Notifications
Clear all

What should be my next treatment?

MemberMember
(@evavskoalagmail-com)

Posted : 09/07/2020 10:54 am

I had subcision+filler on my temple and chin 5 days ago

Still bruised and bit of swelling 7but i think it did help my tethered scar on chin but the temple area not so much :((unfortunately i don't have before picture. Texture wise it actually looks slightly worse than before since there are shallow lumps from the treatment)

what should be my next treatment?

should i go for another session of subcision? 

I'm keen on Venus viva because it costs only 200 euro where I live(infini is twice more expensive) and im not sure if I should go for any laser treatment now 

20200907_174134.jpg.c0654abe72816d0cca87a57e1c15ed09.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/07/2020 5:44 pm

6 hours ago, Tory said:

Still bruised and bit of swelling 7but i think it did help my tethered scar on chin but the temple area not so much :((unfortunately i don't have before picture. Texture wise it actually looks slightly worse than before since there are shallow lumps from the treatment)

what should be my next treatment?

should i go for another session of subcision? 

It's far too early in the game to decide what to do next. I would wait until the swelling goes down first and evaluate. That can take up to 2-3 months. Also keep in mind that the temples and the forehead are the most difficult areas to treat. The sheer lack of cushion in those areas makes it challenging. As such, subcision isn't so effective. If scars aren't severe and they're not numerous, then you could get by with fillers. Otherwise, TCA of various strength will be helpful.

MemberMember
(@evavskoalagmail-com)

Posted : 09/07/2020 5:56 pm

7 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's far too early in the game to decide what to do next. I would wait until the swelling goes down first and evaluate. That can take up to 2-3 months. Also keep in mind that the temples and the forehead are the most difficult areas to treat. The sheer lack of cushion in those areas makes it challenging. As such, subcision isn't so effective. If scars aren't severe and they're not numerous, then you could get by with fillers. Otherwise, TCA of various strength will be helpful.

According to the derm who performed subcision, my scars on temple area are considered shallow but he told me that I wouldn't benefit much from TCA cross since i don't really have ice pick scars :/

he also recommended me to get mixto laser treatment but that's fully ablative laser and I'm not so sure if I'm ready for that now since the subcision i had was the first acne scar treatment i tried.

Maybe you're right although swelling is almost gone(my chin is still pretty swollen or idk if it's just the filler) it's a little too early to make a judgment now.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/07/2020 6:24 pm

11 minutes ago, Tory said:

According to the derm who performed subcision, my scars on temple area are considered shallow but he told me that I wouldn't benefit much from TCA cross since i don't really have ice pick scars :/

That's a typical textbook answer you hear from doctors and you really can't blame them. Doctors prefer to stick to the rule book not only to save face but to avoid lawsuits. However, from my own experience, TCA Cross is effective not only for icepicks but boxcars and even rolling scars as well.

17 minutes ago, Tory said:

he also recommended me to get mixto laser treatment but that's fully ablative laser and I'm not so sure if I'm ready for that now since the subcision i had was the first acne scar treatment i tried.

Actually, Mixto is a fractional CO2. But, by today's standard, it's considered really old-school. It's been around for a long time. That's not to say it can't be beneficial for your scars, even though I think there is a better laser than Mixto on the market.

23 minutes ago, Tory said:

Maybe you're right although swelling is almost gone(my chin is still pretty swollen or idk if it's just the filler) it's a little too early to make a judgment now.

Be wary of doctors who advise you to repeat treatments every 6-8 weeks. Collagen stimulation alone takes about 4 weeks and it takes up to 6 months to see its full impact. I recommend at least 3 months between treatments.