Notifications
Clear all

I made an appoinment with Dr Rullan

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 08/27/2020 5:44 pm

Im lucky because I live like 20 minutes away so I thought I should take this oppurtunity to see what he would suggest for me. Too be very honest with all of you I dont feel optimistic about treatments for scarring and I guess thats the pessimist in me but my scarring isbothering me soId figure at least if I try it cant hurt and who knows maybe I will see some improvement. The only thing im hoping for is that he provides me treatment specialized for my needs and not the one all package deal.I will keep you updated and see how it goes. Im scheduled for 9/3

MemberMember
(@myhope)

Posted : 08/28/2020 4:35 pm

You are in good hands, Dr. Rullan will recommend the best treatment based on the scars you have. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 08/28/2020 8:48 pm

Best of luck. Keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 09/10/2020 3:12 am

On 8/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, sdps said:

Im lucky because I live like 20 minutes away so I thought I should take this oppurtunity to see what he would suggest for me. Too be very honest with all of you I dont feel optimistic about treatments for scarring and I guess thats the pessimist in me but my scarring isbothering me soId figure at least if I try it cant hurt and who knows maybe I will see some improvement. The only thing im hoping for is that he provides me treatment specialized for my needs and not the one all package deal.I will keep you updated and see how it goes. Im scheduled for 9/3

Hang in there. How did your appointment go?

Dr. Rullan is known for subcision and Phenol Cross. These can make a difference. I've pasted a link below.

While subcision didn't work for me, it has for other people and you can read about it on this forum. I didn't have much tethering - mainly boxcars. Phenol Cross didn't work on all my scars but it did for some. It took a while but one of my scars got shallower for sure. The ones that didn't improve were the really shallow ones without hard borders.

Treatments do require money and time but they do work if you have the persistence and patience. Like BA said before, the journey is a few years, not months.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/10/2020 3:37 am

Well boxcars, i thinkthey are "imune" to microneedling , microneedling RF and subcision, only way how to significantly improve boxcars you need medium - deep peels, or lasers . I ve had some improvement with subcision and M RF , but not that much on my boxcars, however my rolling scars improved nicely , icepicks i have two that bother me , and theres only CROSS technique for those, every scartype responds differently to treatments, thats why u need combination of tretaments for your face, unless medicine comes up with something new