Notifications
Clear all

Suffering body dysmenorrhea

MemberMember
(@castrojulia108yahoo-com)

Posted : 08/28/2020 9:04 pm

If anybody can relate please reach out I had Microneedling sessions completely changed my skin for worse . Scars Barely noticeable on Nose are deeper and dark now pores are enlarged and nose covered in blackheads .. this caused severe depression and anxiety I can longer work or be out in public or around family I feel freakishly gross .. I look in the mirror all day try accept myself but if feels like nightmare this reflection cant be me but it is ... I think of blackheads all day the pores stretching doing more damage amount of oil I produce knowing Ill get more blackheads Snd then scars look worse ..its caused some type of psychological trauma its embarrassing but Im suffering from this phobia of my acne craters pores and holes in general . Its caused major depression all I see is my nose of scars and dots I just want normal nose . I know it sounds crazy but Ive become so withdrawn cant Function normal life stuff I have lookat pores all day count blackheads just to see how much more came .. I know there has to be more to this but nobody can help me why Im going through this way it bothers me terribly though if you looked like me you would understand but for this mentally take overly life put me in severe depression hopeless ..

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/28/2020 9:32 pm

16 minutes ago, JJc said:

If anybody can relate please reach out I had Microneedling sessions completely changed my skin for worse . Scars Barely noticeable on Nose are deeper and dark now pores are enlarged and nose covered in blackheads .. this caused severe depression and anxiety I can longer work or be out in public or around family I feel freakishly gross .. I look in the mirror all day try accept myself but if feels like nightmare this reflection cant be me but it is ... I think of blackheads all day the pores stretching doing more damage amount of oil I produce knowing Ill get more blackheads Snd then scars look worse ..its caused some type of psychological trauma its embarrassing but Im suffering from this phobia of my acne craters pores and holes in general . Its caused major depression all I see is my nose of scars and dots I just want normal nose . I know it sounds crazy but Ive become so withdrawn cant Function normal life stuff I have lookat pores all day count blackheads just to see how much more came .. I know there has to be more to this but nobody can help me why Im going through this way it bothers me terribly though if you looked like me you would understand but for this mentally take overly life put me in severe depression hopeless ..

When did you get the procedure? With any invasive treatments, it tends to look much worse at the beginning. Collagen stimulation can also take up to 4 weeks and you usually won't see it's full effect until well after 3 months. Things can change dramatically after 4 weeks as the swelling subsides and collagen begins to form. Have hope and look on the bright side.

MemberMember
(@lizben)

Posted : 08/28/2020 10:03 pm

Hi, I'm having the same thing happen. I've had two microneedling sessions (the first one 6 weeks ago, the second 2 weeks ago) and my scars are at least 50% worse, new ones have appeared that I didn't even know were there. I am looking at old pictures of myself and can't even believe how much better they were before the treatments, and I'm obsessively looking in the mirror / taking pictures from a bunch of angles in the hopes that maybe it's not that bad ... but it is. 🙁

Does anyone know if this is normal for it to be worse before it gets better?

And Jjc, hang in there and be sure to take care of yourself and get mental healthcare, too. Having someone to talk to can help a lot, even if this is just objectively terrible to experience <3 <3 <3

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/29/2020 10:44 am

Microneedling with what ? Dermaroller ? Doctor performed procedure ?

MemberMember
(@lizben)

Posted : 08/29/2020 11:43 am

58 minutes ago, Miro said:

Microneedling with what ? Dermaroller ? Doctor performed procedure ?

I had DermaPen, done by a board certified dermatologist

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/29/2020 12:21 pm

I ve red so many bad reviews of dermapen , this is weird , have u talked to your doctor About your concerns ?

MemberMember
(@castrojulia108yahoo-com)

Posted : 08/29/2020 9:07 pm

Yes they tell me there is no way dermapen caused this

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/29/2020 10:38 pm

1 hour ago, JJc said:

Yes they tell me there is no way dermapen caused this

Of course it can, even Dermapen has side effects, just go to google and type : dermapen ruined my skin .

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/30/2020 1:45 pm

Dermapen messed up my skin. Nurses tell you it helps scars but they just want money. I ended up getting fractional CO2 to smooth out these scars.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/30/2020 1:58 pm

12 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

Dermapen messed up my skin. Nurses tell you it helps scars but they just want money. I ended up getting fractional CO2 to smooth out these scars.

Why has dermapen so many negative reviews ? F.e. Microneedling RF like Genius has very positive reviews .

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/30/2020 2:32 pm

On 8/28/2020 at 11:03 PM, lizben said:

Hi, I'm having the same thing happen. I've had two microneedling sessions (the first one 6 weeks ago, the second 2 weeks ago) and my scars are at least 50% worse, new ones have appeared that I didn't even know were there. I am looking at old pictures of myself and can't even believe how much better they were before the treatments, and I'm obsessively looking in the mirror / taking pictures from a bunch of angles in the hopes that maybe it's not that bad ... but it is. :(

Does anyone know if this is normal for it to be worse before it gets better?

And Jjc, hang in there and be sure to take care of yourself and get mental healthcare, too. Having someone to talk to can help a lot, even if this is just objectively terrible to experience <3 <3 <3 

Hmmmm . . . I tried Skinpen on my left temple and did not like the results immediately after at all. The area was red for several months and what I noticed is that prior my temple was a bit like a puffy padded quilt. After Skinpen it was as if the puff was reduced and the depressions connected.  It's been a few years and a Restylane Lyft filling later and it looks okay.

But I digress.  Give it some time. It's too soon to judge what you had done even after six weeks.

Also post some before and after pics to get some impartial opinions.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/30/2020 9:08 pm

7 hours ago, Miro said:

Why has dermapen so many negative reviews ? F.e. Microneedling RF like Genius has very positive reviews .

I should probably not have made such a blanket statement. Dermapendid not help me. It also has damaged other people's skin. However, I have heard aboutsome good results and seen YouTube videos of other people's accounts saying that it does work. I will never do it again.

Microneedling in other forms may help. I purchased a Derminator because I wanted to save money in the long run. I have only tried it once so I can't provide my experience since everyone needs multiple treatments. I stopped dermarolling after getting the Derminator.