Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RockyRoad123

Blue LED Light Therapy

Hi everyone - I've been a long time sufferer of acne (about 20 years nows!) and wanted to share my recent positive experience using blue LED light therapy. I've had mild/bad acne ever since I was 14 and was one of the lucky ones who found their acne continued right into my adult life. I have been able to control it fairly well with the routine below, but I still probably averaged 3-4 new pimples a week. Someone recommended blue LED light therapy to me, but I was very skeptical. As like a lot of you I'm sure, I had tried everything under the sun and was convinced nothing would ever work that well.

For the blue LED light, I started with LightStim but the coverage area is so small that it only worked on reducing already active pimples but not really as a preventative measure. So I ended up buying the Celluma CLEAR product. This model doesn't quite cover your whole face at once, but the models that do are much more expensive so I just move it around during treatment. I use it for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week, and have finally controlled my acne to where I only get 1, maybe 2 pimples a month. After suffering for so long, I'm all too aware of the impact acne can have on you physically, mentally, and emotionally. So I wanted to at least share my experience in the hopes that it may help others. Like I said, I'm sure it won't work for everyone but it is certainly worth a try. I don't think it would totally control my acne without the rest of my routine, so is probably better used as an addition rather than a replacement. I know diet plays a big part as well, so I try to eat pretty clean without being obsessive about it. I also found that doing the 16oz of fresh celery juice in the morning on an empty stomach helped some of the gut issues I was having which decreased some of my acne.

Morning: Wash with cleanser, apply benzoyl peroxide, apply moisturizer

Lunch: rinse face with water and apply moisturizer

Evening: Wash with cleanser (use facial brush 3 times a week), apply benzoyl peroxide, apply moisturizer

For the blue LED light, I use it 3-4 times a week either in the morning or evening, and after washing my face but before applying any topicals.

One day I hope to remove the BP, but I hope this is helpful.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes