Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneScarGuy

My experience with INFINI RF

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I had INFINI RF in 2017 twice. I paid the price, so learn from my mistake.

Not surprised. Subcision is for deep scars and RF Microneedling is for superficial scars.

For the most part, deeper scars are usually tethered, shallower scars are not. Hence the need for subcision with severe scars.

It's also worth noting that you can only make so much collagen, even with the help of RF Microneedling. So who would you believe will benefit the most from Infini, one with deep scars or one with lighter scars? Latter, of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I had INFINI RF in 2017 twice. I paid the price, so learn from my mistake.

 

I had Infini as well. My scars are much different than yours but I didn't see noticeable results. Consult with another doctor. Like others, I suggest trying subcision. It's cheaper and the downtime is very minimal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amanda Hall said:

I had Infini as well. My scars are much different than yours but I didn't see noticeable results. Consult with another doctor. Like others, I suggest trying subcision. It's cheaper and the downtime is very minimal.

I did subcision AFTER and it was successful. I just put this up as a warning to people.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a round of subcision and Infini RF and I had dramatic results. Hard to believe but Improvement was there 6 weeks after the treatment. Maybe it's just my skin but I've never had a treatment that has worked better. All my family and friends tell me so. 

18 hours ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I had INFINI RF in 2017 twice. I paid the price, so learn from my mistake.

 

Do you know what settings were used? Lower settings don't give as good results as higher settings. If you have pale skin, Fitzpatrick I or II it's worth it cause the higher settings will give you good improvement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

I had Infini as well. My scars are much different than yours but I didn't see noticeable results. Consult with another doctor. Like others, I suggest trying subcision. It's cheaper and the downtime is very minimal.

If you had infini with 20-30mj chances are you will not see as dramatic inprovement as with 60-70mj. It also depends on your age. People in their 20es see better results than people in their 30es or older. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vika88 said:

I've had a round of subcision and Infini RF and I had dramatic results. Hard to believe but Improvement was there 6 weeks after the treatment. Maybe it's just my skin but I've never had a treatment that has worked better. All my family and friends tell me so. 

Do you know what settings were used? Lower settings don't give as good results as higher settings. If you have pale skin, Fitzpatrick I or II it's worth it cause the higher settings will give you good improvement.

Pictures or it never happened.

And your improvements could be dued to subcision and not INFINI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vika88 said:

If you had infini with 20-30mj chances are you will not see as dramatic inprovement as with 60-70mj. It also depends on your age. People in their 20es see better results than people in their 30es or older. 

High Energy like that can cause fat loss if it is delivered to deep...

22 hours ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I had INFINI RF in 2017 twice. I paid the price, so learn from my mistake.

 

Yeah, your scars were definitely tethered hence subcision working so well. Which leads to INFINI before subcision being unsuccessful since the tethers need to be severed before you deliver energy and try to stimulate collagen production. All this is in theory of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaraTheGerman said:

High Energy like that can cause fat loss if it is delivered to deep...

Yeah, your scars were definitely tethered hence subcision working so well. Which leads to INFINI before subcision being unsuccessful since the tethers need to be severed before you deliver energy and try to stimulate collagen production. All this is in theory of course.

My doctor told me that it is not the high energy that can harm the deeper skin but the needle length. Not sure what he needle length he chose, I'll have to see. Now months later I don't see any volume loss. Shouldn't I have seen it immediately if there were fat loss? 

3 hours ago, AcneScarGuy said:

Pictures or it never happened.

And your improvements could be dued to subcision and not INFINI.

It could be but I've had microneedling before, I've had subcision and filler before and I saw improvement from subcision plus infini like nothing before. It could be just me because I'm young and the settings were high. I don't know. I don't feel comfortable posting my face on public forums, i hope you understand. I just wanted to share my experience and tell you that in my case this treatment improved my scars. It's really worth it if you have fair skin and can get high intensity settings. 

Edited by Vika88
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 6:24 PM, AcneScarGuy said:

I had INFINI RF in 2017 twice. I paid the price, so learn from my mistake.

 

I just saw your vid again and wanted to tell you that I had 3 passes not just one, with different energy settings and different needle length each time. Maybe that's why it worked better idk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vika88 said:

I just saw your vid again and wanted to tell you that I had 3 passes not just one, with different energy settings and different needle length each time. Maybe that's why it worked better idk.

 

27 minutes ago, Vika88 said:

My doctor told me that it is not the high energy that can harm the deeper skin but the needle length. Not sure what he needle length he chose, I'll have to ask. Now months later I don't see any volume loss. Shouldn't I have seen it immediately if there were fat loss? 

