Notifications
Clear all

Why does only Doxycyline works for my acne?

MemberMember
(@precious-njokgmail-com)

Posted : 09/24/2020 11:18 am

Hello everyone. My name is Precious, I'm a 24 year old male with acne since 16.

I've tried a lot of products while growing up. The problem is, only Doxycyline seems to keep my acne under control, and I've used doxycyline for about 2 months now

Should I keep taking doxycyline and for how long ahould I continue taking it?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 09/24/2020 10:36 pm

oh, if that works for you perhapsit will work for me too.. is doxycycline available over the counter?

MemberMember
(@precious-njokgmail-com)

Posted : 09/28/2020 5:50 pm

I know doxycyline works.. But the problem is how long should I be placed on it?

On 9/25/2020 at 4:36 AM, milkysweet said:

oh, if that works for you perhapsit will work for me too.. is doxycycline available over the counter?

Have you tired other medications?

MemberMember
(@rapharapha)

Posted : 10/17/2020 5:14 pm

Based on the fact that you are 24 and acne since 16 you will get acne back immediately after stopping Doxycicline. This is only a temporarily solution (works as long as you take it). I take a similar medication Minocycline which has worked wonders during the period of taking. But after a year or two the bacteria are likely to develop resistance so the drug will stop working.

That's why Accutane is preferred, it has the potential to permanently heal or reduce acne.But to me it ruins my skin by overdrying it which gets me permanent cracks and permanent wrinkles.

One thing that also works great for me is "amoxicillin + clavulanic acid" antibiotic. But it is usually taken only for a week or two. Immediately clears acne, which then return after 2 weeks. Underpriced drug for acne. Works miracles.