Notifications
Clear all

Can anyone tell me what happened with beautifulambition?

MemberMember
(@sarah2921)

Posted : 09/06/2020 1:12 pm

Hi, I've lurked and gathered information from this forum for years, and was in the process of using beautifulambition's extensive scar FAQ guide to put together a plan to address my own scarring. However, I just checked today, and that entire post is now gone. I heard on Reddit somewherethat beautifulambition is now offering his consultation services via an acne scar website, but I don't see that site mentioned anywhere on this forum, and when I've tried PMing beautifulambition, I get an error saying that that user cannot receive direct messages. He also doesn't seem to have posted here in quite some time. What happened? Were his posts were removed for some reason? Is the acne scar consultation site really him, or is it just someone using his name and brand to scam people? Or did he just get (understandably) tired of doing all this for free, and took down his megapost so that he could have that information funneled only through his private site? If he and the site arelegit, I'd like to take advantage of the services he offers, but I need to have some of this info confirmed first. Any information would be appreciated! (Edit: sorry, didn't realize links to outside sites weren't allowed! Hopefully this is now clear enough without violating any rules.)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/06/2020 1:40 pm

I can only speculate, but he disappeared right after Davin Lim mentioned him in his video and praisedhim for all his good work to help out those in need of treatment. That seems utterlydisingenuous, don't you think? One would think he will get all fired up and do even more. After all, he was super active on here up to that time. Did he perhaps have an ulterior motive, like capitalize on his newly found fame? I don't know. Like I said above, it's all speculation.

PTAA liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/06/2020 1:51 pm

He began to sell His advice and stopped doing it for free

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/06/2020 2:59 pm

Well, is the OP here to find BA or is she here to indirectly advertise BA's new website?Maybe Sarah is BA in disguise.

Frankly, I didn't even know BA started his own gig. Isn't that called conflict of interest?

But it doesn't surprise me that he would profit by ridingon the coattails of Davin Limbecause BA and Lim were real chummies. BA had always recommended the EXACTLY THE SAME TREATMENTS as Lim. It's no wonder Lim loved him so much.

At any rate, I wish BA all the success on his new endeavor.

Dodgerguy, dazzed and PTAA liked
MemberMember
(@lakerzlato248gmail-com)

Posted : 09/06/2020 3:00 pm

Word around town is that heperished after a botched subcision procedure.

dazzed and PTAA liked
MemberMember
(@sarah2921)

Posted : 09/06/2020 3:05 pm

@Sirius LeeI am absolutely not here to advertise, I promise. I didn't realize links to outside sites weren't allowed; I've just lurked very sporadically for a decade.I'm only looking to verify whether the (now unnamed) site is actually run by BA, and if so,whether he's still seen as a relatively trustworthy resource before I send anyone any money. To be clear, I also don't blame the guy for trying to monetize and I'm not trying to shame him if that's all that's happened. I just want to know what's up! So that I'm not sending money and photos of my face to someone who it turns out knows nothing about how to treat acne scars.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/06/2020 3:10 pm

10 minutes ago, james005 said:

Word around town is that heperished after a botched subcision procedure.

WHO ?

MemberMember
(@rosinsky404gmail-com)

Posted : 09/06/2020 3:14 pm

Sarah- if you want, PM me for his site.

Ive been getting help from him for my scar plan there. AlsoI asked him about the ebook he said thiswebsite took it down, but he may rerelease a new one from his site.

Honestly scar sufferers can be really high maintenance so its good that he can now give people the personalized help they need.

It is definitely the same person, hard to explain but you can tell based on the way he writes the same way on his old posts here and whencorresponding through email.

MemberMember
(@lakerzlato248gmail-com)

Posted : 09/06/2020 3:17 pm

53 minutes ago, Miro said:

WHO ?

beautifulambition. On reddit they said he was buried with his favorite nokor needle and Dr. Lim was the only one that showed up to his funeral.

PTAA liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/06/2020 4:05 pm

47 minutes ago, james005 said:

beautifulambition. On reddit they said he was buried with his favorite nokor needle and Dr. Lim was the only one that showed up to his funeral.

Lol i thought it was cannula

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/06/2020 6:30 pm

Beautifulambition was very helpful to the community as I observed and my first year on this site. Literally on the site giving advice every hour it seemed like. Then, I noticed he wasn't giving much advice like before and sending users to DM him/her for a more detailed consultation. I remember sending him direct messages, and one day I saw that he added links in his DM messages to make "donations" to him. I thought that was odd because this is a non-profit website (.org) and didn't think a moderator should solicit money/bitcoin/gift cards.

So it all made sense why BA was giving less advice on the forum and directing people to his DM's. The acne scarebook he had as a sticky removed more then half the contents and told users to DM for the complete version. I saw BA direct a new user one day to DM him with zero advice and I got tired of it, because that was taking helpful content away from hundreds of scar sufferers.I called him out. He hid the thread and made changes to my comment and claimed I was defaming him or something like that. Another moderator backed me up and around that time BA decided to only help people through DMs.

