Notifications
Clear all

How deep are fillers injected?

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/28/2020 3:13 am

I am wondering how deep are fillers (e.g., Sculptra) injected? Can I still do microneedling after I get fillers? I usually do 1.5mm myself. Am I still able to do that? Would this affect fillers?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/28/2020 2:34 pm

Sculptra goes in deep, more deeper than hyaluronic fillers. Also Sculptra is not a volumizing filler, so it will not be apparent for the next 3-6 months. Microneedling will not have any effect on Sculptra.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/28/2020 11:22 pm

What about bellafill? How does that compare to Sculptra? Is that better? My dermatologist told me that bellafill is more superficial than Scupltra and it works better for acne scars.

MemberMember
(@rosinsky404gmail-com)

Posted : 08/28/2020 11:40 pm

11 minutes ago, froyosh said:

What about bellafill? How does that compare to Sculptra? Is that better? My dermatologist told me that bellafill is more superficial than Scupltra and it works better for acne scars.

They work different. Sculptra is injected to widespread volume loss and stimulates your natural collagen production before it dissolves- leaving you with your own bodyscollagen as a replacement. Bellafill is little artificial beads placed under your skin- your body is supposed to latch on around it and surround it with collagen to fill in the scar. Bellafill doesnt dissolve so if they mess up youre left with lumps and according to some doctors the little beads can migrate with time.

Both of these fillers can give youpermanent results- but sculptra will eventually be metabolized by your body.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/29/2020 12:59 am

1 hour ago, froyosh said:

Bellafill goes in just under the scar, so no microneedling for at least 4 weeks (to be safe, I say 8 weeks). As for which is better for acne scars, the devil's in the detail. That's the same for all fillers. Adding to whatthe above poster mentioned, Sculptra and Bellafill are non-reversible, so if you don't like the final result, there's no going back. Good thing is complications are pretty low, even though they can happen.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/31/2020 1:56 am

Bellafill goes in just under the scar, so no microneedling for at least 4 weeks (to be safe, I say 8 weeks).

As Bellafill stays there forever, then why it's ok to do microneedling after 8 weeks? Isn't it still there?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/31/2020 2:26 pm

12 hours ago, froyosh said:

As Bellafill stays there forever, then why it's ok to do microneedling after 8 weeks? Isn't it still there?

Well, it was your idea, not mine. All I'm stating is that, if you want to microneedle,you should wait at least 4weeks (8 weeks to be safe) to allow Bellafill to harden and settle into place.