Notifications
Clear all

Best doctors for acne scar fillers?

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 08/28/2020 1:24 pm

Hi this is my last topic. I read that there are some doctors who are VERY good at fillers - such as bellafill, etc. to cover acne scars. Does anyone know any good doctors who are skilled in this? Doesn't matter which area or state. Thank you

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/28/2020 4:20 pm

2 hours ago, Sheila619 said:

Hi this is my last topic. I read that there are some doctors who are VERY good at fillers - such as bellafill, etc. to cover acne scars. Does anyone know any good doctors who are skilled in this? Doesn't matter which area or state. Thank you

There are lots of doctors good at injecting. I don't think you need to fly out of state for this.

Some nurses are better at injecting than doctors because they do these procedures so often.

Bellafill is semi-permanent so you need to be sure that you want fillers and that appearance. The cautionary path is to get temporary filler so that you know if (1) you like the amount, (2) you're comfortable with the injector, and (3) how it looks. Some doctors will say Bellafill migrates - maybe not immediate but in the long run either due to facial movement or gravity. Other doctors say the PMMA after several months won't move. Who do you believe?

I've had one syringe of Bellafill injected in me. It didn't do much for my boxcar scars but most of mine are not typical acne ones - more from trauma. The few acne scars didn't get noticeable improvement. One of them has a bump (from Bellafill)that I can feel but people can't see it. The area with my trauma scars can definitely be felt where the Bellafill was injected.