As I expected, both the ebook and chemical peelthreads are gone, because BA cares more about what benefits him and not the users in the acne.org community. Poor form by someone who helped many, but greed and wanting to profit after Dr. Lim's shout out showed histrue motives. It's a free country, and if BA went to another site to make some money and give the generic 3-8 subcision advice then good luck to him/her.

dazzed and PTAA liked
MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 09/06/2020 11:14 pm

I don't see anything wrong with BA creating a business around his knowledge of acne scars. He's been around for so long to network with the right people and actually gain something from this. He was online almost everyday giving advice to users here.I think without himthis community wouldn't exist.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:07 am

I'm not sure BA gives good advice. 1.) He told me I need laser, laser, laser which shocked me cause he always says on the board manual treatments first. When I saw a good derm she told me my type ofscarring is not suitable for lasers(mostly ice-picks and some boxcars)

2.)hetold me that I'll need 10 subcision for results. And I read later that you only need subcision if your scars are tethered. If tethers are cut, no need for subcision.

3.) He kept mentioning "ask how you can help me financially" which also didn't sit well with me.

4.) I mean who is this guy/ girl? They are basically complete anons. I don't take / pay for advice from faceless anons wich zero credibility.

5.) Hmm also worth mentioning I think s that the first thingthey said to me when I sent photos was you'd better see Dr Lim!

6.) BA warned me that he and Dr Lim think users who are active on the board(some even have written in this thread) are not mentally well and people shouldn't follow their advice. When actually their comments made more sense to me than what BA suggested.

Anyway, I wasn't happy with his advice. He did answer every day though to be honest.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:36 am

BA gave me bad advice as well and my plastic surgeon sorted me out. I won't put them down because sometimes pictures aren't enough and a professional doing a close analysis is going to make a much better assessment. This place is for acne scar sufferers to exchange experiences which is a wonderful thing but that much clout shouldn't fall behind anyone without credentials behind scar revision. This community got a bit snuffed out by their overbearing presence if anything. No one else could give their opinion for some time there and people acted like BA was a trained professional.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:37 am

As @Sirius Lee pointed out, Dr. Lim praised BA in a YouTube video, leading to an uptick in people asking for BA's advice. BA claimed to be inundated with requests and unable to keep up with everything on the forums. The DMs were supposedly to accommodate as many people's questions as possible. There's plenty of speculation on the subject, as seen in the replies above. If BA indeed monetized, there's nothing wrong with it per se. However, if the DM payments speculation is accurate, there are better ways of going about it monetization. That method is likely against forum rules.

BA helped many people on this forum and the community is stronger than it once was. If BA is leaving, I wish BA the best of luck. However, this community remains the best place for free information, advice, etc.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:42 am

32 minutes ago, BlueMaloney said:

BA warned me that he and Dr Lim think users who are active on the board(some even have written in this thread) are not mentally well and people shouldn't follow their advice. When actually their comments made more sense to me than what BA suggested.

I bet they did say that because BA had a bad attitude. If anyone wants to correct me on theircredentials please do, but no layman should be charging for medical advice.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/07/2020 12:57 am

15 minutes ago, Kay24 said:

I bet they did say that because BA had a bad attitude. If anyone wants to correct me on theircredentials please do, but no layman should be charging for medical advice.

That's what made me distrust BA in the first place. BA even put it in their disclaimer that certain people are not to be trusted because he and Dr Lim consider them mentally ill. For the record that were people challenging BA in their comments or sharing that the treatments BA had suggested to them didn't work. Btw, I did ask BA if he hadanything to do with skin profesionally and he confirmed it but he didn't identify as a doctor. Anyway, I do agree with you no one (professional or not) should be charging for medical advice behind a faceless avatar.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 09/07/2020 1:46 am

I've always wondered that BA could maybe be Davin Lim. They practically give the same advice.

Also, where did Obi Wan go? He gave great and detailed advice, but suddenly he was gone?

PTAA liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/07/2020 2:10 am

BA helped me with some general advices, first from what i red here on forum, then i checked some information from his e-book and chemical peels thread. Very informative and helpfull to comunity.

Basic rules : do manual methods first if your scars are not superficial, do not stock too many treatments together, space your treatments let your skin heal, be patient, resurface at the end of the journey, dont expect miracles from this treatments.

Also he directed to Dr Emil , who specializes himself in acne scars revision.

Thats what i think he was supposed to do. I dont know if those treatment plans of his arequite ok, he should advice you to get good doctor, and make an appointment with him, only dr can check your skin in person and start some treatment plan.

However there were some people on forum that wrote he sent them to some doctors that they did nothing for their scars if not made em worse.

Also I didnt like his advocating Dr Lim at all cost, he was elevating him to GURU status here which is nonsense.

