Notifications
Clear all

Advice on my Scars - thinking of visiting Dr. Emil

MemberMember
(@conwayevan06hotmail-com)

Posted : 09/05/2020 4:37 pm

Hi all,

After many unsuccessful attempts to have my facial scarring cleared up by what I now believe to have been complete amateurs, I am looking to travel to Denmark to see Dr. Emil (who I understand to be pretty much the best available in Europe). I have attached two pictures which show the scarring that I have on either temple. I also have scarring on the middle of my forehead but it is not quite as prominent as this. My questions are as follows:

1. What kind of scarring is this? (boxcar, rolling, ice-pick, an unhealthy combination of all of the above)

2. What sort of treatments do you think that Dr Emil would advocate for these and how many treatments/courses of these treatments do you imagine I would require?

3. How much would these treatments cost (very rough estimate)?

4. What would my skin look like in the immediate aftermath of these treatments - how long will it take after treatment for redness/peeling to not be conspicuous

5. Would it be possible to agree a provisional treatment with Dr. Emil and then travel over for my first treatment and then make any potential adjustments to price if agreeable when I land over there for the first time or would I have to travel over specifically for a consultation and then come back another time for my first treatment if the price is right?

Incidentally, the treatments that I had in the past were professional dermarolling (I think around 3 sessions of around 2mm) and numerous sessions of laser (probably fraxel but not sure). Neither had any positive impact.

Many thanks in advance. I should point out that I will be working on and off throughout the day tomorrow, so if you ask a question it may take a few hours for me to reply.

MemberMember
(@jullia-arnoldgmail-com)

Posted : 09/06/2020 4:08 am

You seem to have boxcar scars, maybe tethered rolling scars, but nobody can tell you that for sure until the doctor has examined your skin to see if there are any tethers. The same goes for the possible treatments. Being a patient and knowing what Dr Emil does, my guess is that he'll suggest subcision plus or minus filler(if you have tethered rolling scars) and his new energy device Genius RF, which has shown promising results so far. Or maybe some kind of laser treatments. OnlyDr Emil can make a recommendation after he's examined your skin, he's very thorough.

You can book a consultation first. They are aware of patients travelling long distance and offer the option to do the treatments on the day of the consultation. As for the prices, if you do a combination of treatments, they usually charge some kind ofpackage price, not the price for the treatments seperately. You can ask his assistants how much certain procedures would cost approximately in advance per email,or the doctor himself at the consultation.

Hope this helps.

I also didn't want to wastetime and money on ineffective treatments and chose to travel to see Dr Emil. It's worth it.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 09/06/2020 11:08 am

When ik visited him the first time he even told me when I asked for the price that it was not a problem if I didn't have enough money with me. I could pay the rest when I was home. Not sure if he still offer that, I think he doesn't. My first visit with him was in the time when he was not that famous.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/06/2020 4:29 pm

23 hours ago, Evan Almighty said:

1. What kind of scarring is this? (boxcar, rolling, ice-pick, an unhealthy combination of all of the above)

2. What sort of treatments do you think that Dr Emil would advocate for these and how many treatments/courses of these treatments do you imagine I would require?

3. How much would these treatments cost (very rough estimate)?

4. What would my skin look like in the immediate aftermath of these treatments - how long will it take after treatment for redness/peeling to not be conspicuous

5. Would it be possible to agree a provisional treatment with Dr. Emil and then travel over for my first treatment and then make any potential adjustments to price if agreeable when I land over there for the first time or would I have to travel over specifically for a consultation and then come back another time for my first treatment if the price is right?

1. Mostlyrolling scars. Some boxcars.

2. Subcisions are the best method for rolling scars.

3. Subcision is usually cheaper than laser and RF microneedling.

4. Since subcision is done manually, the downtime is minimal. Swelling and redness can last up to 2 weeks. There is no peeling.

5. That you will need to coordinate with his office.

It'svery possible Emil could recommend additional treatments like TCA. With TCA, there will also be swelling and redness for the first 2 weeks followed by peeling afterwards.