It could be but I've had microneedling before, I've had subcision and filler before and I saw improvement from subcision plus infini like nothing before. It could be just me because I'm young and the settings were high. I don't know. I don't feel comfortable posting my face on public forums, i hope you understand. I just wanted to share my experience and tell you that in my case this treatment improved my scars. It's really worth it if you have fair skin and can get high intensity settings. 

You refused to acknowledge that subcision could be the main reason for the improvement and kept talking about how good INFINI is, harping that INFINI is gave you "improvement like never before"

You refused to provide pictures when you can really not show your face with your post by blurring, and you did not give evidence of your improvement. We have no basis of comparison.

I have done enough research to know that the high intensity you recommend has high chance of causing fat loss. Needle by itself is a physical instrument and cannot cause fat loss unlike energy device. Your doctor, if he exist and real, has misinformed you.

Thus, I conclude that your review from a newly created account is unreliable and potentially fake until further evidence is provided. Thank you for sharing, but it is unappreciated because it cannot be verified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

 

You refused to acknowledge that subcision could be the main reason for the improvement and kept talking about how good INFINI is, harping that INFINI is gave you "improvement like never before"

You refused to provide pictures when you can really not show your face with your post by blurring, and you did not give evidence of your improvement. We have no basis of comparison.

I have done enough research to know that the high intensity you recommend has high chance of causing fat loss. Needle by itself is a physical instrument and cannot cause fat loss unlike energy device. Your doctor, if he exist and real, has misinformed you.

Thus, I conclude that your review from a newly created account is unreliable and potentially fake until further evidence is provided. Thank you for sharing, but it is unappreciated because it cannot be verified.

Calm down , i saw improvement from MRF too believe it or not i dont care , and she is right incorrect lenght of needles can cause energy delivered too deep and into fat layer and fat loss not energy itself , you re becoming rather aggresive here no one wants that , and Yes i believe you had bad exp from MRF , it can happen to anybody , and with bad dr that doesnt know what he s doing the chances something goes terrible wrong are high with any treatment , especialy with energy devices like lasers or Infini 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

 

You refused to acknowledge that subcision could be the main reason for the improvement and kept talking about how good INFINI is, harping that INFINI is gave you "improvement like never before"

You refused to provide pictures when you can really not show your face with your post by blurring, and you did not give evidence of your improvement. We have no basis of comparison.

I have done enough research to know that the high intensity you recommend has high chance of causing fat loss. Needle by itself is a physical instrument and cannot cause fat loss unlike energy device. Your doctor, if he exist and real, has misinformed you.

Thus, I conclude that your review from a newly created account is unreliable and potentially fake until further evidence is provided. Thank you for sharing, but it is unappreciated because it cannot be verified.

Why are you being so negative and aggressive? Believe me or don't believe me, I truly don't care. You cannot be so prejudiced not to acknowledge that everybody's skin and healing abilities are different and what doesn't help you can help others. I registered only recently because I need advice for my rosacea. What does my newly registered status have to do with it? Not everybody is comfortable with sharing photos and videos of their scars like you. I'm sharing my experience, it's hands down the best treatment I've got so far this combination treatment of sub plus infini. I'm not denying that improvement can be the result of subcision but I also wrote why infini might work better in my case than in yours. Age, high settings, more passes. I'm sorry you didn't get improvement but that doesn't mean nobody else will. I'm not the only one who's seen good results from rf microneedling. Gees. I don't have fat loss. I'm sorry you got it.

Edited by Vika88
Typos
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 3 passes - 2.2mm length 70mj, 1.8mm 70mj, 1.5mm 70mj. My fair and young skin allowed it and now months later I don't have any fat loss.

One more thing for those who don't think I'm lying. I had previously dermapen with 1.5 mm needle length, maybe it wasn't enough but the doctos was of the opinion that higher lengths would damage the skin, he was a bit conservative. I have read that its not the rf that causes fat loss, it's the length of the needle because you can get fat loss from rolling with a 3mm needle alone without any rf or from lasers going too deep.

Edited by Vika88
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Interesting theory from Dr Weiner - he believes that RF energy travels along the tethers and can worsen the scars by causing collagen contraction. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miro said:

Calm down , i saw improvement from MRF too believe it or not i dont care , and she is right incorrect lenght of needles can cause energy delivered too deep and into fat layer and fat loss not energy itself , you re becoming rather aggresive here no one wants that , and Yes i believe you had bad exp from MRF , it can happen to anybody , and with bad dr that doesnt know what he s doing the chances something goes terrible wrong are high with any treatment , especialy with energy devices like lasers or Infini 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4950457/

I was stating needle without energy should not cause fat loss. And RF has been used widely for fat reduction.