Also i dont understand why first he moved only to PM s and then completely moved away from this site , deleting his e-book and chemical peels forum, many people donated him anyway, i also gave him small donation, why not, for his time and helping me, however making bussines out of it ? I find it weird .

Also attacking some people here on forum ? They just share their experience. And acne scars revision in nutshell is :

Icepicks TCA or phenol CROSS, rest subcision + fillers , Microneedling RF , some TCA paint. lasers, find a good dermatologist that specializies in this field and follow his advice , also telling people to use topicals like retin A on skin without checking em in person ?Talk to your doctor, he examines your skin so he should know, if u dont trust your doctor then move to another one . Whats the big deal ?

Also wonder myself where OBI WAN Kenobi went , maybe fighting Dark forces, i agree he was very knowledgeable

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/07/2020 2:52 am

Perhaps what BA meant is that some people's judgment is clouded by their desperation to fix acne scars at all cost. There is a psychological element to managing acne scars. Eagerness to improve acne scarring sometimes leads to bad decisions

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/07/2020 6:40 pm

16 hours ago, Noa27 said:

I've always wondered that BA could maybe be Davin Lim. They practically give the same advice. 

Also, where did Obi Wan go? He gave great and detailed advice, but suddenly he was gone? 

While BA followed the advice given by Lim, OBI talked (I should say wrote) liked Lim. I think he was called out, either publicly or privately. Now you know why he was so knowledgeable (and why you don't see him anymore). :)

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 09/07/2020 7:34 pm

We are turning this all into one big conspiracy theory that needs to stop. Its not helping. I am well aware of BAs past. His responses to post arent particularly the nicest, and I know of some of the petty behavior he has engaged in before.The credentials that he lists for himself have no proof to back them up, and I really dont like how he labels those who are upset about their situation as mentally ill. Still, he and obi-wanhave given me great places to start on my scar journey, and Im thankful for that.

In regards to BAs departure, its understandable that he would want to start charging for his services. I mean hes been doing thisfor years for free. I know it iskind of unfair to all those who are asking for his help now instead of earlier and that disappoints me, but I cant blame him. And yes,I wish his ebook was still on the site, and if he took that down himself, Id be a little pissed. But again, I dont know. And I cant accuse anybody of anyaction just through speculation.

I can concoct any scenario into my brain if I believe hard enough. Is BA not showing his real identity because he actually doesnt know anything and doesnt want the real-world accountability? Or is hea private guy who just wants to share his knowledge? Who knows. Is BA and these other doctors teaming up for their own site for an attempt to monopolize the business? Or do they have the knowledge that can actually help acne scar wearers when nothing else has worked? I dont know. The acne scar world is full of dishonesty, whether in before/after pictures or the over-promising of results. Weneverknow whats right or wrong.But if you begin to distrust everything immediately, you lose hope. Thats the last thing I want.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 09/08/2020 12:30 am

After doing some research, it looks like he now has his own website where you can basically buy a subscription plan and get ongoing support/advice on your acne scars. You can also just buy a one off scar plan if you're not interested in the monthly subscription. The minimum price is $35 dollars, however he does consider giving out advice for less than this if you have financial restrictions(I'm assuming USD but not sure on this). On the website there is endorsement from Dr Lim, Dr Steve Weiner and Dr Emil. I also remember seeing a webinar or podcast on Davin Lim's instagram some time ago where BA would be featured on. This was months ago, however.

I was wondering why BA was so absent on here and now I guess that's why! I don't think there is anything wrong it per se, but it is disappointing. Acne scar treatment is already super expensive & costs just seem to rise with everything. Paying for advice seems unnecessary, however when there is a community like this. Every dollar counts when you're saving for scar revision. But then again, if B.A is doing this every single day, then maybe a small payment for his/her trouble really isn't so bad. It's shocking to see the amount of generic and bad advice on reddit. I saw a post there and this guy had serious scarring yet every time someone will comment "microneedling is your best option" and they downvote people who recommend TCA cross, for example. It's such blatant bad advice and I wonder how much that ruins people's hope for scar treatments when they inevitably have these treatments that straight up won't work. I got told early on lasers where my best bet and I had no idea about subcision or filler until months later and money wasted.. bad advice harms us vulnerable people desperate for results so I do encourage people like B.A who at least know what they're talking about... Not to imply lasers are bad (they have given me a lot of improvement), but a one size fits all approach for multiple scar types is not good.

I have met Dr Lim many times in person and know a lot of people here have not because he is so far away. I really like him and think his approach for scar revision is great. He is a straight up guy who knows his stuff.

End of long winded essay lol

George26, Gynoscar, SaraTheGerman and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/08/2020 2:45 am

Atleast BA is still there. ObiWan was the GOAT. I miss him, honestly.

thepwhisp liked
MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 09/09/2020 11:32 am

The moderators removed his content.