posted : 10/07/2020 3:40 pm

You're going to need more rounds of subcision.

MemberMember

Posted : 10/07/2020 6:59 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I hate this battle and am running out of options. It is helpful to hear suggestions as this fight is an expensive one!

MemberMember

Posted : 10/07/2020 8:19 pm

I wouldn't wish this battle on anyone. Even though I hold a respectable position in a science-basedfield, I have had colleagues comment on my skin at social "cocktail" gatherings. I do a lot of public speaking (pre covid)

"What the f*** happen to your complexion" was the most recent comment? Even though I know my worth academically, my skin, in an second, can reduce me.I just want to try and make it better. That is my nature, to try...

Jck17, Candy Says, squeezeMcQueen and 1 people liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/08/2020 1:10 pm

On 10/7/2020 at 4:56 PM, Hatemyskin75 said:

Hey,

I have had success with subsiscion, infini and genius. I have rolling scars, no ice picks and some box car scarring. 

Thank you.

Thanks

20200927_184712.jpg

20200927_184649.jpg

How many subcisions and infini/ genius treatments have you had? Have you maxed these treatment options out? If you already have, you can try ablative lasers. They are supposed to be good for rolling scars. Ultrapulse by Lumenis is one of the better choices. TCA peels for texture. Maybe semi-permanent fillers like Sculptra, Voluma, Radiesse. 

Where did you have your treatments? Where are you planning to get the Ultrapulse? 

Your scars don't look bad at all. Yes, they are not invisible, but they are not bad. Did you have satisfactory improvement from subcision and rf microneedling? I've gone the subcision and filler route so far with average results and I'm interested in the Genius RF next  

MemberMember

Posted : 10/08/2020 7:56 pm

@BlueMaloney, hey I had three infini and genius two years apart. I have had three 3 subsiscion treatments.

MemberMember
(@dilyana-cvetkovaweb-de)

Posted : 10/09/2020 1:44 am

My scarring is similar to yours. It's not deep, it's more textural issues with rolling scars. You can do co2 lasers to smooth the skin. At least that's what I'm planning to do: raise the scars with subcision and infini, and then sand down the edgesas much as possible with co2 laser because infini won't do a thing on the skin surface. You need some kind of resurfacing.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/09/2020 10:31 pm

On 10/9/2020 at 2:56 AM, Hatemyskin75 said:

@BlueMaloney, hey I had three infini and genius two years apart. I have had three 3 subsiscion treatments.

Were they done as a combination treatmentSubcision and Infini or Genius? According to Dr Weiner for rf microneedling to work any tethers should be cut through subcision.