Notifications
Clear all

need help identifying scarring and best treatment options

MemberMember
(@jameslovesbarcelonagmail-com)

Posted : 09/29/2020 9:17 pm

would my scarring be considered moderate or severe? 

would I be better off with subcision or laser treatment? I dont really see any other option for me because of how bad the texture of my skin is. I really dont wanna do fillers because the idea of injecting anything into my face just makes me uncomfortable. also I'd like to identify what kind of scarring this is? rolling or boxcar? also some scarring isnt visible from a straight on angle but is visible from a bottom up angle which really shows how bad the texture is. I honestly have lost most of my will to go out and do things its just been weighing me down no matter how much I try to just not think about it. sometimes I wanna snap. but i know this is nothing to lose it over considering there are people with real tragedies in their lives. I've dealt with this for 5 years and I'm just about at that point where I wanna just give up. and girls have pretty much been non existent for me because I simply wont even try all my confidence is gone and I use to be such a talker with girls in high school now I cant keep eye contact. if I need to put up better photos really showing off the scars please let me know I'll take em right away 

20200929_191421.jpg

20200929_191200.jpg

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 09/29/2020 11:26 pm

Not sure about the treatments youd need but your scars are not bad at all. Mild-moderate maybe. Definitely not severe.

MemberMember

Posted : 09/29/2020 11:47 pm

maybe the pictures dont do them justice when you get indirect light you can see deep shadows. I'd really like to know whether or not laser is even worth it because from what I've read subcision is best for deep scarring and I also read laser can for a lack of better words show your aging because you quite literally burn the top layer of skin off

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/29/2020 11:54 pm

2 hours ago, oznob said:

would my scarring be considered moderate or severe? also I'd like to identify what kind of scarring this is? rolling or boxcar?

The one on your left cheek closer to the ear is medium-grade boxcar. Others appear to be moderate rolling scars with a few boxcars thrown in. But to be precise, I need to see the side profile. Can you take another snap using the angle-lighting method as written below.

2 hours ago, oznob said:

would I be better off with subcision or laser treatment?

Subcision is better suited for severe scars, and I don't believe you will see much improvement. Ablative laser can be considered, but not sure how effective that alone will be in ironing out the texture. Since your scars are not widespread and most don't display hard edges, I think you should highly consider injecting filler. This will supplement the missing collagen that is creating the undulation. You then can either get laser or TCA to resurface the texture. For now, you can start with temporary fillers and then move to permanent filler later should you like the result.

In the future, consider taking a picture using the angle-lighting approach like the one shown in the picture below. This will create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation. This can be done by pointing a bright light perpendicular to the angle of the lens. So if you're shooting the side of the face, you would point the light from either the front or the back of the face.

image.png.e235ad914ccddcb765af7612633aeacc.png

MemberMember

Posted : 09/30/2020 12:48 am

20200930_004614.jpg

20200930_004609.jpg

20200930_004435.jpg

20200930_004450.jpg

20200930_004606.jpg

tried to get the side profile with the lighting you suggested I really appreciate the feedback I'm squeamish about injecting my face would that really be the best thing to do first for my type of scars? 

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/30/2020 1:18 am

14 minutes ago, oznob said:

tried to get the side profile with the lighting you suggested I really appreciate the feedback I'm squeamish about injecting my face would that really be the best thing to do first for my type of scars?

These new photos tell me the scars are a bit more severe than before and more numerous. Moreover, they look tethered and subcision, in such a case, is a must. Several rounds of TCA to even out the texture would not be a bad thing either. Also I highly recommend fillers. No amount of treatment can replace the missing collagen you show and, truth be told, it will be the fastest way to conceal the scar. Don't misunderstand filler to mean a spacer used after subcision as a buffer to prevent re-tethering. I mean a full filler job to volumize the pits.

On a side note, since you mentionedsubcision and laser in your earlier post, I assume you're not completely new to the subject of acne scar revision. It's very important that you equip yourself with proper knowledge before starting this long journey to recovery. Otherwise, you will get fleeced, mentally, emotionally and financially. Try to read up on the latest technology and how various scars react to different treatments. In another word, know what you're up against by empowering yourself with knowledge.