I have done enough research on MRF to refute misinformation. I stated how INFINI RF should be effectively done in my video and the risk which doctors rarely advise people. The benefit is often oversold, too.

Anyway, requesting for evidence is a logical thing to do and stating my disbelief due to lack of evidence is not aggression. 

I shall consolidate the harm INFINI RF caused and lack of result, from various forums, for my next video. It would be good for awareness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, AcneScarGuy said:

 

You refused to acknowledge that subcision could be the main reason for the improvement and kept talking about how good INFINI is, harping that INFINI is gave you "improvement like never before"

You refused to provide pictures when you can really not show your face with your post by blurring, and you did not give evidence of your improvement. We have no basis of comparison.

I have done enough research to know that the high intensity you recommend has high chance of causing fat loss. Needle by itself is a physical instrument and cannot cause fat loss unlike energy device. Your doctor, if he exist and real, has misinformed you.

Thus, I conclude that your review from a newly created account is unreliable and potentially fake until further evidence is provided. Thank you for sharing, but it is unappreciated because it cannot be verified.

You get fat loss when you go deep enough to hit the fat layer no matter the device. Even if you puncture it with the dermaroller needles you'll get too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlueMaloney said:

You get fat loss when you go deep enough to hit the fat layer no matter the device. Even if you puncture it with the dermaroller needles you'll get too.

I cannot find evidence online to support that, unfortunately. Puncture to the adipose tissue is not supposed to result in that, else we can all lose weight by poking ourselves. Perhaps it is not significant enough for fat loss by derma roller to be registered a risk? But RF causing fat loss is well documented.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I cannot find evidence online to support that, unfortunately. Puncture to the adipose tissue is not supposed to result in that, else we can all lose weight by poking ourselves. Perhaps it is not significant enough for fat loss by derma roller to be registered a risk? But RF causing fat loss is well documented.

Ask any diabetic patients who chronically inject insulins and they'll tell you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4950457/

I was stating needle without energy should not cause fat loss. And RF has been used widely for fat reduction.

I have done enough research on MRF to refute misinformation. I stated how INFINI RF should be effectively done in my video and the risk which doctors rarely advise people. The benefit is often oversold, too.

Anyway, requesting for evidence is a logical thing to do and stating my disbelief due to lack of evidence is not aggression. 

I shall consolidate the harm INFINI RF caused and lack of result, from various forums, for my next video. It would be good for awareness.

You are comparing apples with oranges with your link. It's about the intended effect of fat reduction in abdominal areas using rf, they are discussing depths in terms of centimeters (!). Sure. It you intentionally hit the fat you'll destroy it. Rf microneedling like Infini is intended to improve acne scars on the face, to get as deep as the outer layers only in order to avoid touching the fat layer. That's why maximum depths of 2.5mm or 3mm are allowed to make sure you don't touch the fat layer. It's milimeters (!) we are talking about. At least that's what I read back then when I did my research. It's also what the doctor said. Most doctors don't go as deep just to be on the safe side. 

I don't know what research you've done but claiming everybody gets fat loss after infini because you did is ridiculous. When are you supposed to get it? After how many weeks or months? Because I still haven't. 

Edited by Vika88
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Ask any diabetic patients who chronically inject insulins and they'll tell you.

I stand corrected in that aspect. That would be serious damage over a period of time.

Edit : I just asked my diabetic friend of 3 years, he said no fat loss at sight for the moment but he rotate the injection sites. Maybe an outlier. But i believe extensive damage would destroy the tissue.

12 minutes ago, Vika88 said:

You are comparing apples with oranges with your link. It's about the intended effect of fat reduction in abdominal areas using rf, they are discussing depths in terms of centimeters (!). Sure. It you intentionally hit the fat you'll destroy it. Rf microneedling like Infini is intended to improve acne scars on the face, to get as deep as the outer layers only in order to avoid touching the fat layer. That's why maximum depths of 2.5mm or 3mm are allowed to make sure you don't touch the fat layer. It's milimeters (!) we are talking about. At least that's what I read back then when I did my research. It's also what the doctor said. Most doctors don't go as deep just to be on the safe side. 

I don't know what research you've done but claiming everybody gets fat loss after infini because you did is ridiculous. When are you supposed to get it? After how many weeks or months? Because I still haven't. 

