Notifications
Clear all

Subcision or infini rf for my acne scar? Or any ither suggestion?

MemberMember
(@evavskoalagmail-com)

Posted : 08/25/2020 5:07 pm

I had horrible cystic acne on my chin last year

I don't know if it's related but after getting a cortisone shot on my right side, now I have this indented scar(left side where I didn't get a shot is pretty much ok or the scar is much shallower/less visible)

I was on accutane for7 monthsand I'm finally off accutane and I'd like to do something about the scar now

One dermatologist I contacted suggested me to get subcision with filler then chemical peel for the texture

I also have some shallow boxcars and rolling scars on my temple area(they are old scars) and i know these kind of scars don't respond very well to subcision.

Would infini rf work on both?

I live in Europe and there's literally just one dermatologist who has infini rf machine in city i live

*I put cc cream andmy skin was very dry from accutane

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/26/2020 5:03 am

11 hours ago, Tory said:

I had horrible cystic acne on my chin last year

I don't know if it's related but after getting a cortisone shot on my right side, now I have this indented scar(left side where I didn't get a shot is pretty much ok or the scar is much shallower/less visible)

I was on accutane for7 monthsand I'm finally off accutane and I'd like to do something about the scar now

One dermatologist I contacted suggested me to get subcision with filler then chemical peel for the texture

I also have some shallow boxcars and rolling scars on my temple area(they are old scars) and i know these kind of scars don't respond very well to subcision.

Would infini rf work on both?

I live in Europe and there's literally just one dermatologist who has infini rf machine in city i live

*I put cc cream andmy skin was very dry from accutane

I would go with subcision since they look to be a little tethered.
I had Infini and I didn't notice improvement on my boxcar scars. However, all of our scars are different.

MemberMember
(@myhope)

Posted : 08/26/2020 11:32 am

Based on my experience, I would also recommend subcision with possible filler or suctioning to decrease the likelihood of re-tethering. The reason being is subscision will treat the indentations at a horizontal level, breaking the scar tissue that is pulling the surface of your skin down.