Notifications
Clear all

Question about acne scars

MemberMember
(@ongstationgmail-com)

Posted : 10/06/2020 6:17 pm

Hello!

I been lurking in this website for quite some time and it help me a lot, Igot a couple of question Ihope you can help me out

1.i had done 2 subcision before and the doctor put a bit of HA filler,for it not to tether. then i did an genius rf im a bit scared bec the doctor use 3mm needles, will that cause me fat loss? BTW mydoctold me it's ok because men have thicker skin (dermis)

2. i heard doing a sculptra then rf will help me stimulate more collagen, i ask my doctor about this, sadly sculptra is not available in our country he recommed me with (PLLA) known as Ganafill. i would love to hear your opinion about it.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/06/2020 8:20 pm

1 hour ago, AsianScar said:

1.i had done 2 subcision before and the doctor put a bit of HA filler,for it not to tether. then i did an genius rf im a bit scared bec the doctor use 3mm needles, will that cause me fat loss? BTW mydoctold me it's ok because men have thicker skin (dermis)

Did you get all three treatments on the same day or were they spaced out?

3.0 mm is usually recommended for stretch marks and other bodily blemishes. I would not use anything longer than 2.5 mm on the face. Will it cause fat atrophy? Well, it's hard to say. It's possible but not always.

1 hour ago, AsianScar said:

2. i heard doing a sculptra then rf will help me stimulate more collagen, i ask my doctor about this, sadly sculptra is not available in our country he recommed me with (PLLA) known as Ganafill. i would love to hear your opinion about it.

This is true. A study came out earlier this year indicating this to be the case.

PLLA stands for "Poly-L-Lactic Acid" and Sculptra belongs to this family of fillers.

Genefill, however, is an hyaluronic filler, not PLLA.

MemberMember
(@ongstationgmail-com)

Posted : 10/07/2020 4:18 am

7 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Did you get all three treatments on the same day or were they spaced out?

3.0 mm is usually recommended for stretch marks and other bodily blemishes. I would not use anything longer than 2.5 mm on the face. Will it cause fat atrophy? Well, it's hard to say. It's possible but not always.

This is true. A study came out earlier this year indicating this to be the case.

PLLA stands for "Poly-L-Lactic Acid" and Sculptra belongs to this family of fillers.

Genefill, however, is an hyaluronic filler, not PLLA.

1.1st subcision with HA filler. then after 3 months another subcision with HA, 6 weeks after was my Genius needling.

2. im from philippines what PLLA do you recommend? sculptra is not available in our country

3. i'll try to upload pics of my scar soon. insights is really appreciated

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/07/2020 1:27 pm

8 hours ago, AsianScar said:

2. im from philippines what PLLA do you recommend? sculptra is not available in our country

You can tryRadiesse. Both Radiesse and Sculptra are biostimulators that stimulate collagen production. However, they're made of different properties and they don't give the same appearance. For example, the immediate result is noticeably different between the two. Radiess, like HA fillers, is a volumizer and the result is immediately visible. Sculptra, on the other hand, is not a volumizer. You don't see any immediate effect as it gets absorbed by the tissues. The volume will be seen gradually over the next 6 months as collagen is made.

Note: there is a downside to both Radiesse and Sculptra. They're not reversible.