You have no idea what risk means. It means probability. That means 1 in 10 or 1 in 1000. You can say things like people heal differently, but strawman me into saying I claim everyone suffer from fat loss. 

Edited by AcneScarGuy
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I cannot find evidence online to support that, unfortunately. Puncture to the adipose tissue is not supposed to result in that, else we can all lose weight by poking ourselves. Perhaps it is not significant enough for fat loss by derma roller to be registered a risk? But RF causing fat loss is well documented.

Ok, when according to medical literature there is no risk of destroying the adipose tissue using dermarollers, then why don't doctors microneedle with 3mm needles? The needle length in dermapens is easily adjustable. What's stopping them?

People, you can't compare rf energy or diebetic needles that go CENTIMETERS deep into the skin with devices that go as deep ay s few MILIMETERS and then say medical literature shows there's a risk rf energy causes fat loss in the treatment of acne scars. It's not how science works. 

It's truly unfortunate that you suffered fat loss. I hope you can get fillers or fat transfer, but I remember that needle length up to 2.5mm should be safe in people with normally thick skin. I'll have to look it up just to be sure. 

26 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I stand corrected in that aspect. That would be serious damage over a period of time.

Edit : I just asked my diabetic friend of 3 years, he said no fat loss at sight for the moment but he rotate the injection sites. Maybe an outlier. But i believe extensive damage would destroy the tissue.

You have no idea what risk means. It means probability. That means 1 in 10 or 1 in 1000. You can say things like people heal differently, but strawman me into saying I claim everyone suffer from fat loss. 

I know very well what risk means but can you show us a study that states rf microneedling in acne scar correction has a risk of 1:1000 of causing facial fat loss? 

You say rf microneeding causes fat loss is well documented but it's a study about its INTENTIONAL use for fat reduction in the abdomen, not about side effects of rf in the treatment of acne scars. 

Edited by Vika88
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Vika88 said:

Ok, when according to medical literature there is no risk of destroying the adipose tissue using dermarollers, then why don't doctors microneedle with 3mm needles? The needle length in dermapens is easily adjustable. What's stopping them?

People, you can't compare rf energy or diebetic needles that go CENTIMETERS deep into the skin with devices that go as deep ay s few MILIMETERS and then say medical literature shows there's a risk rf energy causes fat loss in the treatment of acne scars. It's not how science works. 

It's truly unfortunate that you suffered fat loss. I hope you can get fillers or fat transfer, but I remember that needle length up to 2.5mm should be safe in people with normally thick skin. I'll have to look it up just to be sure. 

I know very well what risk means but can you show us a study that states rf microneedling in acne scar correction has a risk of 1:1000 of causing facial fat loss? 

You say rf microneeding causes fat loss is well documented but it's a study about its INTENTIONAL use for fat reduction in the abdomen, not about side effects of rf in the treatment of acne scars. 

There is a difference between no risk, and neligible risk. I said the risk may not be sigificant enough.

Anyway, the burden of proof is on you, you do know that, right?

For all reading this,

do google search for INFINI RF and fat loss. And it would be up to you to believe this fair skin young guy/girl who said MRF give him/her "improvement like never before" without pictures.

I have no vested interest in INFINI RF, so let me know if this subject is interesting enough because I have a lot of material. Would be fun in my free time.

My objective is for you guys here to spend use the most efficient, economical and safest way to treat your acne scars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

There is a difference between no risk, and neligible risk. I said the risk may not be sigificant enough.

Anyway, the burden of proof is on you, you do know that, right?

For all reading this,

do google search for INFINI RF and fat loss. And it would be up to you to believe this fair skin young guy/girl who said MRF give him/her "improvement like never before" without pictures.

I have no vested interest in INFINI RF, so let me know if this subject is interesting enough because I have a lot of material. Would be fun in my free time.

My objective is for you guys here to spend use the most efficient, economical and safest way to treat your acne scars.

If the risk is negligible, why aren't doctors microneedling with 3mm needles? 

You claim fat loss from rf microneedling is well-documented. Where?? I thought you did extensive research. Don't direct people to Google now.

I don't have to proove anything to you or to anybody else. Believe me or don't believe me. I don't care.  I've found a treatment that has given me noticeable results, and yes, better than all treatments before. I've done 1 session, 2 more to go. I've already found the right path on the scar correction journey for me. Now I'm interested in how I can get my mild rosacea under control.

I posted only because I had completely different experience with sub and infini than you. 

Edited by Vika88
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×