Notifications
Clear all

Low SHBG and High Free Testosterone. What could it be?

MemberMember
(@omii)

Posted : 09/23/2020 11:54 am

Hello everyone.

I am a 27 year old woman. I had some blood test done as I have cysticacne and I have gained so much weight for no reason in the last few months, weight that is difficult to loose and variesso much from one day to another. The results show a low SHBG with 1.5 when it should be >1.8 and also high Free Testosterone with a value of 160 when it should have been somewhere between 32-129. Any ideas what it could be?

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 09/23/2020 8:47 pm

Did a doctor mention the possibility of PCOS? It can look different person to person. I have it and found that my blood sugar was affected and it made me acne worse when I had too much sugar. Birth control, metformin, spironolactone are the usualprescriptions for it. Thereare videos of how to naturally address it too. Im on the medication I mentioned butlow carb, Berberine, zincpillsand spearmint tea twice a dayhas helped me as well.

The only topical thats helped me is Dapsone gel as a spot treatment when you see the spots appearing.

MemberMember
(@omii)

Posted : 09/24/2020 5:10 am

Thank you for your help hlp334.

Yes, I was told I might had itand I was also told to take myo-inositol but it made my acne worse.I had to take Contraceptive Pills for one month as my face was getting too bad but I will try and go natural again from next month.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 09/24/2020 5:19 pm

12 hours ago, Omii said:

Thank you for your help hlp334.

Yes, I was told I might had itand I was also told to take myo-inositol but it made my acne worse.I had to take Contraceptive Pills for one month as my face was getting too bad but I will try and go natural again from next month.

Im not against the pill in treating acne at all, it just depends on your path! Are you looking to get pregnant soon or do you get bad side effects that make you not want to go on it?

There was a post a couple months ago talking about how weening off of birth control helped their acne to not come back worse after getting of the pill. I cant find it but believe it was something like taking half a pill one dayand therest of the days thenormal 1 pill amount, then half a pill every 3 days, then so on until you slowly come off of it. I would google it as Im sure theres different patterns people go off of it. Weening off like this is probably what I will do when I decide to get off of it!

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 09/24/2020 10:44 pm

yeah, coz it may vary from person to person.